Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
From the Bura talk last thread:

At some point, with Burakovsky being on pace for 37 goals and 70 points, we're going to have to talk about how much Sakic should pay to re-sign him. He could be looking for $6M+.

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Does anyone here watch Devils games? I think part of my concern in acquiring Hall is thinking he’s lost a step in terms of his speed.

Anyone know if that’s the case?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

At some point, with Burakovsky being on pace for 37 goals and 70 points, we're going to have to talk about how much Sakic should pay to re-sign him. He could be looking for $6M+.
We’ll see how he does away from Mackinnon and no top PP time first.

Reactions: ibengals

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

If he hits THOSE totals, it's a good problem to have.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Does anyone here watch Devils games? I think part of my concern in acquiring Hall is thinking he’s lost a step in terms of his speed.

Anyone know if that’s the case?

I’ve watched a few. He stands out but that NJ team is so bad we could put hockey pads on my golden retriever and he’d look like f***ing air bud out there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If he hits THOSE totals, it's a good problem to have.

The tougher question I guess is, how much do they pay him if he gets something like 25-30 goals and 60-65 points?

He might be commanding enough money to where they can't really afford both him and Hall. Making a lesser trade even more likely.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Karlsson got 5.25mil for a year after doing that. I can't see Bura looking a gift horse in the mouth and asking for the moon. He signed his own QO last year, he knows what it means to have to prove yourself.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Would be awesome if Bura had just one other aspect of his game to fall back to if he's not producing (like good defensively or playing a heavy game). That'd minimize the risk so much.

Reactions: obZen

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Why else would they have sent one of their scouts to observe both the Avalanche and their AHL affiliate, the Colorado Eagles, over the last few weeks? Especially when the Devils are not among the well-known organizations that commonly frequent Pepsi Center such as the Dallas Stars, St. Louis Blues or Vancouver Canucks?

I don't think we need to get too excited or worried, depending on what side you're on, unless some of the higher ups start attending games but still interesting nonetheless. I wonder just how many games they've watched live and if any of the injured prospects actually played in them.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Why else would they have sent one of their scouts to observe both the Avalanche and their AHL affiliate, the Colorado Eagles, over the last few weeks? Especially when the Devils are not among the well-known organizations that commonly frequent Pepsi Center such as the Dallas Stars, St. Louis Blues or Vancouver Canucks?​
Only reason to go see the Eagles is Timmins right? Everyone else is injured or with the team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Karlsson got 5.25mil for a year after doing that. I can't see Bura looking a gift horse in the mouth and asking for the moon. He signed his own QO last year, he knows what it means to have to prove yourself.

Right but the $5.25M one year deal was to set up a $7-8M deal if he could duplicate his 78 point season.

He only put up 56 points but ended up getting a $5.9M x 8 deal with a 10 team no trade clause.

Bura signed his prove it deal with the Avs last summer. That's why he may be looking for a big raise if he puts up big numbers.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only reason to go see the Eagles is Timmins right? Everyone else is injured or with the team.

Clearly Rosen. They watched him play well with the Eagles and then wanted to see what he could do with the Avs. Jost, Rosen, and a 1st. Boom.

(Probably Timmins)

Reactions: dahrougem2

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Asked some Devils fans on their board what they were hoping for in return for Hall,

The first to respond is looking for

Zadorov, Newhook, and a 2nd.

I know we don’t have a 2nd, just interesting to hear perspective from the other side.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Asked some Devils fans on their board what they were hoping for in return for Hall,

The first to respond is looking for

Zadorov, Newhook, and a 2nd.

I know we don’t have a 2nd, just interesting to hear perspective from the other side.

I still think this deal I proposed to them a while back is the most likely one to get it done. Though every day I'm more inclined to go after a cheaper forward like Zucker.

Avs absolutely need a defenseman coming back somehow this year if they move Zadorov. After this year it shouldn't be as big an issue with Byram and Timmins in the fold.

Zadorov + Newhook + Avs 1st

for

Hall + Greene

Then again, if Hall doesn't start scoring some goals, his value won't be nearly as high as I thought.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is from Clark's article. I must say that 1st line is God damn ridiculous :laugh:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-02-at-4.39.46-PM.png

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hall to Avalanche speculation only helps the Devils. Keep sending a scouts out to the games to fuel the panic that another team will get him.

And nothing much is going to happen until the deadline. You need more teams with cap flexibility to start a bidding war. It's going to be excruciating.

giphy.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd like to add Hall as much as the next guy, but this team can't afford to lose Z right now. He's proven that he possesses some elite shutdown ability. With EJ out w2w and Cole declining defensively I view him as pretty invaluable atm.

There's a lot to this IMO. If Cole or Graves can get their game back on track, then maybe they can afford to lose Z with a defenseman coming back, but if they keep playing like they have, I'm not sure they can. Especially with EJ's potential knee injury after the Kerfoot hit.

They might be in a position at the deadline where they need to add a defenseman to Zadorov on the blue line not lose him. So far the defense has been the weak point on the team, not scoring.

Reactions: Sudden Nordique

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
This is from Clark's article. I must say that 1st line is God damn ridiculous :laugh:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-02-at-4.39.46-PM.png

Indeed ridiculous and also kind of shows that he is a luxury piece when a guy like Nuke isn’t even playing anymore.

I might change my tune if we start struggling, but for now, I say just add a D-man at the deadline and move along.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just becoming to attached to this roster that just keeps fighting regardless of endless injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad