Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Loko lost again today, 4-1.
Have lost 4 of 5 and 5 of their last 7.
Denisenko with no points, not sure how many minutes he played though.

How worried are we about a possible wasted year for him?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Loko lost again today, 4-1.
Have lost 4 of 5 and 5 of their last 7.
Denisenko with no points, not sure how many minutes he played though.

How worried are we about a possible wasted year for him?
Starting to worry here.
I haven't watched his last couple games as they always seem to be playing Monday (when I go climbing with a friend) or another day when I have plans, but the results look pretty bad.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
To me I would love them to dump the veterans and play the kids, it may still work out for him this season. Fingers crossed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Caught the 3rd period of Kolyachonok's game tonight.
Flint was down 2-0 but rallied back to tie it at 2 on a PP goal early in the 3rd, assisted by Koly after his bomb from the point.

He has now pushed his point streak to 4 games. 1 goal, 5 pts in 5 games.
5 SOG and averaging just over 3 shots a game now.
Still just one penalty taken so far with all the top pairing, PP and PK minutes he plays.

He was on the ice during a mad scramble in front of his net mid 3rd and blocked a shot and used his stick to break up a cross ice passing play seconds later. Minutes later Flint scores and goes up 3-2, Koly affecting the game on both sides of the puck late in games.
Guelph did tie it up at 3, late with under 2 mins to go, but Koly was not on the ice.
Flint has become a fun team to watch as they set a new franchise record, their 4th straight win, 4-3 in OT on a nice 2 on 1 passing play.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Love TPP's summaries on Kolyachonok :)

Rest of the CHL:
- The Seattle Thunderbirds are having a bad start of the season. Scored only seven goals while surrendering 17 in four WHL games so far, adding a 1-5 loss on Friday. Wedman and Rybiski now playing next to each other on the top line. Rybinski newly with an A and back to playing RW, pointless two games in a row; Wedman (who's the team's new captain) had 9 SOG but was also pointless; was on the PK for a goal against and looked pretty useless in that sequence but I'm just highlight watching so I might have missed something.

- Schwindt collects two more assists for Mississagua in a 6-2 win, bringing him to 1+6 in five games. Good net presence and scramble there; hopefully he can get some more goals soon.

- Meireles - first game of the regular season, scores the GWG and finishes 1+2 (both primary assists) in a 6-4 win. Good start to his final season in juniors.

-Ludving scores another goal in a 2-4 loss, now 3+2 in four games, on ice for both his team's goals and for two goals against: one was a 3-on-5 PK so tough to blame him, the other was a shorthanded 2-on-1 breakaway - not sure what happened there but he was nowhere near his own net when the goal happened (no idea where he was - record lists him on ice but didn't see him there). I have to say I love Ludvig's shot - it's powerfu and dangerous (scored another top corner goal). Was he shooting like this last year also or is it a new skill? Currently 4th in WHL d-men scoring - this probably won't last as he won't kept scoring with a 23% success rate forever but it's still nice. And I'd love him to prove all the people wrong who dismissed him as one of the worst picks in the draft.

Europe:
Denisenko with his 2 points in ten games is starting to worry me. I understand playing on a bad team, being snakebit, playing low minutes (though not recently) etc. etc.... but this is yet another year that he has been expected to produce more and doesn't, and at some point the excuses ran out. His international performances have been excellent and he was always going to be a long-term project... but when is that potential going to start showing on the score sheet?
Kinnunnen still alternating between being scratched and not doing much in Liiga. Disappointing start of the season.
Schutz keeping up his pointless streak (still 2+1 in 8 games).
Lammikko with 8 points in 8 games, playing's Karpat's 1C.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Love TPP's summaries on Kolyachonok :)

Rest of the CHL:
- The Seattle Thunderbirds are having a bad start of the season. Scored only seven goals while surrendering 17 in four WHL games so far, adding a 1-5 loss on Friday. Wedman and Rybiski now playing next to each other on the top line. Rybinski newly with an A and back to playing RW, pointless two games in a row; Wedman (who's the team's new captain) had 9 SOG but was also pointless; was on the PK for a goal against and looked pretty useless in that sequence but I'm just highlight watching so I might have missed something.

- Schwindt collects two more assists for Mississagua in a 6-2 win, bringing him to 1+6 in five games. Good net presence and scramble there; hopefully he can get some more goals soon.

- Meireles - first game of the regular season, scores the GWG and finishes 1+2 (both primary assists) in a 6-4 win. Good start to his final season in juniors.

-Ludving scores another goal in a 2-4 loss, now 3+2 in four games, on ice for both his team's goals and for two goals against: one was a 3-on-5 PK so tough to blame him, the other was a shorthanded 2-on-1 breakaway - not sure what happened there but he was nowhere near his own net when the goal happened (no idea where he was - record lists him on ice but didn't see him there). I have to say I love Ludvig's shot - it's powerfu and dangerous (scored another top corner goal). Was he shooting like this last year also or is it a new skill? Currently 4th in WHL d-men scoring - this probably won't last as he won't kept scoring with a 23% success rate forever but it's still nice. And I'd love him to prove all the people wrong who dismissed him as one of the worst picks in the draft.

Europe:
Denisenko with his 2 points in ten games is starting to worry me. I understand playing on a bad team, being snakebit, playing low minutes (though not recently) etc. etc.... but this is yet another year that he has been expected to produce more and doesn't, and at some point the excuses ran out. His international performances have been excellent and he was always going to be a long-term project... but when is that potential going to start showing on the score sheet?
Kinnunnen still alternating between being scratched and not doing much in Liiga. Disappointing start of the season.
Schutz keeping up his pointless streak (still 2+1 in 8 games).
Lammikko with 8 points in 8 games, playing's Karpat's 1C.

Thanks for the recaps!
Really promising to hear about Ludvig and Schwindt doing well. Between Ludvig and Koly, our LD depth chart is filling out nicely. They both play a mean game too, they might not be top pairing NHL D prospects but add in Stillman and Gildon as well and we have 4 LD who are progressing better than I thought they would. Although Koly does have a shot if he keeps going this way.

Definitely need to focus on more C's and RD in the draft this year.

Springfield also starts their season tonight at home against Bridgeport @ 7.

Excited for that, definitely curious to see how Heponiemi and Tippett do but moreso, the team in general. Will try to flip back and forth to catch some of it but the Panthers game will obviously take up most of my attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: PantherboyHTR

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel went off tonight, a goal and 2 assists in his first game back, 2nd star of game. Oshawa rolls 6-3.

Flint's fun times came to a screeching halt, losing big, 7-3. Looks like Koly keeps his point streak alive though with another primary assist on the 3rd goal, pushing it to 5 games now. 1 goal ,6 pts in 6 games. Surprisingly he was an even in the +/- category with 7 goals scored against Flint.

Springfield win big 5-1
McCoshen with 2 assists
Tippett with a PP goal an assist (an absolute bomb like Hoffshot) :laugh: he had 7 SOG
Ang with a SH goal and assist
Toninato with a goal
Thompson had 20 PIMS (one fight and 10 min misconduct)
Lowry got a goal and dropped the gloves

Driedger stops 24 of 25 to get SPR off to a winning start.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Noel went off tonight, a goal and 2 assists in his first game back, 2nd star of game. Oshawa rolls 6-3.

Flint's fun times came to a screeching halt, losing big, 7-3. Looks like Koly keeps his point streak alive though with another primary assist on the 3rd goal, pushing it to 5 games now. 1 goal ,6 pts in 6 games. Surprisingly he was an even in the +/- category with 7 goals scored against Flint.

Springfield win big 5-1
McCoshen with 2 assists
Tippett with a PP goal an assist (an absolute bomb like Hoffshot) :laugh: he had 7 SOG
Ang with a SH goal and assist
Toninato with a goal
Thompson had 20 PIMS (one fight and 10 min misconduct)
Lowry got a goal and dropped the gloves

Driedger stops 24 of 25 to get SPR off to a winning start.
Doesn't look like Koly got a point tonight. Knight had 33 of 35 in an exhibition as well not that it matters too much.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
College season also starting this weekend. Only exhibition games so far but Knight only allows one PK goal on the 22 shots he faced in his forty minutes (gets the W for BC). Meanwhile, Hutsko collects an assist and Finkelstein finishes +2 in the 4-2 win.

Reactions: Mase

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cole Schwindt with a PP goal and a primary assist in a 4-3 win today, 2 goals and 9 pts in 6 games. 2nd star of the game

SPR was in tough against Charlotte today, facing the defending Champs.
Down 3-0 with 5mins to go into the 2nd, Prow gets his 1st goal from Ang (2) and Lowry (1)
With just under 3 mins to go in the game, Keeper gets his first goal from Mangene (1) to make it 3-2

Tippett took a tripping penalty with 80 seconds to go and Charlotte scores on the PP to win 4-2
Driedger stops 36 of 40 in the loss.
The PP went 0/7 and even had a 5 on 3 for a full 2 minutes by the looks of it.
@EXTRAS , Repo did play in today's game, not sure why he didn't yesterday, possibly scratched?

Will probably watch some of Noel's game at 6pm.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Noel with his 2nd goal in as many nights, the go ahead goal to make it 3-2.

Well, he wasn't done there, he wanted another snipe, so here's his 3rd goal on the PP to make it 4-2:

and deja-vu celebrations it is :laugh:
3 goals on 3 shots so far and 5 pts in his first two games. :clap:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->