Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hi all - I'm currently compiling lists of each team board's top prospect rankings. It looks like yours is done, but I don't see a thread that lists the results. Would someone mind either directing me to this thread/post or simply making one? I believe @SoupyFIN was working on the polls.

Thanks!

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Hi all - I'm currently compiling lists of each team board's top prospect rankings. It looks like yours is done, but I don't see a thread that lists the results. Would someone mind either directing me to this thread/post or simply making one? I believe @SoupyFIN was working on the polls.

Thanks!
Prospect Info: - 2019 Panthers top prospects vote, #25
did you actually try reading the opening post of the last poll? It clearly shows who won the previous polls and what amount of votes they got

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Prospect Info: - 2019 Panthers top prospects vote, #25
did you actually try reading the opening post of the last poll? It clearly shows who won the previous polls and what amount of votes they got

I saw that. What I am looking for is a thread that includes the 25th prospect voted in - a final results thread. I’m planning to convert these into articles and wanted a finished product for that - I can make it myself if it doesn’t already exist.

I would imagine what I’m looking for wasn’t made.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I saw that. What I am looking for is a thread that includes the 25th prospect voted in - a final results thread. I’m planning to convert these into articles and wanted a finished product for that - I can make it myself if it doesn’t already exist.

I would imagine what I’m looking for wasn’t made.
I forgot to create it, last year I did make a "full results" sort of thread after we were done.

I'll create it now.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Watched Koly's game tonight.

He had a couple turnovers and was on the ice for a goal against but was on the ice for 2 Flint goals.
He got his first assist/point on the empty netter but also had a shot off the pipe as well.
Had 2 shots on net but had 6 last night. 8 in 2 games so far.
Looked real good on the PP and in general, was easily the best defenseman Flint has.

He does look to spring the zone too early sometimes but is the first man back as Flint loses possession in Ozone. Broke up a couple plays defensively and willing to block shots or take the hit to make the play. Noticed some end to end pass attempts but he does like to control the puck and create offensively by skating it through the 3 zones.

@PantherboyHTR , your cousin was very noticeable tonight, although he was on the ice for a couple goals against.
Saginaw should have won this game easily but just couldn't crack Flint's goalie a second time.
Mason had 7 shots on net tonight and very solid at slowing the game down in his own end but also not afraid to pinch successfully and create tons of offensive opportunities.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
CHL time!
Schwindt with a primary assist on Friday in a 3-1 loss, 6 SOG. He's been taking a lot of faceoffs but was listed as a 1RW?
Rybinski centered the 2nd line for Seattle Thunderbirds on Saturday. It seems that changing teams last year has paid off for him, at least short-term - last year, he got the increased minutes he wanted, and this year he got the move to center he wanted. A primary assist, 2 SOG and some nice moves including a breakaway/backhand shot (saved by the goalie), a great pass to a teammate leading to a SOG (also saved). Just highlight watching here but I liked what I saw of his vision and passing this game; seemd really calm just skating there and then suddenly the puck's with his teammate in a high-danger scoring situation. 3rd star of the game.
John Ludving with a goal (nice shot) and an assist in a 6-1 win, 5 SOG, +3 and 2 PIM for a roughing penalty - and he's now also the captain of his team. So look, I was not a fan of the pick at the time (any semi-decent NHL defensive defencemen put up at least decent numbers in juniors and 18 points on a high-scoring team in the WHL is pretty meh), but if he decides to prove me wrong this year I'm all for it (he looked good at camp too). Looks very mature there too.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Watched Koly's game tonight.

He had a couple turnovers and was on the ice for a goal against but was on the ice for 2 Flint goals.
He got his first assist/point on the empty netter but also had a shot off the pipe as well.
Had 2 shots on net but had 6 last night. 8 in 2 games so far.
Looked real good on the PP and in general, was easily the best defenseman Flint has.

He does look to spring the zone too early sometimes but is the first man back as Flint loses possession in Ozone. Broke up a couple plays defensively and willing to block shots or take the hit to make the play. Noticed some end to end pass attempts but he does like to control the puck and create offensively by skating it through the 3 zones.

@PantherboyHTR , your cousin was very noticeable tonight, although he was on the ice for a couple goals against.
Saginaw should have won this game easily but just couldn't crack Flint's goalie a second time.
Mason had 7 shots on net tonight and very solid at slowing the game down in his own end but also not afraid to pinch successfully and create tons of offensive opportunities.

Thanks for the update. I hope to watch Chonk a few times this year live. I'm going to watch Mason play on Friday night in Sarnia next week.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ludvig with another goal on Sunday (2+1 in 2 games), Swindt with an assist (two assists in two games).
Denisenko pointless again in today's game in a 4-1 loss.
Lammikko 1+3 in five Liiga games, playing first line center (not sure what are the chances of him coming back though).

Tbirds85

Jul 17, 2019
Tbirds win first pre season game 4-2.

Bednar played the whole game stopping 32 of 34.

Goals from Massie, Abols, Ang, Byron (EN)

Repo was in the lineup, did he not attend Florida camp? If not he has really fallen from the depth chart.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Tbirds win first pre season game 4-2.

Bednar played the whole game stopping 32 of 34.

Goals from Massie, Abols, Ang, Byron (EN)

Repo was in the lineup, did he not attend Florida camp? If not he has really fallen from the depth chart.

I thought Repo was one of the first Cuts, but I could be mistaken.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
CHL Friday night:
Schwindt with a goal and two assists in a 5-6 loss; third star of the game. Was on ice for two goals against but neither was his fault. Goal was on the PP, a powerful quick shot from a really sharp angle. The second assist was a really nice bit of a hockey play - stole the puck for a turnover in the o-zone and made an excellent pass to Hardie who was completely alone in front of the goalie. Listed as RW but centered the 2nd line. 5 points in 3 games leading the team.

Ludvig with another strong game in a 4-2 win (bit of info: first time since 2005/06 that his team won all three first game. Obviously this is all thanks to their new captain :D ) 1 assist, 3SOG (great shot from in front of the net was "easily [the goalie's] best save of the night", per announcers). Played PP, PK (bad guys scored but it was clearly the fault of Ludvig's D partner). 3rd star of the game; 2+2 in 3 games.

Rybinski with 4 SOG in 1-3 loss; Noel not playing yet because of a four-game pre-season suspension.

Europe:
Kinnunen played 3rd pairing/7th D in four Liiga games so far, scratched for the other two. Didn't have the best pre-season from what I glimpsed (was given all the oportunity to shine and didn't) which probably cost him. Competing with other young D for the spot.
Schutz held pointless for a few games now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Watched Kolyachonok's game tonight. Another assist for him on the first goal just 2 minutes into the game, that's back to back games with a point now. 2 assists in 3 games on a Flint team that will struggle to score. Although he wasn't much of an offensive threat this game, with no shots on net after 8 in his first two. He does play a fair bit of RD as well so I'm unsure if that's his preferred side or a RD shortage on the team?

It's easy to spot him with his bluish/aqua colored stick, it shines off the lights above.
He was on the ice when Niagara tied it at 2 half way through the 3rd but made some real nice defensive breakups with an active stick, especially late in the game to help his team secure a point. His skating is so crisp and fluid, both forwards and backwards.
Flint's goalie, Popovich kept them in it the whole game as he faced 36 shots in the first 60 mins.

In a fast paced OT, Koly really stands out with his skating and ability to draw defenders towards him while finding the open man. He broke up a 2 on 1 and on the same play went down on a 2 on 1 but his teammate couldn't send a good pass his way. Went to SO and Flint ends up going 2 for 3 to get their 2nd win in 3 games in a 3-2 final. Promising for a team that took 16 games (iirc) last year to get win #1. Really like what I've seen from Koly these past two games.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Watched Kolyachonok's game tonight. Another assist for him on the first goal just 2 minutes into the game, that's back to back games with a point now. 2 assists in 3 games on a Flint team that will struggle to score. Although he wasn't much of an offensive threat this game, with no shots on net after 8 in his first two. He does play a fair bit of RD as well so I'm unsure if that's his preferred side or a RD shortage on the team?

It's easy to spot him with his bluish/aqua colored stick, it shines off the lights above.
He was on the ice when Niagara tied it at 2 half way through the 3rd but made some real nice defensive breakups with an active stick, especially late in the game to help his team secure a point. His skating is so crisp and fluid, both forwards and backwards.
Flint's goalie, Popovich kept them in it the whole game as he faced 36 shots in the first 60 mins.

In a fast paced OT, Koly really stands out with his skating and ability to draw defenders towards him while finding the open man. He broke up a 2 on 1 and on the same play went down on a 2 on 1 but his teammate couldn't send a good pass his way. Went to SO and Flint ends up going 2 for 3 to get their 2nd win in 3 games in a 3-2 final. Promising for a team that took 16 games (iirc) last year to get win #1. Really like what I've seen from Koly these past two games.

The second weekend of December, Flint plays a home-and-home the Friday and Saturday with Saginaw. It's about an hour and a half from my house, in between Sarnia and London.

I'll get to watch him play my cousin Mason Millman. I watched Mason last night in Sarnia, 9-3 win Saginaw. Mason also scored a goal. Sounds like he had a heck of a training camp in Philadelphia. Seeing how Florida took Schwindt their previous pick before Mason got drafted, I now hold him to the highest regard. Might even have to make my way to Mississauga this year and watch them go head-to-head.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The second weekend of December, Flint plays a home-and-home the Friday and Saturday with Saginaw. It's about an hour and a half from my house, in between Sarnia and London.

I'll get to watch him play my cousin Mason Millman. I watched Mason last night in Sarnia, 9-3 win Saginaw. Mason also scored a goal. Sounds like he had a heck of a training camp in Philadelphia. Seeing how Florida took Schwindt their previous pick before Mason got drafted, I now hold him to the highest regard. Might even have to make my way to Mississauga this year and watch them go head-to-head.

From what LGC wrote, sounds like Schwindt is off to a great start but wasnt just pumping your cousin's tires, he really stood out the game I watched. He's tall and lanky but definitely makes things happen in all 3 zones. Once he fills out, he will be able to handle the pro game better.

Koly plays today at 2pm but I bet some money on football so that may take precedent. If you're coming to Mississauga then we might as well meet up and grab a beer then. I live 15 mins from Steelheads barn.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Flipped over to the Flint game and Koly gets his first goal of the year to put them up 2-0, not even 2 mins later, it's now 3-0 Flint over Sarnia.

Koly keeping his point streak alive at 3 now, apparently the goal was a clapper from the blueline.

EDIT:
Flint was up 5-1 at one point, Sarnia made it interesting though.
In a wild back and forth game, Koly picks up an assist on the 8th goal from Flint (on the PP) to make it 8-5. You can see how important he is on the man advantage, the puck goes to him soon as Flint gains the O-zone.

Broke up multiple 2 on 1's in the 3rd, had 4 SOG to go along with his goal and assist today.
He also plays a fair bit of PK, the kid does it all.
Flint win by that 8-5 score and move to 3-1 on the season. Not an impressive win as Sarnia is probably the least talented team in the league but a win is a win is a win.

1 goal, 4 pts, +3, 2 PIMS, 12 SOG in 4 games, looking good so far!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad