Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Impending UFA on the Senators. Makes more sense than him staying.
I thought I read where he loved it there. I'd possibly take him over kadri and I love kadri. My kid make me watch the Sens a lot because of Duchene and I like how pageau plays. Looks to be having a career year which could mean a big payday.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I thought I read where he loved it there. I'd possibly take him over kadri and I love kadri. My kid make me watch the Sens a lot because of Duchene and I like how pageau plays. Looks to be having a career year which could mean a big payday.
Love it or not, there’s a heavy dose of reality for both the Paggy and the Senators to contend with.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Rangers are more or less my #2 team, and I'm not a fan of his either. He's a meaner Burakovsky without the slick shooting and a penchant for dumb penalties.

Also, his neck freaks me the hell out.
chris-kreider-2018-48.jpg

yaraelpoof.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I could see the Avs shipping out their 1st and somebody like Bowers or Kaut for Kreider and all of us hating it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I could see the Avs shipping out their 1st and somebody like Bowers or Kaut for Kreider and all of us hating it.

Reportedly refuse to give up a mid 1st round pick for him for an entire season only to ship out a 1st and one of their better prospects for half a season? Things change and maybe they're more keen on going all in now but that would be surprising.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think Kaut was probably expendable before but now that Nichuskin is playing so well in a similarly role as a big skilled RW, I would guess they'll try and add him to any package deal they make. Might not have much value now though.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think Kaut was probably expendable before but now that Nichuskin is playing so well in a similarly role as a big skilled RW, I would guess they'll try and add him to any package deal they make. Might not have much value now though.
We shouldn't expect Nuke to keep scoring goals. Even when he scores you can see that he has no hands and could start another 100 games drought tomorrow. He's a good PKer and energy guy, that we can count on it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You're probably on to something. I hear Jack Hughes is on pace to have the most underwhelming 1st OA rookie season since Patrik Stefan in 1999.
I really hope you're not implying that Hughes will bust from his 1st overall status...because that would be the wrong opinion...

J.G. Pageau just scored more goals in November than Tyson Jost has ever scored his entire NHL career lol why on earth would Ottawa make that trade?
Because he's available, you think Eugene Melnyk is going to pay a lad who's on a career year as a UFA? That has always been a recipe for disaster. hough I am going to sound like a hypocrite and say I would still gladly take him here lol.

Someone mentioned that Hall has a history of locker room issues. I have no idea what they are. Hall seems to be like a nice guy.
Hall isn't a cancer or bad teammate, but I've heard that he's just a bit full of himself and honestly which hockey player isn't? 1st overalls and undrafted blokes, their confidence which could lead to overconfidence is how they made it.

What would rental Kreider cost?

1st + B/C prospect?
Whatever you do, don't post a thread about him to the Avs on the trade forum, from my experience Rag fans are BY FAR the worst fans on this site. I see a handful of random Devil fans putting Byram as the main piece, but majority of them know they're not getting Bo. You'd have at least 80% of the Rangers fans saying no deal could happen without Byram lol.

Lol, I remember when this went viral...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We shouldn't expect Nuke to keep scoring goals. Even when he scores you can see that he has no hands and could start another 100 games drought tomorrow. He's a good PKer and energy guy, that we can count on it.

I don't know whether Nuke will keep scoring, but I haven't been getting the impression that it's a fluke, or that he has no hands.

He's fired a lot of lasers on net this year that have either went in or been robbed, and he showed pretty good hands to push the rebound around the goalies pad and in for his last goal, instead of just firing it on net. He's made some nice passes this year as well.

I think lack of confidence has been the biggest reason for his goal drought not his hands.

Reactions: Forceberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuke has hands, he's proven precisely that in some of the goals he scored, including the one last night. Instead of just firing it the moment the rebound from Rittich landed on his stick, he moved it past the goalie and put it in the net.

Just because a guy isn't Jaromir Jagr doesn't mean he "has no hands."

No-hands would be a guy like Dean McAmmond. Boy there was a waste of time in an Avs uniform--cannot believe he was once a 1st line forward. I remember when he got a penalty shot while in Colorado and tried "stickhandling" toward the goal. Dude looked like a 1st year player the way he was chopping wood. I seriously cannot think of a player with worse puck skill in an Avs uniform, not even Duncan Siemens.

As for the goal scoring, not worried, he's on a bit of a hot streak but that was before the coldest streak this side of Tobias Rieder. Even when he wasn't scoring he was doing everything else right, I imagine that'll continue. My bigger concerns surround guys like Compher needing to step the hell up, and Landy/Rants needing to get back up to speed.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There's a lack of relativity in a lot of the evaluations here IMO. Like how Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy because he doesn't have a high hockey IQ and is inconsistent. That would be fair criticism if he was a top pairing D man but he's more of a #4 type, and that describes a lot of guys in that role.

Same with critiques on Nichuskin's hands. Sure maybe he doesn't have good hands compared to MacKinnon or Rantanen, but compared to guys in a similar role like Calvert and Nieto, he does have good hands.

Reactions: flyfysher

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
There's a lack of relativity in a lot of the evaluations here IMO. Like how Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy because he doesn't have a high hockey IQ and is inconsistent. That would be fair criticism if he was a top pairing D man but he's more of a #4 type, and that describes a lot of guys in that role.

Same with critiques on Nichuskin's hands. Sure maybe he doesn't have good hands compared to MacKinnon or Rantanen, but compared to guys in a similar role like Calvert and Nieto, he does have good hands.

I still don’t think his hands are great and I’m not as high on Nuke as some, but I’m damn happy we have him in the fold.

His size/strength/speed combination is pretty unique. You want guys in your bottom six who have crazy motors.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Okay, so the thing I don’t get about all of this Hall stuff is that apparently Shero is a trading wizard, he always comes out on top in trades, yet he still has one of the worst teams in the entire NHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Okay, so the thing I don’t get about all of this Hall stuff is that apparently Shero is a trading wizard, he always comes out on top in trades, yet he still has one of the worst teams in the entire NHL.

Does he really have that rep? I'm actually reviewing his trades and they vary in value but none are outright steals.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013

Because when you're obsessed with "winning" trades over everything, sometimes you don't bring in the best fit. And he's absolutely dog shit at drafting, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad