Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion | give me Hall your players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't realize Kerfoot was having such a poor season. Someone mentioned his name in the other thread and I looked it up. 6G 8A in 35 games....and he had a good start.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Didn't realize Kerfoot was having such a poor season. Someone mentioned his name in the other thread and I looked it up. 6G 8A in 35 games....and he had a good start.

Have Leafs fans turned on him yet? Or is he still so good they got Barrie for free?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

He's on pace for 31 points, which is 11 shy of his total from last season but he's also playing a different role in Toronto than he did in Colorado.

I see that they're trying him at LW now, which IMO they should've done a while ago. Apparently Kapanen has been a disaster this season based on what I'm reading. The two have switched lines, with Spezza taking up the 3C role.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Repost on this bad boy:
Vatanen, Zajac (50%) & Wood for 1st, Helleson, Jost, Rosen and Kamenev?

I figure
Vat=1st
Zajac= Hellboy
Wood=Jost
Rosen & Kam are there to equalize the roster spots and give them an opportunity with a bad team.

Maybe a 3rd coming back from Jersey or half retention on Wood.

I'm down with all those pieces I suppose, but it feels like too much from the Avs side. 1st, Helleson and Jost should be plenty for that package but yeah I guess the whole roster spot thing

Zajac hasn't broken 50 points in a decade, wow

Vatanen just makes too much sense for this roster as it stands, we should be making an offer

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm down with all those pieces I suppose, but it feels like too much from the Avs side. 1st, Helleson and Jost should be plenty for that package but yeah I guess the whole roster spot thing

Zajac hasn't broken 50 points in a decade, wow

Vatanen just makes too much sense for this roster as it stands, we should be making an offer

All due respect, why does poor-man's Barrie make too much sense?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So sexy.

Landy - MacK - Zucker
Joonas - Kadri - Mikko
Nuke - JPG - Compher
Wilson - PEB - Calvert
( longbeach )

Murray - Makar
Zadorov - Girard
Cole/Graves - EJ

Gru/Frank

Last edited:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Repost on this bad boy:
Vatanen, Zajac (50%) & Wood for 1st, Helleson, Jost, Rosen and Kamenev?

I figure
Vat=1st
Zajac= Hellboy
Wood=Jost
Rosen & Kam are there to equalize the roster spots and give them an opportunity with a bad team.

Maybe a 3rd coming back from Jersey or half retention on Wood.

No offense, but I don't like it. The Avs don't need such a big shake up that they're adding (3) bodies to the line-up while only removing (arguably) their least impactful skater in Jost.

Vatanen likely bumps Zadorov from the line-up, which I can live with. But with Zajac replacing Jost, I'm not sure where Miles Wood goes. Based on the season he's having, it's the press box.

I also don't like giving up all of those assets for this collection of players. Wood and Zajac are bottom-6 forwards, while Vatanen likely chases money in free agency.

:pb:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We could use a RHD that's disposal after this season and he's at least an adequate one

Not sure he's worth a 1st on his own but that might be the going rate

Eh...based on what I've read/seen he really doesn't move the needle enough to be worth the bother.

Frankly, if the need is for a 2nd or 3rd pairing RHD with offensive skill they should be a little more ambitious. Colin Miller for some weird reason went from good depth defenseman to healthy scratch this year. If Botterill is just gonna continue to waffle on Ristolainen I say go in there and get him out of that situation.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and cgf

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Just trade for JPG soon... see where things settle, and make a move accordingly. If the 2pp and defense is having issues, go after a defensemen. If not, go after a top 9 winger.
I've a feeling that if Sakic calls for Pageau Dorion will ask for a lot because of past events. I don't think that Dorion feels like like he's got ripped off but he sure didn't get a discount and Joe wouldn't get one either.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We knew going into the year that the defense wasn’t cup caliber, but we didn’t expect/account for Jost being a complete dud, aside from one game, which I frankly attribute to @missionAvs.

We’ve got 2 legitimate problems we need to remedy and it’s tough to say which is more important. I’m actually leaning towards it being the 3c since I think that would help us out more defensively than an additional dman.

Reactions: missionAvs

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We knew going into the year that the defense wasn’t cup caliber, but we didn’t expect/account for Jost being a complete dud, aside from one game, which I frankly attribute to @missionAvs.

We’ve got 2 legitimate problems we need to remedy and it’s tough to say which is more important. I’m actually leaning towards it being the 3c since I think that would help us out more defensively than an additional dman.

579B236C-7410-4ADB-81B6-D40196E6FEF3.gif

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
So sexy.

Landy - MacK - Zucker
Joonas - Kadri - Mikko
Nuke - JPG - Compher
Wilson - PEB - Calvert
( longbeach )

Murray - Makar
Zadorov - Girard
Cole/Graves - EJ

Gru/Frank
I know we’d all like it this to come to fruition, but you’re seriously overlooking the assets needed go to acquire Zucker, JPG and Murray. You’ll need to basically gut our prospect pool and picks for those 3 guys. Think at least 2 firsts + possibly Newhook and other good/decent prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad