Prospect Info: [2019 - 206th] Kieran Ruscheinski (Not Signed - Rights Expire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Lol at the people getting mad about how they paid tribute to the scout with a 7th round pick. I'm sure you are all bundles of joy and are great at parties.
It is nice gesture but usually when you pay tribute to someone you try to do something nice, Considering we land players like Evans and Primeau in the 7 th trying to land a actual NHL player would have be a better tribute and maybe a acknowledge him during the first pick when everyone is watching... wasting a asset regardless how worthless that asset is is still not the greatest idea...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Lol at the people getting mad about how they paid tribute to the scout with a 7th round pick. I'm sure you are all bundles of joy and are great at parties.

so you throw away a draft pick as a tribute ? Seems like a slap in the face for a scout. Like , ‘in honour of all your years of work at Ferrari we are giving your a Honda Civic as a gesture. ‘

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The BCHL regular season ended tonight. Ruscheinski finished the season with 6 pts (all assists) in 36 GP. He missed 22 games due to injury.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The BCHL regular season ended tonight. Ruscheinski finished the season with 6 pts (all assists) in 36 GP. He missed 22 games due to injury.
I wonder where he'll end up going next, as far as I know he's yet to commit to a school officially . Henrikson managed to find a division 1 team willing to take him so he should land somewhere . Going back to the BCHL could be an option as well or switching to the USHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wonder where he'll end up going next, as far as I know he's yet to commit to a school officially . Henrikson managed to find a division 1 team willing to take him so he should land somewhere . Going back to the BCHL could be an option as well or switching to the USHL.

He's not committed to any NCAA college, but in an article in the Calgary Sun, they wrote that he will be in the BCHL next year and then jump to the NCAA.

rusch.png

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Man, that's so damn bad, even for a 6th rounded.

There is nothing there.

He was drafted solely as a tribute to the 47 year scouting career of Elmer Benning who died last year. They wanted to pick at least one player he scouted in his last year. I think the organization knows hes not good enough

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good to see Ruscheinski get on the scoresheet a little more consistently since returning from injury.

He had 3 pts in his first 30 games before be went down to injury for about a month and a half.

Since he came back, he had 3 pts in his final 6 games. And 1 goal in 4 playoff games.

So he has 4 pts (1G, 3A) in his last 10 games.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Good to see Ruscheinski get on the scoresheet a little more consistently since returning from injury.

He had 3 pts in his first 30 games before be went down to injury for about a month and a half.

Since he came back, he had 3 pts in his final 6 games. And 1 goal in 4 playoff games.

So he has 4 pts (1G, 3A) in his last 10 games.
We'll all be looking back at this moment as a turning point when he signs his ELC in 2024 :naughty:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So glade we drafted that triple A guy instead of Oksentyuk who was in our radar. I love how Bergevin knows he just wasted that pick even though he believes in his dart analogy. Taking Ruscheinski isn't throwing a dart at the dartboard, it's throwing a paper airplane at the dartboard.

Reactions: Dutronc

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So glade we drafted that triple A guy instead of Oksentyuk who was in our radar. I love how Bergevin knows he just wasted that pick even though he believes in his dart analogy. Taking Ruscheinski isn't throwing a dart at the dartboard, it's throwing a paper airplane at the dartboard.

Doing what we did with the Ruscheinski pick with a dart board in a local pub would get you thrown out of the pub.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MB is not responsible for the draft picks. That's on TT. I wouldn't blame the GM for our dog poop picks. MB, however, is responsible for TT still making the decisions when it comes to the draft. He should have been fired by now.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
MB is not responsible for the draft picks. That's on TT. I wouldn't blame the GM for our dog poop picks. MB, however, is responsible for TT still making the decisions when it comes to the draft. He should have been fired by now.
Bergevin believes that any pick is like a dart and it seems like they both wanted to honour a scout by picking a horrible player. Timmins just sucks at his job, it's not his fault that he is still employed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Pretty sure that at parties, you don't pay tribute to the one who organize it by pissing on a plant....

Other organization, when a longtime scout dies, dedicate their 1st rounder to him. Or dedicate the entire draft to him. In Montreal, we dedicate a 7th rounder pick that has the potential to be the worst pick ever.

If that's how Montreal organizes parties....I don't see how joyful we should be....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

It's just insane that you keep hearing Bergevin saying and whining how it's a crapshoot even late 1st round, and yet, he decides on some picks to crapshoot the crapshoot....lol

Reactions: Toene

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Also love how it's always Bergevins fault when watching that draft video TT makes all the picks & MB always asks TT who they are picking & whether they should trade down-but don't because there is a guy TT wants. Tremendous.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Open your freaking wallet and go poach scouting talent from the other orgs that succeed better. Go see the Carolina guy and blow his mind with an offer he cant refuse.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Ruscheinski is the guy you want when you need your fridge hauled to the dump, not the guy you'll ever see in the system.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
He's not committed to any NCAA college, but in an article in the Calgary Sun, they wrote that he will be in the BCHL next year and then jump to the NCAA.

View attachment 326073
I find it hilarious that the article mentions Ruscheinski and Parayko in the same breath. Parayko played NCAA immediately after getting drafted. Ruscheinski is going to be playing his D+2 in the BCHL. Laughable pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad