Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 10 | Hockey in august , meh not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Petro is a pipe dream but we need Taylor Hall in a bad way. Our offensive depth is really getting exposed.

If we need a calming vet presence on the right side we could go after Petry but he'd steal Timmin's spot.
We could use either, but our defensemen are younger than our forwards and they need the veteran guidance more. Especially in the playoffs.

Also, I’m fine with giving up Timmins in the right deal, but it has to be the right deal. Not sure if Petry is it, but I’m not a GM nor am I a pro scout.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’m so fine with that. Timmins has potential, but this team has also waited on potential quite a few times (Jost, Compher, Burgas, Elliott) and now we are wasting MacKinnon’s prime years
Yeah I'm fine with that, too. Mack doesn't have many more years of this kind of dominance left.

Time to stack up the team as much as we can.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We could use either, but our defensemen are younger than our forwards and they need the veteran guidance more. Especially in the playoffs.

Also, I’m fine with giving up Timmins in the right deal, but it has to be the right deal. Not sure if Petry is it, but I’m not a GM nor am I a pro scout.
Petry is really good but only has one year left under contract and will be too old/expensive to re-up. If we get him we play him one year then let him walk (just in time for the expansion draft anyway).

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Petry is really good but only has one year left under contract and will be too old/expensive to re-up. If we get him we play him one year then let him walk (just in time for the expansion draft anyway).
Not sure I would give up Timmins for one year of Petry, to be honest. I Just don’t think he puts the Avs over the top and Timmins would be better used going after someone better on a one year deal, or going after someone who does put us over the top.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Small sample:

Translation of Tremblay's comment: It's not in a park but on the ice that you should be good when your team needs you lol.

And then...

I don't know. I'm no fan of Walsh, but if he's right and Tremblay is talking that much shit on twitter, while kissing Drouin's butt in person, that's pretty gutless.

Just like it was gutless for Tremblay to leave Patrick Roy in net for 9 goals just to embarrass him.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
God, Tremblay is more insufferable than all the other Hockey Men put together. The man whose most notable achievement as a coach is going out of his way to alienate and anger the greatest goalie of all time so that his GM is forced to trade him for peanuts still can't shut his f***ing mouth. I don't get where guys like this and Milbury get the egos they have.

I think Walsh is a clown, but good to see him dunk on a fool like this.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
God, Tremblay is more insufferable than all the other Hockey Men put together. The man whose most notable achievement as a coach is going out of his way to alienate and anger the greatest goalie of all time so that his GM is forced to trade him for peanuts still can't shut his f***ing mouth. I don't get where guys like this and Milbury get the egos they have.

I think Walsh is a clown, but good to see him dunk on a fool like this.

Yeah what's the point? He's a Habs legend. Why does he feel the need to rip on any of the current Habs players, whether it's warranted or not?

Put Drouin on the dynasty Tremblay played for and I guarantee you he outscores him.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah what's the point? He's a Habs legend. Why does he feel the need to rip on any of the current Habs players, whether it's warranted or not?

Put Drouin on the dynasty Tremblay played for and I guarantee you he outscores him.

He's a journalist doing his job. He's not some random retired player tweeting his opinion on a player from home.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's a journalist doing his job. He's not some random retired player tweeting his opinion on a player from home.

Debatable whether that's part of his job.

You're right though, he's not just some random player. He won five Cups with the Habs. That's why I think he should have a little more class and respect for his fellow Canadiens.

It's like if Peter Forsberg started publicly ripping Tyson Jost. Just a weird look.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Debatable whether that's part of his job.

You're right though, he's not just some random player. He won five Cups with the Habs. That's why I think he should have a little more class and respect for his fellow Canadiens.

It's like if Peter Forsberg started publicly ripping Tyson Jost. Just a weird look.

He's literally paid to give his opinion on (mostly) Habs players. What he said on Twitter he'd have said it on TV or on a radio show.

Drouin was last year's stuff though. He's after Domi these days because he was bad all year and didn't show up in the playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's literally paid to give his opinion on (mostly) Habs players. What he said on Twitter he'd have said it on TV or on a radio show.

Drouin was last year's stuff though. He's after Domi these days because he was bad all year and didn't show up in the playoffs.

Yeah again that's debatable IMO whether he has to say what he said to "give his opinion" or to critique Drouin's performance. Maybe we just have different tastes in analysts/journalists.

I'm just sick of the sports media culture of going overboard ripping on players, to generate outrage clicks, and attention. The Stephen A Smith style of shaming everyone and saying they suck. I don't particularly like it when fans do it either, but that's at least understandable, as they're just emotional fans.

And again, I think it's different for a Montreal legend to heavily criticize a Habs player, than it is for the average analyst. They're part of the family.

MQQxDKsaakPkke5UHzB3Vv1fg8E3SAxk36NKgNRyHsBCpnS3dOmcdrmGQLBurGOCZMJCQiZ-av-XjtMQzYKzhf67XZW3cZQrgUKnfKtgs20RHhEkb5o6a5pV4ik

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pagnotta posted this then deleted it.

SuwH9Ow.jpg

That'd be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events