Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 11 - Post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
My off-season wish list is a 2nd line RW (not Marleau); a 3rd line center (not Thornton); and a 5th-6th dman (not Prout).

Then figure out the goalies.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I've been liking Gregor's game. He's got speed and grit and has at least been getting the puck in the general direction of the net...
If you put a 4th line of Gregor/Bergmann-True-Noesen together for next year, I would be good with it assuming the 3rd line had some additional scoring punch. Would really like to find a 3C that is not Jumbo that can get up and down the ice and play with pace while also being a good PKer. My only fear with Goodrow gone is that it may all but guarantee that Melker is back next year to anchor the PK.

I feel good about being able to address the 1-2 RW position in the top 6 with a FA (Toffoli or similar) and trade. I also feel pretty good with the young guys being able to drum up a decent 4th line. My main fear now shifts to the 3rd line and whether that is going to be another old man line of Marleau-Thornton or if we can cut bait and get younger and faster there with someone like Haula or a trade chip.

Kane-Couture-Toffoli?
Meier-Hertl-??
??-??-Labanc
Gregor/Bergmann-True-Noesen

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So roster for tomorrow, assuming no Couture and Melker.

Meier-Thornton-Labanc
Kane-Suomela-Gambrell
Sorensen-Kellman-Noesen
Gregor-True-Blichfeld

I think everyone but Blichfeld is most likely going to be on the roster, maybe just in a different spot. Not sure if the 12th forward is going to be Blichfeld, Letunov or someone else.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Are we pretty confident some big trades are going to happen in the draft?

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
Doug keeps saying hes collecting assets for the near future. Makes me feel like hes gonna trade picks for players this summer
Yeah. I am betting on the Sharks walking away with one new prospect out of the first 3 picks they currently have in the 2020 1st and 2nd rounds. It could be more depending on his ability to make a draft day trade of Burns or Vlasic.

Reactions: themelkman

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Whelp, gotta give credit to DW for getting a first for Goodrow.

Other then that, quite a ho-hum trade deadline, and if it comes out true that he had offers for Thornton from teams Thornton was willing to go to, but held out for better assets, f*** him. Thornton deserves a shot at the cup, and any asset for a 40 yo upcoming UFA is better than no asset and him leaving in the offseason to chase a cup.

For now though I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that situation, and assume no one offered anything for Thornton from whatever teams Thornton was willing to go to.

Really wish he would have traded Sorenson, Melker and Dell, but those were long shots given what I assume their value is.

Gunna be interesting the rest of the year, I actually like the idea of having a really young team right now. We can really get some extended looks at our prospects and see who is actually worth keeping by next year.

Well guess now it’s time to start speculating on draft day moves.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
Regarding a potential Melker deal, The Kurz reports: “Melker Karlsson’s lower body injury — he’s still hobbling around in a walking boot after blocking a shot last Thursday in New Jersey — prevented Wilson from dealing the pending free-agent forward. “Melker, I probably would have explored something, but his injury probably prohibited that,” Wilson said.”

What happened, what we're hearing and what's next for the... PAYWALL

Reactions: Sandisfan

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Regarding a potential Melker deal, The Kurz reports: “Melker Karlsson’s lower body injury — he’s still hobbling around in a walking boot after blocking a shot last Thursday in New Jersey — prevented Wilson from dealing the pending free-agent forward. “Melker, I probably would have explored something, but his injury probably prohibited that,” Wilson said.”

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

I hate Mirco Mueller and his dumb smug face

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
If there were offers for Jumbo from cup contenders and DW held out for slightly higher picks that’s pretty messed up
Watch DWs post trade deadline interview. He said that both Patty and Joe were very involved in the trade discussions. For whatever reason, Jumbo decided not to go.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

I wonder what those other offers were. Maybe Edmonton was offering a 2nd-rounder?

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Yeah. I am betting on the Sharks walking away with one new prospect out of the first 3 picks they currently have in the 2020 1st and 2nd rounds. It could be more depending on his ability to make a draft day trade of Burns or Vlasic.
I really don’t think DW will even entertain trading Burns. He is so flexible in some ways but so stubborn in others and we all know he expects to contend next year and he thinks having Burns and Karlsson are the way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad