NFL GDT: 2019 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Baltimore Ravens vs (6) Tennessee Titans - Saturday, 8:15 EST

BALTEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
This is crap. Watson is a must watch player.

I agree. As a Bears fan I've got my bottle of Jack Daniels ready to sit and sob and watch what I'm calling the Trubisky Bowl today. The two superstar QBs the Bears in their infinite wisdom decided to pass up on in order to take MT. And that Houston-Tenneseee game a few weeks ago for the division was actually a really good game. If they met again it would be another good one. So would KC-Ten.

The analysts are probably close to panic mode, I'm sure they'd been loading up on pages of stuff for Jackson vs. Mahomes for weeks and now they may not get either one.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
If Tannehill is the last man standing in the AFC, the woke mob might call for the cancellation of the NFL.:laugh:
Just another example of it’s a team game. From the coaching scheme, and player execution. Titans are showing a perfect example this. Also, it looks like they are taking on the personality of their coach. Nobody wants to play the Titans right now. We shall see what happens.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I’m glad they lost. I still don’t think Jackson is a good QB. He’s a great athlete, he can run, but to me, just an average QB when he needs to throw it more than he likes to for a win. IMO another Vick.

I think by next year teams will have him figured out in a way, I.E. now they have 16 or 17 games of film to work off of. Kind of like how Newton was so explosive before teams figured out how to limit him.

I was shocked that Ravens season ended with such a pitiful performance

Congrats to Titans on run they have made thus far

After the Titans beat the Pats I knew they'd win this week. A lot of momentum defeating the GOAT/reigning champs and the whole "nobody believes in us" thing.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Shannon Sharpe warned against resting your starters in Week 17. He'll go off on that.

He was the same victim when he was with Denver. The year they got upset by Jacksonville, Denver rested their starters not just week 17 but previous weeks before that because they clinched the AFC West so far ahead of time that starters did not even play for weeks.

Also, teams who clinch during the last week of the regular season do have an advantage against rested teams cause every week leading up to the post season it’s a one and done mentality.

Reactions: Tuggy

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah. Titans Texans would not be appealing.

Titans Chiefs would be somewhat appealing.

But the most appealing matchup is no more.
KC actually has the worst run D in the playoffs. I think seeing Mahomes and Henry go head to head would be really interesting.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
He was the same victim when he was with Denver. The year they got upset by Jacksonville, Denver rested their starters not just week 17 but previous weeks before that because they clinched the AFC West so far ahead of time that starters did not even play for weeks.

Also, teams who clinch during the last week of the regular season do have an advantage against rested teams cause every week leading up to the post season it’s a one and done mentality.

Yup, he was referencing that.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Can anyone confirm that Jackson executed the most plays in a game of all time (pass attempts + rushing attempts + targets)? The closest I could find was Bledsoe throwing 70 times and rushing 2 times. Jackson had 59 throws and 20 rushes for 79 total.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Titans are reminding me of the 07 Giants! Would be great to see them win. I love the way they play!
Playing solid ball control football.

capitalized on early turnovers to build a lead which Roman the OC went away from their run based offence.

beauty of a route and throw to convert their 2nd TD.

game was put away when Jackson was stripped of the ball. Hung on way too long after sidestepping the initial rush. Became a 3 score game and that was it.

3 short fields resulted in 3 Titans TDS. Ravens D needed to hold them to FGs but couldn’t deliver.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
The @Titans are the 3rd team since the 1970 merger to beat the No. 1 scoring offense (Ravens) and No. 1 scoring defense (Patriots) in the same postseason. The other 2 teams both won the Super Bowl (1988 49ers, 2004 Patriots).

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yep, this. I can understand some rust cause of the layoff, a few series, maybe a quarter. But Baltimore never seemed ready, ever. This looked like textbook reading your own press clippings too much and Tennessee came in with nothing to lose and a chip on their shoulder listening to how badly Baltimore was going to beat them all week. Baltimore going for those two fourth downs was nothing more than arrogance. I know they went for it a lot during the reg. season but this was different. Especially with the vaunted offense doing nothing.

Jackson was bad. Yes his receivers dropped some passes but he had two picks, the fumble, held the ball way too long and made several poor and visibly wobbly throws. Tennessee almost had a couple other picks too. As great as he was during the season he's going to have that narrative now, two postseasons, two flops. He's not going to lose that narrative until he proves he can win when it really matters.
I was thinking this exact thought, Bmore players buying in to their own hype.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really thought this was the ravens year

they choked. simple as that. lamar wasn't terrible but he wasn't good. the receivers and TEs forgot how to catch. oh, and the defense didn't do anything all night. this was their year and they blew it

i don't envision lamar having anywhere near this much success next season as well as managing to stay healthy

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I’m glad they lost. I still don’t think Jackson is a good QB. He’s a great athlete, he can run, but to me, just an average QB when he needs to throw it more than he likes to for a win. IMO another Vick.

Correct. He will have to evolve into Russell Wilson is he ever wants to succeed. Running is cute, and it’ll win some games, but never a super bowl.

Reactions: fin8

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018

He had a good game over 360 yards passing, 140 yards rushing and receivers dropping balls.

The Ravens defense let them down. They gave up almost 200 yards rushing to Herny. You can't win the game when the opposing is controlling the clock with their run game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
going for it on 4th and 1 down 14-6 was where the game completely changed

harbaugh should've just taken the 3 pts and it would've been 14-9 with plenty of time left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad