OT: 2019-20 World Junior Championships Draft

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
THC, I was between Killinen and that Russian you chose. Also considered that German you took.

Nobody drafted my sleeper D.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I actually don't have any of them on my list....

Throw in the odd offense from canada, russia, sweden and usa no one chose then..

Although i do not mind who i said in lauko and sokolov, more the later....

Edit: Oh i see the list now...nice bokk, morozov and drury picks...surprosed no one picked some..

Surprised no one picked bokk or hofer though...

Beautiful hofer pick too

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Throw in the odd offense from canada, russia, sweden and usa no one chose then..

Although i do not mind who i said in lauko and sokolov, more the later.

Well i finalized my roster. If nothing else it will give me a reason to watch some of the other games.

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
FOliver Okiliar
sk.png
---
FMaxim Cajkovic
sk.png
---
FIvan Morozov
ru.png
---
FDominik Bokk
de.png
---
FJack Drury
us.png
---
DJordan Harris
us.png
---
DDanila Galenyuk
ru.png
---
DTim Berni
ch.png
---
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
Joel Hofer
ca.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You nearly convinced me to switch the Morozov for Sokolov, but I know the Russians hate playing their CHL stars and I have been burned before. I had Lauko on my radar but with the Czechs being in the super pool this year I wasn't sure how well they would do. Slovakia will at least get to beat up on Kazakstan and maybe hold their own vs Switzerland or a sleeping Finland. Bjornfot would have been the 6th Swedish dman to be drafted and at that point you may as well take a chance on a top two from Germany or top four from Russia.

I was really tempted to take Switzerlands goalie, but with Rodrigue seemingly the 3rd man now I decided to take a chance with Hofer and hope they split games.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Well i finalized my roster. If nothing else it will give me a reason to watch some of the other games.

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
FOliver Okiliar
sk.png
---
FMaxim Cajkovic
sk.png
---
FIvan Morozov
ru.png
---
FDominik Bokk
de.png
---
FJack Drury
us.png
---
DJordan Harris
us.png
---
DDanila Galenyuk
ru.png
---
DTim Berni
ch.png
---
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
Joel Hofer
ca.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You nearly convinced me to switch the Morozov for Sokolov, but I know the Russians hate playing their CHL stars and I have been burned before. I had Lauko on my radar but with the Czechs being in the super pool this year I wasn't sure how well they would do. Slovakia will at least get to beat up on Kazakstan and maybe hold their own vs Switzerland or a sleeping Finland. Bjornfot would have been the 6th Swedish dman to be drafted and at that point you may as well take a chance on a top two from Germany or top four from Russia.

I was really tempted to take Switzerlands goalie, but with Rodrigue seemingly the 3rd man now I decided to take a chance with Hofer and hope they split games.

Good enough team. It should beat the odd team or has the chance at least. Yeah I like Sokolov but I as well had to lay low on the super pool. I as well saw 5 Swedish d taken so whay is one more to add for Bjornfot, he should beat one or 2 of those swedish d for points due to minutes but who knows.

Cheers to a decent leftovers team anyway :cheers:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Now that everyone is finalized who was that sleeper?

With the information that is out there, and the scoring summaries to go off of, I think Zac Jones will retain PP#2 duties for the USA.

That being said, the USA's lineup has been a scramble through pre-tourney.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
With the information that is out there, and the scoring summaries to go off of, I think Zac Jones will retain PP#2 duties for the USA.

That being said, the USA's lineup has been a scramble through pre-tourney.
Right, I did see his name come up a couple times

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Good enough team. It should beat the odd team or has the chance at least. Yeah I like Sokolov but I as well had to lay low on the super pool. I as well saw 5 Swedish d taken so whay is one more to add for Bjornfot, he should beat one or 2 of those swedish d for points due to minutes but who knows.

Cheers to a decent leftovers team anyway :cheers:

I don’t need to win, I just need to beat @jumptheshark ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I have a feeling people who loaded up on Swedes and Finns are going to be happy given the disparity between pools.

This is the hope. I went for favourable matchups this year, hoping I can gain enough ground in the prelims.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
In regards to the draft...

That goalie run started quick. Felt I had to pounce on Annunen where I did. Drafted defenseman a bit earlier then I was expecting but I didn't have many forwards left that I valued higher. Robertson, Lundqvist, and Soderstrom were the last three names on my list for a couple rounds there. I hate my Hayton pick looking back at it.

Side note... Bodog has Cole Caufield at +800 to lead the tourney in goal scoring. Extra cash to start the new year :sarcasm:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Explaining my picks:

Spencer Knight - I had him ranked 2nd, only behind Lafreniere. I was thrilled to get him, he was my only goalie pick who felt extremely safe.
Rasmus Kupari - I'm hoping he feasts on the bad teams in his pool. I heavily considered Veleno or Cozens here, who will have nice tourneys.
Oliver Wahlstrom - I was considering Sandin (gone earlier) or Podkolzin and he got snatched the pick before mine. Wahlstrom was a no-brainer then.
Trevor Zegras - He's now just a sleeper based on weird line combos. I thought about Heinola here, who went next pick.
Jonatan Berggren - All the guys I was considering went (Holtz, Kaliyev, Brink) and Berggren was next on my list, who I love as a prospect.
Nick Robertson - There were great D I wanted (Seider, Miller, Soderstrom) but I was in shock Robertson was still available and just had to.
Jacob Bernard-Docker - Now desperate for D, at least he's playing 2nd pair on a team I'll be watching a lot of.
Anttoni Honka - Great pro numbers this year and he looked great in pre-tourney for Finland.
Kim Nousianen - it was between him, Zamula and Jordan Harris - went with the guy in the weaker pool.

Who I agreed with on Team Leftovers?

Bokk, Morozov, Drury, Okuliar, Harris

Who wasn't on my Team Leftovers but I like as picks?

Berni, Hofer, Cajkovic

Guys who were missed from that team:

Jakub Lauko may be the best forward for the Czechs aside from Jenik and he would have made tons of sense.

I know the Swedish D is stacked, but Tobias Bjornfot should have been picked in this draft.

I also like Soli do believe in Zac Jones as a sleeper, he showed his heavy shot already that broke the glass.

Net is a really tough one there. I may have gone with Hollenstein for the Swiss but the upside is much greater if Hofer turns it on.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Explaining my picks:

Spencer Knight - I had him ranked 2nd, only behind Lafreniere. I was thrilled to get him, he was my only goalie pick who felt extremely safe.
Rasmus Kupari - I'm hoping he feasts on the bad teams in his pool. I heavily considered Veleno or Cozens here, who will have nice tourneys.
Oliver Wahlstrom - I was considering Sandin (gone earlier) or Podkolzin and he got snatched the pick before mine. Wahlstrom was a no-brainer then.
Trevor Zegras - He's now just a sleeper based on weird line combos. I thought about Heinola here, who went next pick.
Jonatan Berggren - All the guys I was considering went (Holtz, Kaliyev, Brink) and Berggren was next on my list, who I love as a prospect.
Nick Robertson - There were great D I wanted (Seider, Miller, Soderstrom) but I was in shock Robertson was still available and just had to.
Jacob Bernard-Docker - Now desperate for D, at least he's playing 2nd pair on a team I'll be watching a lot of.
Anttoni Honka - Great pro numbers this year and he looked great in pre-tourney for Finland.
Kim Nousianen - it was between him, Zamula and Jordan Harris - went with the guy in the weaker pool.

Who I agreed with on Team Leftovers?

Bokk, Morozov, Drury, Okuliar, Harris

Who wasn't on my Team Leftovers but I like as picks?

Berni, Hofer, Cajkovic

Guys who were missed from that team:

Jakub Lauko may be the best forward for the Czechs aside from Jenik and he would have made tons of sense.

I know the Swedish D is stacked, but Tobias Bjornfot should have been picked in this draft.

I also like Soli do believe in Zac Jones as a sleeper, he showed his heavy shot already that broke the glass.

Net is a really tough one there. I may have gone with Hollenstein for the Swiss but the upside is much greater if Hofer turns it on.

I would have gone with portillo myself.

Also knazko....mysak....pytlick....akil thomas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad