Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 11 - Post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think the team needs to start thinking about trading hertl if he plays this year and looks at all competent. Too injury prone.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I take it this would apply to Karlsson as well, right?
The difference is I don't think anyone is trading for Karlsson with his current salary. I think Hertl is cheap enough where teams would be willing to give up some assets to take a chance if he looked good this year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The difference is I don't think anyone is trading for Karlsson with his current salary. I think Hertl is cheap enough where teams would be willing to give up some assets to take a chance if he looked good this year.

But if the Sharks were to find a deal even if they were to retain let's just say 1 mil, would you be on board with it?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Rather than spend the estimated cap hits on Dadonov and Toffoli I think we’d be better off just adding solid depth with 3-4 veterans on 1 year prove it deals at likely the same cost or less. Guys like Haula, Simmonds, Frolik, Galchenyuk ect…

Kane-Hertl-Labanc
Meier-Couture-Simmonds
Gregor-Haula-Galchenyuk
Frolik-Handemark-Noesen

That’s just an example but the premise is adding more depth as opposed to spending all the cap on 1 top six guy…
I think the Sharks will give long looks to J Dahlen,M Letunov and others to fill 3rd line roles! And what of Gambrell,DW has high hopes for him too! I see one move into a top 6 role...probably Dahlen!

upload_2020-6-15_14-5-48.png
upload_2020-6-15_14-5-48.png

Reactions: themelkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad