Prospect Info: [2019 - 206th] Kieran Ruscheinski (Not Signed - Rights Expire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And the way to honor your scout would be to make your first round pick in his honor and mention him then before selecting Caufield.

Gogolev, Hlavaj, Gutik. Three names that would have been great 7th round gambles.

Benning liked Rucheinski and didn't scout Caufield as he was western Canada.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For a team that drafted a potential #1 goalie in Primeau in the 7th round two years ago, it makes it even more puzzling. Sure the chances are slim, but the Habs also drafted the following in the 7th round and later: S. Kostitsyn, Streit, Halak, Ryder, Robidas, Vokoun, Savage. Surely there's a better way to honour someone in the organization who passed away than throwing away a draft pick.

I'm sure if they liked someone enough, like they did with Primeau, that's who the pick would have been. Clearly the draft was not deep as the Habs also drafted a kid out of a league that has never had a draft pick and a 21 year old, a 20 year old in RHP all before making this pick. That's not to say that they couldn't have missed scouted or overlooked someone but clearly they were just throwing shit at the wall to see if anything sticks.

I don't get the outrage, it's a one time thing, yea I wish they didn't trade for RHP and just used their last pick or him or someone else but it's not like they are going to do this again I'm guessing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Imagine taking Ruscheinski over Hlavaj and Gogolev.

I agree. I think Gogolev was injured last year because between Peterborough and Guelph, he played in 37 games.

But the year before, in his second season of Junior, he scored 47 pts in 66 games (30 goals).

I know they scout more than just production when it comes to the draft. But I would take Gogolev before I do Ruscheinski.

And I understand they wanted to honor Elmer Benning, who scouted Western Canada for the Habs. So he probably had some reports on Ruscheinski before his passing (my guess). But I would have taken Gogolev in a heartbeat.

As for Hillis, this kid will get signed. He and Houde right now are locks for an ELC from the CHL prospects of the 2018 draft.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ruscheinski's coach at Salmon Arm has been fired.

I noticed he didn't play in both games for Salmon Arm this weekend. I don't now if he's nursing an injury. We don't exactly get much info on these things from them.

Reactions: canadiensnation

Jul 6, 2016
Pick out of the blue... Typical Timmins' move in later rounds.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This guy or a japanese prospect that doesn't exist....same result. Anyway, he's on a 10-year progression window. No biggie....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This guy or a japanese prospect that doesn't exist....same result. Anyway, he's on a 10-year progression window. No biggie....

You just wait until the 2028-29 season when he will win the Calder Cup as rookie of the year at the age of 28.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Whitesnake

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
If they wanted to honour Benning, they should’ve waited a year and picked his grandson Mike, who actually has a chance at playing in the NHL. I’ve watched Ruscheinski live this year, and I’m not even sure he will make it to D-3 hockey. D1 is a pipe dream for him at this point.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Imagine taking Ruscheinski over Hlavaj and Gogolev.
Gogolev went undrafted dude, every team in the league is at fault......if it was so obvious he’d be good, he would’ve been picked.

And let’s face it, he’s had tons of exposure being part of that winning Storm team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad