2019 AAF Season Thread

Sep 19, 2008
people simply don't care enough about football aside from NFL and NCAA. the fact that the AAF is doomed is no shock at all. same will happen with the XFL

i'm shocked the AFL lasted for as long as it did (and i'm not talking about the current AFL with like 4 teams)

Well what else are people going to watch from Feb to August? How come Football is only from august to February? Why can't it be year round?

There's only one league which is ridiculous. Either that or just do the CFL which has a cap on international players for some reason.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well what else are people going to watch from Feb to August? How come Football is only from august to February? Why can't it be year round?

There's only one league which is ridiculous. Either that or just do the CFL which has a cap on international players for some reason.

Other things apparently, that's why AAF is getting the ratings it is.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
What I'm hearing is that Dundon is bluffing to pressure the NFLPA into a deal. A lot of league higher-ups are mad about it, and unfortunately the headline may turn out to be true only because casual and non-fans won't look beyond the headline and just give up on the league, look at the reactions here for proof.

But everything else points at a healthy league moving in the right direction. Bad move by Dundon if he's just playing poker here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In raw numbers it doesn't look great, but they are consistently the highest rated weekend program on their networks, well ahead of what these networks (NFLN, CBS-SN) were doing on the same weekends last year.
It's not bad for what they're doing, but it's also not like were millions of people who didn't know what else to watch. I'd bet the vast majority of the people who watch are gamblers trying to stay ahead of betting trends

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
TV ratings are very good for a brand new league playing most of its games on 2nd and 3rd tier sports networks. I think next season they'll get more CBS and TNT games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It's not bad for what they're doing, but it's also not like were millions of people who didn't know what else to watch. I'd bet the vast majority of the people who watch are gamblers trying to stay ahead of betting trends

The vast majority? No. There are plenty of actual football fans who like this league and are watching. Look for any AAF groups across the various social media platforms, there is plenty of genuine interest.

But you are right, it's a great bet right now because it's very unpredictable so odds makers don't have their finger on it like they do with other leagues.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
The Aafb reddit is a good resource and yes there are people watching. That being said, I haven't seen a game recently but I've been busy with college basketball. I do know that they are starting to flex more games as said before onto TBS / TNT and CBS. In the past, those games were just on B/R live...which isn't even a TV station.

This Alliance has good things going for it and people just need to be patient. LAst thing it needs to do is fold after a year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Salt Lake 8, San Diego 3

Sounds like Orlando and Memphis had a wild game in bad weather

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
As far as I know, the league's TV deal is unknown.
AAF not making any money on TV Deals? | XFL2k

"receiving no rights fees"

Best-case scenario they're breaking even on TV, so more likely it's a money loser.

The league is funded for at least 3 full season, IIRC.
lf that was ever true, it certainly isn't any more. They're funded for as long as Dundon signs the cheques, and according to one report he isn't covering any debts prior to him joining the league.

But fear not, Eminem knows what the AAF needs to succeed: Eminem Says Alliance Of American Football Should Allow Players To Fight Like In Hockey

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
XFL2k sounds like a completely neutral source.

The league has said they're making money from TV. They never disclosed how much.

You should find different sources because they appear to be telling you the opposite of the truth.

Who cares what Eminem has to say about the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad