OT: 2019-2020 NHL Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I'm watching TOR/CBJ and hoping CBJ gives them the boot, but holy crap the way TOR can pass it around and create plays makes us look mf'n mickeymouse. I know they have a lot of talent for that, but its multiple steps beyond where Dallas is as a team.

Anyhow, go CBJ :D

*I respect that a recency bias is going to skew how I view the Stars to an extent at least for the moment, but honestly its apples v oranges here.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yea TOR looks so crisp.

But despite that they still can’t score. Shows why defense and physicality typically end up winning.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Leafs have too many defensive f***ups . I don't think its possible to consitently outscore a defense as bad as the Leafs. Pretty evenly matched teams. Columbus is just a way more disciplined team despite what happened in Game 4.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I felt really bad for Edmonton when the Oilers got the boot, but now both post-season hosts no longer have a team present!

Two pretty offensively talented teams for that matter.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Feeling bad for Spezza . The rest of the Leafs meh . Thats not a well build roster at all. Imagine us dressing 3 worse versions of Roman Polak. That was the Leafs defense with guys like Ceci , Holl , Marincin and Dermott . None of those guys can complete a pass at all. Barrie and Rielley are almost purely offensive guys . The only all around defenseman on the Leafs was Jake Muzzin and while good is not a #1 or #2 and also he got hurt.

You can't build a team by just puttin money into forwards and praying they alone can carry a team.

Last edited:

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
Another scenario that should make sense.....If Toronto gets the no. 1 pick and takes the best consensus D, leaving AF on the table for the second pick.

They would defintely trade down and get an extra asset or just straight up trade the pick for a more established dman.

Looking at OTT with 3OA or 5OA as well as DET at 4OA. Both I would imagine would be thrilled to take Laf.

Reactions: sportswastaken

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
You can almost smell a Lindell for Marner, or similar trade being discussed at the draft, no? Would actually make some sense, as a real hockey trade from strength to need on both sides. Contracts an issue perhaps, as always.

I thought Klingberg if you could get Toronto to take one of our bad contracts too.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
You can almost smell a Lindell for Marner, or similar trade being discussed at the draft, no? Would actually make some sense, as a real hockey trade from strength to need on both sides. Contracts an issue perhaps, as always.

Only problem is then Dallas has over 30 million spent in three forwards (one of which is basically an ineffective Benn), which is what's handcuffing Toronto right now. Nylander would be a better option money-wise for Lindell+, but it's still in the high 20s for three forwards. Plus, I think Toronto would deal Nylander before Marner 10 times out of 10. If you have that much spent on forwards, you REALLY need Robertson, Dellandrea, Hintz and Guri to all play to their potential while still on cheaper contracts. It's a big risk.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
My problem with trading Lindell is who will take his place. Who is the big minute defensive defenseman

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
My problem with trading Lindell is who will take his place. Who is the big minute defensive defenseman

Heiskanen can log 25min and be defensively responsible.
Oleksiak has stepped up to be a very reliable defender and Johns should be able to take on more responsibility as he plays more.

There’s also a few free agent available after the season.

Limp Dekes

Jun 27, 2019
Heiskanen can log 25min and be defensively responsible.
Oleksiak has stepped up to be a very reliable defender and Johns should be able to take on more responsibility as he plays more.

There’s also a few free agent available after the season.
I'm pleasantly surprised with The Big Rig's play in the RR. He's looked much better than I thought he would have with Miro (better than Johns looked).

I'm not sure I would trade Lindell, but it all depends on what we'd get in return.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ehh .... not impressed. Zubov was smoking like a chimney when he set the record. Way more impressive.

:sarcasm:
He also did in the dead puck era, where people were physical play was much much more intense

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Colorado has had so many lucky breaks late in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->