To Col: William Nylander

To Tor: 2020 1st round pick, Nikita Zadorov, Connor Timmins

Proposal 2

To Tor: Alex Newhook, Drew Helleson, Nikita Zadorov, 2020 3rd round pick

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
No to Nylander, his helmet sticks up too far off his head with that dam hair makes me worried there is a bees nest under his helmet.

Reactions: Hennessy

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'd make either of those trades in a split second. Nylander is locked into a reasonable deal for 4 more seasons, should be a 70+ point guy, can play wing or center.... He's an ideal player for the 2nd line here.

Exactly. That’s the kind of win-now move I would endorse. A really good young player on a solid contract. I would be pay a pretty heavy price for that. It would make for a pretty sexy top-6.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nylander - Kadri - Burakovsky

Or

Nylander - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Kadri - Burakovsky

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
A couple offers in from Leafs land HF

Proposal 1:

Proposal 2

I’d for sure do trade 1. It’d suck to not have a 1st or a 2nd this year, but Nylander would offset some of that disappointment. I’d also hate to see Timmins go, but you have to give to get.

Big no to trade 2 for me, though. Newhook could be a homegrown Nylander himself, and I’m not giving up on that a year after we drafted him. Keeping Newhook would extend our contention window even further as guys price themselves off the roster. If we really want to be the next Tampa, we need to keep guys like Newhook.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’d for sure do trade 1. It’d suck to not have a 1st or a 2nd this year, but Nylander would offset some of that disappointment. I’d also hate to see Timmins go, but you have to give to get.

Big no to trade 2 for me, though. Newhook could be a homegrown Nylander himself, and I’m not giving up on that a year after we drafted him. Keeping Newhook would extend our contention window even further as guys price themselves off the roster. If we really want to be the next Tampa, we need to keep guys like Newhook.

I think both Newhook and Timmins are going to be very good NHL players, but it’s not a guarantee.

With Nylander you get a proven 60+ point winger at 23-years old, who is probably a 70+ point winger playing with MacKinnon. It would give the Avs a huge boost to their top-6 while still maintaining a very good prospect pool.

Personally I doubt the Leafs would do a Nylander deal without Newhook, or Byram coming their way.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A couple offers in from Leafs land HF

Proposal 1:

Proposal 2

I'd make either of those trades in a split second. Nylander is locked into a reasonable deal for 4 more seasons, should be a 70+ point guy, can play wing or center.... He's an ideal player for the 2nd line here.

So would I. Nylander is also a wizard at scoring in-close, which is still something the Avs don't do consistently.

All that said, the Leafs would not take either of those deals IMO.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I think both Newhook and Timmins are going to be very good NHL players, but it’s not a guarantee.

With Nylander you get a proven 60+ point winger at 23-years old, who is probably a 70+ point winger playing with MacKinnon. It would give the Avs a huge boost to their top-6 while still maintaining a very good prospect pool.

Personally I doubt the Leafs would do a Nylander deal without Newhook, or Byram coming their way.
I agree with all of this, minus the doing the second trade part, but I was under the impression we were weighing the two trade ideas against each other to see which one would be best for the Avs.

If it were trade 2 or bust, that’d be a very hard call. I’d probably end up doing it if there wasn’t another trade out there for a top-6 guy that doesn’t require Newhook to fetch, but I’d do whatever it takes to keep Newhook and let him be a cheap roster player for a few years during the prime contention window.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
So would I. Nylander is also a wizard at scoring in-close, which is still something the Avs don't do consistently.

All that said, the Leafs would not take either of those deals IMO.

Not saying I’d do this, but this would be the kind of deal Toronto would be looking for.

To Col: Nylander, Sandin

To Tor: Byram, Donskoi, Bowers

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
C22510E1-AABC-435F-8956-7A08CA8971FD.jpeg

Colby Cave of the Oilers passed away today. This is his wife’s post on Instagram. Look at our captains comment on her post. RIP, young man.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Anybody know what caused the brain bleed? Couldn't have been hockey related unless he was skating on his own during the downtime.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anybody know what caused the brain bleed? Couldn't have been hockey related unless he was skating on his own during the downtime.

Looks like he had a colloid cyst which blocks fluid from entering the brain and can impact memory and cause headaches among other things. Usually they can be surgically removed safely but if they get to a certain size they can cause pressure on the brain, which is why he was induced into a coma.

Yet another reminder that life can change at the drop of a hat. One day you're fine, the next day you find out you have a cyst in the brain, then you get induced into a coma, and then you pass away.

Very sad to happen to such a young man trying to stick in the NHL while entering his athletic prime.

"Cave was airlifted Tuesday to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto and had been in a medically induced coma after having emergency surgery to remove a colloid cyst that was causing pressure on his brain."

Oilers' Cave, 25, dies after suffering brain bleed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad