2019 AAF Season Thread

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
There's more to a stadium than the capacity.

MLS stadiums are the perfect size and have professional facilities for TV broadcasting, the media, and the players, but football tends to tear up the turf. I don't think many MLS teams that plays on a natural surface would agree.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
They're using them though

I was meaning more in a sense of perfect sized and likely have new and up to date equipment/facilities.

Has the xfl determined stadiums yet for their relaunch?

Edit:

I see the XFL has a mix of half small stadiums and half large ones

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
ClubCityStadium[21]Capacity
Dagger-14-plain.png
First seasonHead coach
DallasArlington, TexasGlobe Life Park in Arlington25,0002020Bob Stoops
HoustonHouston, TexasTDECU Stadium40,000TBA
Los AngelesCarson, CaliforniaDignity Health Sports Park27,000TBA
New YorkEast Rutherford, New JerseyMetLife Stadium82,500
Dagger-14-plain.png
TBA
St. LouisSt. Louis, MissouriThe Dome at America's Center66,965
Dagger-14-plain.png
TBA
SeattleSeattle, WashingtonCenturyLink Field69,000
Dagger-14-plain.png
Jim Zorn
Tampa BayTampa, FloridaRaymond James Stadium65,618
Dagger-14-plain.png
Marc Trestman
Washington, D.C.Washington, D.C.Audi Field20,000Pep Hamilton
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

XFL (2020) - Wikipedia

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't think attendance is a big deal for the league financially, but they still need to get it up to make the broadcast look better. The games in San Antonio have been great to watch partly because of the fan atmosphere.

TV ratings look good, and with TNT picking up a couple of games that's encouraging.

Plus the apparent negotiations with the NFL to loan players. If they can clear whatever legal hurdles are in the way, it would be a huge win for AAF.

shmglsky

Jul 10, 2012
Plus the apparent negotiations with the NFL to loan players. If they can clear whatever legal hurdles are in the way, it would be a huge win for AAF.

A demotion might be a more accurate description, actually.

I don't see even third string NFL quarterbacks agreeing to this as playing in the AAF would open them up to injury. They're already making reasonably good money; no need to risk it.

I think this would have to be negotiated with the NFLPA anyway, so it is probably too soon for this to happen in year two.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Guys on the bubble would benefit from a loan. Maybe not 3rd string QBs but guys like Fitzgerald Toussaint who are in and out of rosters.

shmglsky

Jul 10, 2012
Isn't that what practice rosters are for, though?

If players on the bubble get cut and can't get picked up then they can go to the AAF. Until that happens they're NFL players, whether on the bubble or not. They still got that hope they'll get their big break.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
San Antonio @ Atlanta.

Some skilled camera work to avoid panning the crowd, ERRR empty seats.

Looks like a soccer crowd from the 70's....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta hasn't been good also, so...I mean it's kind of hard enough to draw people for minor league football, now you're trying to draw them for a team that sucks within it's not-NFL league.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Atlanta hasn't been good also, so...I mean it's kind of hard enough to draw people for minor league football, now you're trying to draw them for a team that sucks within it's not-NFL league.
Yeah I really don’t know why they put a team there in the first place. Seems like it would be best in cities without anything pro football teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I really don’t know why they put a team there in the first place. Seems like it would be best in cities without anything pro football teams.
Probably because they just got a decent deal to rent the stadium in a large market. That was likely the driving factor in where they have teams.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The AAF announced that their championship game, which apparently is to be played at a neutral field for some reason, was moved from Vegas to the Dallas Cowboys practice facility. Which is actually called Ford Center at the Star, it's not your typical practice facility as it hosts other events. It's just...why does this have to be played at a neutral field?

Alliance of American Football

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The AAF announced that their championship game, which apparently is to be played at a neutral field for some reason, was moved from Vegas to the Dallas Cowboys practice facility. Which is actually called Ford Center at the Star, it's not your typical practice facility as it hosts other events. It's just...why does this have to be played at a neutral field?

Alliance of American Football

It's a 12,000 seater, maybe that is part of it

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Having it at a neutral field for a league of this size and interest level is dumb.

MLS eventually realized this, one day the AAF will too.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Manziel takes the field for Memphis mid-mid through the 3rd.

Decent first drive missed FG to show from it.

Plays just a couple of series before going back to Silvers, Express win an OT thriller.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad