OT: 2019-2020 NHL Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So Philly gets two days off but we don't?

What the f***

This scheduling is such garbage

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't understand the scheduling at all. Vancouver's game 1 is now Sunday so they only get a day break as well. Meanwhile Eastern conference teams are all getting 2-3 days off

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Holy shit i just saw the East series potentially could each have 2 back to backs if they go 7 games.

EgAEjGeUYA4WYRw

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Agreed . You see Benns personality every once in a while when he interacts with the Stars media or when there's some behind the scenes stuff but when he talks to national media he deliberately acts like the most boring least emotional person possible. He doesn't like media attention . Never really has and ever since that interview on the Ticket that got blown up he commited to the super boring character he plays for national media.
He was a bad interview long before he made Canucks fans meltdown by making fun of the Sedins.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That Fleury / DeBoer / Walsh situation is really badly timed . No idea why anyone could think this would be a good idea to do now. That has to be at least a big akward with the bubble situation and the team beeing with each other more or less 24/7 now. Also there's some great other pictures out there on Social Media now Walsh could've used :laugh:

EgH7ynkXYAATSuS

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
MAF didn't do anything to improve the situation. He was a little cryptic and evasive, and he wouldn't just flat out say this was against his wishes. He would have come off looking better just not talking. He seems a little suspect now choosing to talk and not clearly state he wasn't aware of what was going on. Instead he just talked about his relationship with Walsh.

Dumb move IMO ... but I mean if he's consulting his representation ... that's not shocking.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fleury clearly is unhappy and wants to start but running to your agent who is notorious for shananigans like that is not a good idea and then you see how wierd that media availability thing went. Could be a factor , could also turn out to be completely irrelevant Vegas. We'll have to see. Certainly not something any team wants to see happen.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh I hadn't thought about it from the perspective of hurting the team, but that's a good point.

Vegas doesn't seem like a team that gets impacted by this. I would assume most teams in a similar situation would just think the player/agent is a moron and move on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd only expect a weak willed team or an already fractured team to struggle with this.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Vegas brushes it off. I'm just sad MAF comes off looking like a bit of a tool after today because I like the guy. I really think he would have been better off being quiet.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Isn’t MAF still kind of the emotional leader of Vegas?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really wish the Stars had a depth guy like Nick Cousins. Seems pretty skilled and is a smart player.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I see that very much similar to the Avs . Canucks went into the game a bit too overconfident after eliminating the Blues who just played like shit and had no goaltending for most of the series.

Also today Roussel once again showed why we got tired of his act. Sometimes he's just a complete clown and also he gets reputation calls.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I have to admit I chuckled when Reaves was taunting Roussel as he sat in the box.

Sucks to see Roussel turning back to that a bit. Makes me think of Garbutt ... good lord that guy was dense. He couldn't help but do absolutely garbage, trash things at the worst time. He and Roussel sort of went opposite directions right around that time. For a little while, Roussel was much better at not crossing the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad