Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion | give me Hall your players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I also like Compher and don't get the hate. He was absolutely clutch when it mattered last season and I don't doubt he'll be the same these playoffs

I could also get on board with either of those options

Ristolainen could be a good buy-low option but two more years at $5.4 aren't amazing
What do you think Buffalo's ask for Ristolainen would be?

He'd be a great get and really solidify the D. 2 years left is fine given that we have capspace until then and that would allow Timmins and/or Byram some more time to marinate.

Girard ----- Makar
Zadorov --- Ristolainen
Cole -------- Johnson
Graves

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
This is exactly why some of us complained about his acquisition. We were perfectly happy to pay a higher price for a sure solution & wished that Joe had used his ammo on that bigger move...though it didn't need to be someone as good as Hall; he's multiple steps up from Bura.

Edit:
1 step up would be a reliable-Bura caliber guy, 2 steps would be a competent 1st liner, 3 a higher-end 1st liner, 4 would be a star & 5 tiers up we reach the Hall's of the world.

Just a 1 or 2 steps up from Bura would've left me content.

Pierce Hawthorne wrote,

"I get the Burakovsky hate because he is terrible defensively."

Good to know Hall is the best we could have gotten DEFENSIVELY.:sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pierce Hawthorne wrote,

"I get the Burakovsky hate because he is terrible defensively."

Good to know Hall is the best we could have gotten DEFENSIVELY.:sarcasm:

My b, didn't mean Hall was 5 tiers up defensively but 5 tiers up as a solution to our hole on the wing.

Elite offensive drivers like Hall or MacK don't need to contribute as much against the puck because of how consistently they drive the play offensively...even in games where they get "kept quiet"...which is why the issues with Bura could be resolved in 2 different ways; by removing his inconsistencies or by becoming a factor against the puck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not that I'd be against moving for Risto if the price made sense...but a Zads-Risto pairing would make fewer silly decisions if we dosed them before each game :laugh:

Reactions: hooverdam

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really wish we could find a more creative 2nd line winger. That line is missing a playmaker.

Yeah it may be solved by Mikko when he actually gets healthy, but I don't think hes ever going to spend that much time away from Mack.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really wish we could find a more creative 2nd line winger. That line is missing a playmaker.

Yeah it may be solved by Mikko when he actually gets healthy, but I don't think hes ever going to spend that much time away from Mack.

Hopefully the plan isn't just to wait for Newhook to become that guy...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hopefully the plan isn't just to wait for Newhook to become that guy...

That's been in the back of my mind.. I just hope Sakic decides to move Bura instead of paying him like he did with Kerfoot.

Which should force some sort of move.

Watch that be trading for and extending Kreider. FML

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's been in the back of my mind.. I just hope Sakic decides to move Bura instead of paying him like he did with Kerfoot.

Which should force some sort of move.

Watch that be trading for and extending Kreider. FML
giphy.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Kreider ends up here... Avs always get their guy. :laugh:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
My b, didn't mean Hall was 5 tiers up defensively but 5 tiers up as a solution to our hole on the wing.

Elite offensive drivers like Hall or MacK don't need to contribute as much against the puck because of how consistently they drive the play offensively...even in games where they get "kept quiet"...which is why the issues with Bura could be resolved in 2 different ways; by removing his inconsistencies or by becoming a factor against the puck.

Burakovsky turns the puck over that's for sure. But he also drives the puck. If Rantanen had not given the Avs such a favorable deal then the benefit of his signing would show more value. We're getting away with top 6 production without really having to pay for it.

My point is it's all relative if you look at $ and production and expectation. henchman is happy with Compher. I believe Compher can be a better, more consistently productive player. If you want the Avs to take a step forward and be a contender then I'd think his would be one of the positions you'd look at improving. But henchman has a point about Jost and I'm patient enough to see if switching out Jost would light a firecracker under Compher.

I think now is the time to gear up for a SC run. I'd rather not sacrifice picks and prospects but I think they need to make themselves competitive enough to take on the Blues. To me, that means 4 lines and a top 4 D. So someone like JGP and Murray. Some sacrifices will have to be made.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I think it was Chris Johnston during all the Hall stuff that said Sakic had already had talks with the Rangers about acquiring Kreider if Hall didn't end up in Colorado.

You could do a lot worse than Kreider but with Hall off the market his price has to be shooting up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh no, how terrible Kreider would be.

Just shy of 30 goals last season, 6’3” with jam and actually has the speed to play with our best guys.

The last thing we want is a big boy with playoff experience that can skate and is only 28.

He's a legit 2nd liner, but he's not going to age well. He's a dumb dumb where his game is predicated on him being big and fast. When the speed goes away, he's going to regress hard. That is probably ~3 years away... so my outlook is pretty dependent on what an extension looks like

Reactions: cgf and Avs44
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think it was Chris Johnston during all the Hall stuff that said Sakic had already had talks with the Rangers about acquiring Kreider if Hall didn't end up in Colorado.

You could do a lot worse than Kreider but with Hall off the market his price has to be shooting up.

I'm worried about the price to acquire him, and more importantly his extension. It sounded like the Avs stopped really pursuing Hall once they found out he was unlikely to re-sign, I'd assume their pursuit of Kreider is because they'd want to re-sign him.

At the same time, Kreider has not had a teammate like MacKinnon before, and with Makar's breakout abilities he may very well succeed with the Avs.

Reactions: obZen

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm worried about the price to acquire him, and more importantly his extension. It sounded like the Avs stopped really pursuing Hall once they found out he was unlikely to re-sign, I'd assume their pursuit of Kreider is because they'd want to re-sign him.

At the same time, Kreider has not had a teammate like MacKinnon before, and with Makar's breakout abilities he may very well succeed with the Avs.

Plus he can injure all the goalies on the way to the Cup!

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Kreider is pretty dumb so I wouldn't want him as anything other than a rental. He's probably going to be overpaid, with whispers of him wanting $6-7M/year on an extension.

Wouldn't give a 1st for him as a rental. If that what it takes, let another team be this years Jets.

As a rental for a 2nd+B-prospect, I'm fine with getting him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As a rental for a 2nd+B-prospect, I'm fine with getting him.

I personally can't see the price being only a 2nd... maybe as low as a conditional first based upon playoff success, but I think a 1st will have to be involved. He won't get higher than a B prospect though, maybe as low as a C if the first isn't conditional or an easy conditional such as making the playoffs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I personally can't see the price being only a 2nd... maybe as low as a conditional first based upon playoff success, but I think a 1st will have to be involved. He won't get higher than a B prospect though, maybe as low as a C if the first isn't conditional or an easy conditional such as making the playoffs.

Isn't he sort of the crown jewel of this TDL? Maybe JGP, but not that many other more valuable players available.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Isn't he sort of the crown jewel of this TDL? Maybe JGP, but not that many other more valuable players available.

With Hall gone it depends on Florida, but Kreider and JGP are surely up there for the best names on the block.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

14. Lots and lots of interest in Chris Kreider, no decision yet from the Rangers. “Lots of time,” one source said. Again, look at their history. Marc Staal’s last contract was signed on Jan. 18, 2015. In 2014, they signed Dan Girardi on Feb. 28. They took Kevin Hayes and Mats Zuccarello down to the wire last year. There’s a lot of interest — believed to include contenders who might be happy to wait for cap reasons (Boston, St. Louis) and others who aren’t worried about that (Colorado). There’s plenty of speculation about Montreal, as the Canadiens could use some beef, but Kreider’s partial no-trade affects that.

Reactions: shadow1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad