Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 10 | Hockey in august , meh not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The Avs badly need Byram but if they get Lindholm in return to fill that spot it makes a ton of sense. In my eyes goaltending is the biggest hurtle from winning a cup, so I would take off my Byram-bias glasses and trade a Byram package for Lindholm and Gibson pretty easily (though I'd much rather send them Newhook if it was all the same to them). But Gibson is a pipe dream, Anaheim probably should trade him to help their rebuild but they wont.

Byram/Newhook + Grubauer/Frankie + 2020 1st for Gibson and Lindholm. If the Avs managed to talk them into Newhook they'd be so deep on defense.

Lindholm - Makar
Byram - Girard
Graves - Timmins

How you're going to pay all those fools when the ELCs are over, idk. But that's a problem for after MacKinnon's current contract.

you put Byram in the lineup, but in this case he would be traded.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
You are counting one season too many for Chara.

I’m not comparing the two. I’m just stating facts.

Chara (through the end of 2001-2002)
Born 1977/03/18
Gm 25 59 65 82 75= 306
G 0 2 2 2 10 = 16
A 1 6 9 7 13 = 36
Pts 1 8 11 9 23 =52
+/- 1 -8 -27 -27 30 = -31

Zadorov (career)
Born 1995/04/16
Gm=356
G=22
A=53
Pts=75
+/-= -10

You're using stats in a way to try and make Zadorov look like he might be in the same level, he's absolutely nowhere near.

My bad on one extra year for Chara. Chara only averaged 26 minutes a night in 10 playoff games for the Senators when he was the same age as Zadorov is right now (and still had end of season all star votes by the way. Just one year away from Norris votes, and 2 years away from an actual Norris). The next 18 playoff games at over 25 minutes wouldn't come until next year.

In both of their 24 year old seasons. Chara averaged 11 (ELEVEN) more minutes of ice time on average in the playoffs that year [26 minutes for Chara, 15 for Zads] (10 games for Chara / 15 for Zadorov this year). Despite playing 5 less games, Chara played more minutes in the playoffs.

Trying to compare their stats is completely pointless because one was well on his way to being a premier shutdown guy (whose offense would come down the line), the other is prone to making boneheaded decisions that result in him being benched.

The fascination that most of this board has with Zadorov perplexes me because it makes no sense why some many people complain about needing to improve the roster, but absolutely refuse to acknowledge one of the easiest ways to do so is improving the D by upgrading Zadorov to a more competent D that is less prone to making so many blunders. He seems like a great dude and he's had some moments where you wonder if there might be consistency, after 350+ games there isn't. It isn't going to happen, even if it did it won't change much because his hockey IQ doesn't allow for the highs to be high enough to bother.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
What other deals for OReilly were on the table? Without knowing the opportunity cost, it’s hard to label it as a bad trade.

And to a certain degree, it’s how you look at it. We’ve had 2 roster players for a longer period of time than OReilly was with Buffalo. Did the trade really benefit Buffalo greatly?

We can tell ourselves that we should have paid ROR. However, that wasn’t going to happen and were also often praising Sakic’s restraint with avoiding bad contracts. That same discipline is what resulted in him trading Barrie and OReilly.

In my opinion the Avs had to trade O'Reilly, and the value they got back at the time wasn't bad, but the biggest piece (Zadorov) didn't pan out as well as we would have hoped.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah, the injury history has to be disclosed and any team can give a player a physical after to make sure there wasn't any bad faith negotiating. So most teams end up disclosing any injuries prior, there have been a few rare instances where trades have been canceled because of that.

He could have also had a clean up surgery too. IIRC that was his elbow he screwed up prior.
Yeah I edited my post because this is likely. I kinda jumped the gun there lol.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We’d have to add the Buyrum to get both.
I know. Would probably have to include Gru and 24th OA, and probably another roster player to make it work salary wise.

Byrum + Gru + 24th OA + JTC/Dong/Zads for Hampus + Gibson + 2021 3rd/4th

Problem there is you're basically out of cap space after you sign your RFAs because you have Landy and Makar to resign after next year. And you still haven't addressed your 3C issue.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even if Byram were to bust the trade is still a W to me. Girard is a lot better than Duchene and is only 22. Not to mention, Annunen and Bowers could still become something.

Oh I absolutely agree. I think its pretty well documented here at this point the kind of regard I hold Girard in.

I'd do G for Dutchy straight up again if I knew this was the Girard we were going to get.

But, if Byram busts, instead of being an absolute highway robbery of a trade for us, it kind of just turns into a good one. Though Annunen could still change that(I dont see Bowers or Zhura ever being good enough to swing things drastically one way or another). Annunen has #1G upside IMO with his combination of size, and smarts in the net(Now if we could really get that athleticism side to come around some more) so if he pans out like I hope then ya that's another huge get in the deal and also huge props to the scouts who wanted him.

If Byram turns out like we hope, we get 2 Top pairing Dmen in a trade for a low end 1C. Highway robbery plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad