Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 5.1 | Pre-Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
The Avs still need to approach this trade deadline as if they don't have any injuries. The team was not perfect beforehand and still required another top 6 winger. If we could add that and a bandaid to cover for Kadri, I would feel more confident.

Reactions: 5280 and tucker3434

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It would have been nice if the ****ing GM recognized and addressed this prior to Kadri's injury, but hes drinking the same koolaid you all were right after the injury apparently.

Oh, and we're all supposed to change that rating to a 5 btw. So everyone get on that.

Its been obvious losing Kadri pretty much neutered the offense because now we have three 4Cs trying to play 2, 3, 4 on the roster. It wasn't difficult to predict either.

It's all ok though, its fine, we'll be fine.

Yes...but...maybe this season pushes Joe to better prepare us when those young blueliners that we're waiting for are ready? Like we feared in the summer when Joe didn't bring anyone in to replace Barrie, this wasn't ever going to be the year where he really meant us to win the cup. If it happened, great, if not then no biggie as long as we could build on what we accomplished last year in the playoffs; while Joe waited for Bo & Timmins to get closer and Cale/Samwise to get some more experience.

Maybe this will teach him to make sure we have better contingency plans moving forward, starting with next season?

:crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We’ve weathered this storm once already and can do it again, especially with the Blues struggling.

Stay the course Joe. If we can improve the team without giving up any of our top 3-5 assets, do it. If not, keep our most valuable future assets and make a big splash this summer.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes...but...maybe this season pushes Joe to better prepare us when those young blueliners that we're waiting for are ready? Like we feared in the summer when Joe didn't bring anyone in to replace Barrie, this wasn't ever going to be the year where he really meant us to win the cup. If it happened, great, if not then no biggie as long as we could build on what we accomplished last year in the playoffs; while Joe waited for Bo & Timmins to get closer and Cale/Samwise to get some more experience.

Maybe this will teach him to make sure we have better contingency plans moving forward, starting with next season?

:crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

Dude, last season we were talking about missed opportunities.

This team can survive a lot of the injuries. We've lost both Mikko and Landy. Frank is pretty solid.

This is the first time we've had the depth down the middle really tested.

Our wingers are good, but none of them drive the bus by themselves besides Mikko, and only at his absolute best.

Everything surrounding Jost pisses me off, and really it's not even Jost's fault.

It drives me nuts that it's been so predictable both times.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO... this team has plenty of futures to survive a push. Any additions made now will help solidify the playoff spot and potentially insulate while the injured players round back into form hopefully before or during the first round. Then in the second round, hopefully the team can catch fire. Don't send out Byram and Newhook. Leave one of Timmins/2020 1st to fill the RD void. If I was Sakic... I'm calling MB and figuring out a way to swing a Danault deal. 2020 1st + any prospect not mentioned + Compher/Jost/Kam/hell even Z (though I'd take away the prospect).

The Avs also need to bring in a backup... I'd circle around a Dell and Dillon deal with San Jose.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sakic has been a perfect GM besides the hesitance to play Bowers and Kaut, but at least one of them is getting a shot now.
Hesitance well placed if you ask me. They both needed to work on their offense before being called up. They responded and now one of them is being rewarded for it. Kaut wasn't called up last season because of the expansion draft.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dude, last season we were talking about missed opportunities.

This team can survive a lot of the injuries. We've lost both Mikko and Landy. Frank is pretty solid.

This is the first time we've had the depth down the middle really tested.

Our wingers are good, but none of them drive the bus by themselves besides Mikko, and only at his absolute best.

Everything surrounding Jost pisses me off, and really it's not even Jost's fault.

It drives me nuts that it's been so predictable both times.

Oh I know, but seeing this coming, I can't be too mad now :dunno:

I've been preparing myself for some of Joe's gambles to backfire since the season started and never really expected them all to pay off; like they needed to for us to actually win a cup this year. So I'm looking for silver linings and hope moving forward from this position we put ourselves in where winning a series or two is going to be our ceiling.

Yes, this is the second swing that Joe has sat on, but the juiciest pitches are the couple coming up. So if Joe (finally) learns his lesson from sitting on these first few (iffier) pitches and can knock the next couple out of the park; we're still sitting pretty.

If this happens again next year then I'll give up on Joe being the one to take this project across the finish line and just start hoping that we can win once with this core, when the talent overcomes management...like the german NT forces me to do.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
IMO... this team has plenty of futures to survive a push. Any additions made now will help solidify the playoff spot and potentially insulate while the injured players round back into form hopefully before or during the first round. Then in the second round, hopefully the team can catch fire. Don't send out Byram and Newhook. Leave one of Timmins/2020 1st to fill the RD void. If I was Sakic... I'm calling MB and figuring out a way to swing a Danault deal. 2020 1st + any prospect not mentioned + Compher/Jost/Kam/hell even Z (though I'd take away the prospect).

The Avs also need to bring in a backup... I'd circle around a Dell and Dillon deal with San Jose.

That’s a lot to give up for Danault, but I guess that’s the market price right now.

Is Compher so bad now that he becomes a throw-in, in a deal like this?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That’s a lot to give up for Danault, but I guess that’s the market price right now.

Is Compher so bad now that he becomes a throw-in, in a deal like this?

Danault is just that good. He's a solid #2C... he's better than JGP and has another year on his contract giving the Avs two runs with him. I'd pay through the nose for that.Plus if he fits well, he's young enough he could be signed long-term to fill that spot and not make the Avs reliant on re-signing Kadri or having a prospect translate perfectly. To me, he's the ideal acquisition right now.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I'd love Danault on this squad, think he'd really solidify the C depth. With the right linemates he'd make a perfect shutdown center.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Danault is just that good. He's a solid #2C... he's better than JGP and has another year on his contract giving the Avs two runs with him. I'd pay through the nose for that.Plus if he fits well, he's young enough he could be signed long-term to fill that spot and not make the Avs reliant on re-signing Kadri or having a prospect translate perfectly. To me, he's the ideal acquisition right now.

I agree. He would fill a huge void while Kadri is out and would provide ideal Centre depth, once Kadri is back. I’d prefer him over JGP as well, because of the extra year on his contract. I just don’t like parting ways with a roster player considering the injuries, but depending on who the prospect was, I might do that deal.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh I know, but seeing this coming, I can't be too mad now :dunno:

I've been preparing myself for some of Joe's gambles to backfire since the season started and never really expected them all to pay off; like they needed to for us to actually win a cup this year. So I'm looking for silver linings and hope moving forward from this position we put ourselves in where winning a series or two is going to be our ceiling.

Yes, this is the second swing that Joe has sat on, but the juiciest pitches are the couple coming up. So if Joe (finally) learns his lesson from sitting on these first few (iffier) pitches and can knock the next couple out of the park; we're still sitting pretty.

If this happens again next year then I'll give up on Joe being the one to take this project across the finish line and just start hoping that we can win once with this core, when the talent overcomes management...like the german NT forces me to do.

I'm not really that down on him as a GM, but the 5/5 crap is absurd IMO.

I'm actually a little surprised he isn't more aggressive considering who he learned from. I don't want him going full PL, but..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Please god..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad