Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If you knew TR personally you wouldn’t be saying that lol. Imagine hearing every single one of his stories 3 times, every single time you’re in his presence.

I will say this though, they’re all true.

I think once is enough :laugh:

I was completely entertained during his interview, and I find that difficult with most interviews of athletes.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
We're thinking about what areas need to be shored up for a SC run and Hall isn't the need.

Thats because you assume that Players like Burakovsky or Donskoi would continue their current streaks and keep their near PPG pace. Even though they have never done so in the past. Granted, this might be their breakthrough year and this is not just some temporary surge in form... but then again, maybe it is.

15 games losing streak like last year (started in December btw) and you’ ll talk differently.

Reactions: cgf

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah you’re probably right. But a Devils fan bashing Byram and saying he would fall in a re-draft is laughable. Imagine if I suggested that on here about Hughes. Difference is that I’m smart enough to know the difference.

He’s using 2 months to bash on a prospect yet is using a career body of work to say how Taylor Hall is the best rental in 20+ years. I don’t do well with hypocrisy.

Every fan base always wants to shift the narrative their way. If they got Byram in the trade, they'd be stating how they got the #4 pick and the best defensive prospect in hockey.

That said, I don't think it is out of bounds to start evaluating the 2019 draft. You need more info than a few months to really reshuffle. I don't think Byram would go lower, but he hasn't done anything to raise his stock since the summer. On defense Harley, Thomson, Heinola, and Jones have certainly improved their stock. I think there is a real case that Zac Jones would go in the first instead of the third... he'd certainly go in the 2nd if teams had a do over. Harley would probably go top 10. Seider wouldn't go any higher, but he's making Yzerman look real smart selecting him at #6.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The 31 Thoughts podcast acknowledged there was some feedback asking them to cut down on the interviews (guess some people didn't dig them talking to Tara Sloane, whatever, it was interesting enough) so they came back with just straight hockey talk for the next one. I'll admit I turned the latest one off regarding Chris Johnston and his interview with Patrik Berglund. There's just way too much going on in the hockey world for that to pique my interest, I think usually I'd be all ears, but not now.

Weird that people think Landy has been terrible. He's certainly shaking some rust off but he's also making some incredible plays with the puck. It's going to take a while for him and Rants to get back up to speed.

Some on here have their expectations outta whack with Landeskog and Rantanen. Keep in mind Rants had his 4-point comeback game against a team that is on pace to set records for defensive ineptitude. The Blackhawks couldn't really have done more to allow the Avs to do what they wanted in the middle of the ice in both games of the home-and-home. Stands to reason both would struggle a bit with teams not named the Blackhawks as they get back in game shape and regain their timing.

Reactions: sethro109

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Thats because you assume that Players like Burakovsky or Donskoi would continue their current streaks and keep their near PPG pace. Even though they have never done so in the past. Granted, this might be their breakthrough year and this is not just some temporary surge in form... but then again, maybe it is.

15 games losing streak like last year (started in December btw) and you’ ll talk differently.

I don't see this team being the same team as last year with all of the personnel changes. So you shouldn't assume this team will suffer last year's fate.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
What are the chances Hall is wearing an Avs jersey when we play the devils on Friday?
Similar to what happened with the Duchene trade. Pretty neat when that happens.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What are the chances Hall is wearing an Avs jersey when we play the devils on Friday?
Similar to what happened with the Duchene trade. Pretty neat when that happens.
IMO the only way this happens is if Shero has caved to Sakic's offer (no top-3 prospects included).

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Interesting that Chris Johnston mentioned Sakic has already spoken to the Rangers on the cost of Kreider.

I'd imagine that's the plan B if the asking price for Hall is too high, but Kreider(28) is another player who would likely be a rental. UFA at season's end, and that's going to be a Backes/Ladd-like ugly contract.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Somewhat surprised that JvR has ended up being such an absolute bust of a signing. I figured it'd be an overpay, but Vigneault didn't even bother boosting him up the lineup after Konecny went down.

If there's one thing that's absolutely frustrating the living hell outta me as an Avs fan it's the lack of ability to get to rebounds. There were tons of them in front of "Big Save Dave" last night and only once (thanks Nuke, you da man) got converted for a goal. That may end up being a concern when the team's shooting percentage starts regressing to the mean. I wouldn't be opposed to them looking for a depth forward of some kind to just plunk in front of the net. Lord knows they have some great shooters to pair with guys like that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Interesting that Chris Johnston mentioned Sakic has already spoken to the Rangers on the cost of Kreider.

I'd imagine that's the plan B if the asking price for Hall is too high, but Kreider(28) is another player who would likely be a rental. UFA at season's end, and that's going to be a Backes/Ladd-like ugly contract.

Friedman said the same about Kreider and the Avs. It makes sense if they miss out on Hall and they clearly like him going back to this past offseason when they were reportedly trying to acquire him. At that time Friedman (I think) said the Avs refused to give up the 16th pick so it didn't happen. It needs to be a pure rental though, even more so than Hall.

This also shows that Sakic has options. Hall is obviously the much better player but he'll only go so far to acquire him. If Shero is unreasonable, he'll turn his attention elsewhere to improve the team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I’m not sure what the issue is with my posts.

I didn’t go to “pump my players”.

I have absolutely no issue with devils fans coming here to have cordial discussions with us. That’s exactly what I did. Nothing I wrote was inflammatory or looking to pick a fight.

You weren't being an ass but they still showed you the door telling you it's their safe space and it's not the main board. It's similar to other fanbases coming into our GDT to tell us that we "played a good game" after we lost. Intentions are good but no one wants to read that.

They have more than enough on the hands with the "reasonable" half of their fanbase internally fighting the "Byram and 2 firsts" half... :laugh:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Pretty sure we can read the tea leaves here, Sakic wants to load up with a rental for a run this year.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
6'3"?

Yeah 1st easily.

upload_2019-12-10_15-16-22.gif

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ehhhhh I'm not really high on Kreider. Insanely frustrating hockey player. Great physical traits but not my cup of tea. I damn sure would never want to sign him to any long term-ish contract

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Is there any truth to pageau on the block? This guy would be hard to not go after if it's the case. I've only read that on our board

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nothing out there yet but he is a UFA this summer and the Sens are in full tear it down mode so definitely a good chance he ends up available if an extension isnt agreed upon.

As for the Hall stuff... amazing how clueless Devils fans are, including some mods on that board. They legitimately think they can get Byram+ for Hall despite countless insiders laughing at that very thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad