Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Ennis is slotted too hig in the lineup imo... He should be on the 4th line and platoon with Sabourin if needed. Either way when White comes back one of those two should be impacted by being pushed down or out of the lineup

I guess they're hoping they can get some trade value out of Ennis if they can artificially inflate his numbers. I just don't see it happening.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This coaching staff won't last very long. Will "surprise" this year, get us out of a top-3 pick, then when expectations will rise, team will stumble again. Ala Clouston, Boucher, Cameron, etc

Ennis, Sabourin, Beaudin in the line-up. I mean it's great to be able to "skate and work hard". It makes me think about a guy in my friends league. Skates so fast, works so hard, never scored on me in 10 years.

Dutsh9

Oct 31, 2019
What are your thoughts on Batherson coming back into the lineup this season? He is having a good season start in the AHL right now (10 pts in 7 games). I know that he was horrible during his first two games with the Sens but do you guys think he is going to be recalled sooner than later as some other players from Belleville have already been recalled before him?

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
What are your thoughts on Batherson coming back into the lineup this season? He is having a good season start in the AHL right now (10 pts in 7 games). I know that he was horrible during his first two games with the Sens but do you guys think he is going to be recalled sooner than later as some other players from Belleville have already been recalled before him?

I wouldn't mind letting him spend 15-20 games down there. But if he keeps this pace, anything more than that would be overkill.

Reactions: Cosmix

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

He needs to work on his foot speed. His overall skating is good, but he’s losing races to loose pucks because it looks like he’s got lead skates on. They’ve sent down their skating coach to work with him and lajoie on that. Hopefully it helps because I think he’s getting away with it in the A bit he’s getting exposed in the show.

Reactions: Cosmix

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He needs to work on his foot speed. His overall skating is good, but he’s losing races to loose pucks because it looks like he’s got lead skates on. They’ve sent down their skating coach to work with him and lajoie on that. Hopefully it helps because I think he’s getting away with it in the A bit he’s getting exposed in the show.

I wish there was a way we could attach Formenton's lower body to Batherson's upper body.

I'm not ruling out experimental surgery just yet...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wish there was a way we could attach Formenton's lower body to Batherson's upper body.

With our budget I don't think I'd go there...
Mhlkki9.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-120...sens-are-improving-in-their-own-end-1.1390271

This is not exactly on topic but there is no real topic for analyzing how the Sens are doing.

I have had so many posts deleted for being off topic according to someone I guess I can expect this one to be as well.

This is the one big improvement: we don't get brutally outshot all the time anymore.

This is probably the biggest reason as to why I remain optimistic about the rebuild.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I guess they're hoping they can get some trade value out of Ennis if they can artificially inflate his numbers. I just don't see it happening.

I think Ennis is holding White’s spot to allow Pager/Brown to keep or develop some chemistry on the 3rd line.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think Ennis is holding White’s spot to allow Pager/Brown to keep or develop some chemistry on the 3rd line.
Don’t forget about Balcers. When is he back? I guess looking forward, he would be the duclair replacement. Of course beyond this year we’ve got Batherson and Norris looking for top 6 spots too.

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wait so that is what "threadjacking" means? I always feel like a criminal when I see that notification popup in my alerts...

No thread jacking (not to jack this thread) is a little more severe than the more subtle "off topic" because of the degrees of being off topic being so very subjective. Thread jacking is over the top "off topic".

Reactions: TheDebater

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

SHIT @#$$%&**&%$@! I wrote a whole rebuttal to this thinking you were talking about Brannstrom, until I reread your post & saw it was Batherson .... shit! Time to get the eyes checked.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Strikes fear in the heart of the opposition no doubt. Its weird to me that they would not leave Pageau with C Brown and Paul and move Tierney or Nasti with Tkachuk and Duclair

In case you were wondering about Anisimov's baited breath awaited return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad