GDT: 2019 ALCS: (1) Houston Astros vs (2) New York Yankees - HOU wins 4-2

ALCS

• Total voters

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The second most joyous thing to a Red Sox World Series is a Yankees (especially a painful) elimination.

Well done Houston.

It’s still likely they’ll win one in the next 2-3 years. They’re simply too good and they’ll probably sign both Wheeler and Cole this winter. The main question is how many more years can they get out of guys like Green Kahnle and Chapman that are this good? It’s likely sooner or later these guys are gonna have down years

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Tired from what? The dude pitched 2.2 innings in the series, 4.2 innings this month.

True, but I thought they said he pitched three days in a row on the broadcast. That’s a lot for any closer. Especially with no days off in between.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
EHS2ZFzX0AES8QR

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
True, but I thought they said he pitched three days in a row on the broadcast. That’s a lot for any closer. Especially with no days off in between.

Two days in a row, he didn't pitch when they got spanked in Game 4. And he threw nine pitches in Game 5.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It’s still likely they’ll win one in the next 2-3 years. They’re simply too good and they’ll probably sign both Wheeler and Cole this winter. The main question is how many more years can they get out of guys like Green Kahnle and Chapman that are this good? It’s likely sooner or later these guys are gonna have down years

There’s no guarantee. They’re still too HR dependent and K heavy. Chapman is on the downside of his career and Betances can’t stay healthy. They need more Lemahieu’s in their lineup but those guys aren’t readily available.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I think even if it stayed in unless it took a remarkably fortunate bounce directly to the CF or LF it was scoring the run from 1st

kinda like Ishikawa in 2014. Even if it bounced off the wall, a run was scoring

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

Would be shocked if Cole goes to the Yankees. Angels are gonna make him part owner to get him to be their ace.

They said he would need to pitch 3 days on a row if they were going to win this series. Meaning he would pitch tmro in game 7

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean if people want to rip Chapman for that reaction vaya con dios...I just take it as a sarcastic smile given the situation.

Reactions: Cassano

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
High five to duke33. Please 4 more wins. Pitching matchup will be unreal. Hopefully they do a better job at capitalizing with runners on. Baseball playoffs is going to kill me. My heart can't take it

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Not worried if I'm a Yankees fan.. A WS is imminent. They'll get better starting pitching and better bullpen. Also a Healthy Stanton and Andujar may have been enough to get through the Astros.
Yanks have had injuries all year and even so managed to be arguably baseball's team

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ya just hate to see it!

now I don’t have to worry about who wins the WS. Happy with whoever.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not worried if I'm a Yankees fan.. A WS is imminent. They'll get better starting pitching and better bullpen. Also a Healthy Stanton and Andujar may have been enough to get through the Astros.
Yanks have had injuries all year and even so managed to be arguably baseball's team

Urshela is better than Andujar.

Reactions: Cassano

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cash man has built a team that is fundamentally wrong.

He expects to slug your way to a World Series which might work once if you get lucky and better teams choke.

He has failed to get the starting pitching you need to win in October. He failed to get a lineup and a coaching staff to instill a mindset to worry about contact.

It’s all big HR or strikeout. When the pitching is at its best. You need to choke up and grind out a single or a walk.

DJ and Torres were the only ones pulling their weight. What good was EE? Sanchez. Yankee fans love Gardner but he was a heaping helping of worthless. Glad we had him hitting 5 for half the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad