2019-2020 Tank Thread

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg down to a 25% chance to make playoffs - according to sportsclubstats.

The Jets are getting closer to the bottom of the division. They are close in the playoff race because of games played, but if the teams with games in hand win 2/3, the Jets margin starts to add up. If they don't have the manpower, I could see them falling into a top 10 draft pick.

Reactions: Fairview and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From what I see of Cody Eakins -- the only reason why Chevy picked him up, was because each playoff game is worth $ 1.5 mil per home game, and that adds up to a lot of profit for TNSE, if they get in. I view this aquisition as purely a financial one, in hopes he would increase our chances to get in.

As for Eakins -- he's not worth anywhere near $ 3 mil IMO, and we have better guys on cheap entry level contracts --like Harkins.

After this season,"let Cody Eakins walk"- talent level isn't there. :nod:

Right now, it's looking like we'll just make "miss" the playoffs, but come very close, and considering how decimated this team is due to injuries -- that's acceptable to me. We could still do it though -- but we'll not a real long winning streak.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Considering games in hand we are going to be hard pressed to catch Nash and Minny looks good to leapfrog past us. It will be tough to catch Flames, but even if we do, we probably finish 9th in the West. If not, we are likely 10th. Then there is Arizona. We are tied with them now. That could go either way. We could easily finish 11th in the west.

We are currently in the 12th draft spot. If Minny and Ari pass us and Cgy stays ahead we likely drop to 10th spot. I don't think any other team is likely to pass us so it looks right now like we probably draft from 10th-12th OA.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This thread is kinda useless. We are going to win one lose one , win 2 lose 2 and stay just outside the wildcard. We are inconsistent and it goes both ways with winning and losing.

We are not making playoffs and we are not getting a top draft pick.

This year will be a complete waste

HockeyProspect.com has Anton Lundell at 13 and Connor Zary at 16. Both very promising left shot C's. Exactly what we need. We look like finishing 10-12, but even up to 15 at least 1 of those 2 should be available.

It would have been nice to get one of those 2-3 years ago but the past is past. But this year should not be a complete waste. We should be able to get a good prospect in the 2nd rd too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
From what I see of Cody Eakins -- the only reason why Chevy picked him up, was because each playoff game is worth $ 1.5 mil per home game, and that adds up to a lot of profit for TNSE, if they get in. I view this aquisition as purely a financial one, in hopes he would increase our chances to get in.

As for Eakins -- he's not worth anywhere near $ 3 mil IMO, and we have better guys on cheap entry level contracts --like Harkins.

After this season,"let Cody Eakins walk"- talent level isn't there. :nod:

Right now, it's looking like we'll just make "miss" the playoffs, but come very close, and considering how decimated this team is due to injuries -- that's acceptable to me. We could still do it though -- but we'll not a real long winning streak.
Kevin Cheveldayoff is not an owner of TNSE. He's a hired employee who's job is to do what he sees fit to best manage the on-ice product. He's obviously trying to push for playoffs and managing to the best of his ability - whether he's succeeding or not is a different conversation.

Chevy isn't pushing to make playoffs to make TNSE 3 million dollars. That's conspiracy theory talk, and it REALLY needs to end. It's nonsense

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Chevy isn't pushing to make playoffs to make TNSE 3 million dollars. That's conspiracy theory talk, and it REALLY needs to end. It's nonsense

It's not conspiracy theory, it's the reality of big business. You make money for your employer, you keep your job, probably get a raise and a bonus. You lose money for your employer, you are looking for a new employer. Or that's how it should be. Chevy should be fearing for his job. That leash Chipman has him on has way too much slack.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
It's not conspiracy theory, it's the reality of big business. You make money for your employer, you keep your job, probably get a raise and a bonus. You lose money for your employer, you are looking for a new employer. Or that's how it should be. Chevy should be fearing for his job. That leash Chipman has him on has way too much slack.
How does the team make the most money? by having a stable, competitive on-ice product long term. Which Chipman and Chevy both obviously agree on. They've preached it since day 1.

If this wasn't the case then Chevy wouldn't have blown up the team after the 2014 playoffs. He's even said so himself in interviews.

People that think Chipman is pressuring Chevy to "push for playoffs" to make the extra 3 million while sacrificing their long-term vision are just making that up. They don't know that.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
C0msHM.gif

The power of the tank compels you!
The power of the tank compels you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad