OT: 2019-20 World Junior Championships Draft

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I agree to that.

I have one defenseman left on my list in particular that I feel could outscore some of the defenders taken.

Also... since it’s Team Leftover... I get to make my Lundell replacement before THC finalizes his roster right? ;)

Usually team left over is made up right after all rosters are finalized

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I agree to that.

I have one defenseman left on my list in particular that I feel could outscore some of the defenders taken.

Also... since it’s Team Leftover... I get to make my Lundell replacement before THC finalizes his roster right? ;)

Considering my last pick, I would have loved to have heard this mystery D-man ahead of time :laugh:

Is this the first time it took so long for a canadian goalie to be taken and the fact he may not even be the starter?

2018-19: Michael DiPietro, round 3
2017-18: Carter Hart, round 2
2016-17: Carter Hart, round 2
2015-16: Mason McDonald, round 5
2014-15: Zach Fucale, round 1
2013-14: Jake Paterson, round 6
2012-13: Malcolm Subban, round 1

2019-20: Nico Daws, round 5

In years where a Canadian goalie was taken in round 3 or later, they didn't medal. (I only had since the 2012-13 season to find that)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Considering my last pick, I would have loved to have heard this mystery D-man ahead of time :laugh:

In years where a Canadian goalie was taken in round 3 or later, they didn't medal. (I only had since the 2012-13 season to find that)

I forgot I took Fucale in the first round,

There is a players who's reputation took a beating in these games. Went from being a guy many had as a sure fire starter to a guy who is stuck in the ECHL. Vegas now owns his rights

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Paterson, Fucale and McDonald are all in the ECHL

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
se.png
kz.png
fi.png
sk.png
us.png
ca.png
ru.png
dk.png
cz.png
ch.png

13th Annual HFOil WJHC Draft | 2020
JT Shark Boy am I going to suck this year -

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
F**Cole Caufield-
us.png
--
F**Matias Macelli -
fi.png
--
F** Raphael Lavoie-
ca.png
--
F**Patrick Puistola -
fi.png
--
F**Dawon Mercer-
ca.png
--
D**Ty Smith-
ca.png
--
D**Jared McIsaac -
ca.png
--
D**Niko Goss -
ch.png
-
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
**Nico Daws-
ca.png
---
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
se.png
kz.png
fi.png
sk.png
us.png
ca.png
ru.png
dk.png
cz.png
ch.png

13th Annual HFOil WJHC Draft | 2020
»»-¤- Czech Yo'self -¤-««

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
FJan Jenik
cz.png
---
FQuinton Byfield
ca.png
---
FVasili Podkolzin
ru.png
---
FBobby Brink
us.png
---
FTy Dellandrea
ca.png
---
DMartin Hugo Has
cz.png
---
DVille Heinola
fi.png
---
DJamie Drysdale
ca.png
---
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
Lukas Dostal
cz.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I only counted 6 goalies? Does everyone have a goalie.
(yes I gave up checking)

Edit; i redoubled my efforts. Everyone has a goalie.

Team leftovers will destroy.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I only counted 6 goalies? Does everyone have a goalie.
(yes I gave up checking)

Edit; i redoubled my efforts. Everyone has a goalie.

Team leftovers will destroy.
I might change my goalie choice depending on how things go today. Do we want to set a time where rosters are officially finalized so THC can select his team?

This will be a fascinating year. Given how weak the one pool is, I feel like loading up on players from there may have been the smart play. I took Miller over Lundkvist - I’m curious to see how that plays out.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I might change my goalie choice depending on how things go today. Do we want to set a time where rosters are officially finalized so THC can select his team?

This will be a fascinating year. Given how weak the one pool is, I feel like loading up on players from there may have been the smart play. I took Miller over Lundkvist - I’m curious to see how that plays out.

Yeah you're probably right.

I thought about Bergrren and wanted Kupari. Either than that I didnt know much about the forwards aside from Olufsson....who isnt playing. Hopefully that group goes into trap hell.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I have my replacement selection in mind. Hopefully I won’t have to name him ;)

You will have to.

Anton Lundell has been confirmed to NOT be playing this year's World Juniors. It was just announced on Finnish TV.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I will make the thread to post the rosters in as every pick has been made. Why don't we set a deadline for changing rosters at December 25 at 8:00pm. At that point, THC can finalize his roster (he can likely plan it right now as I don't anticipate many picks changing). Does that work for everyone?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I will make the thread to post the rosters in as every pick has been made. Why don't we set a deadline for changing rosters at December 25 at 8:00pm. At that point, THC can finalize his roster (he can likely plan it right now as I don't anticipate many picks changing). Does that work for everyone?

Im good to go unless someone is cut outright. I will die in the bed i made.

I expect Sweden will shatter my dreams in true viking fashion.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I thought we could only change a player if injured or cut?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I thought we could only change a player if injured or cut?
We’ve said in the past we can change a player prior to the first game being played. There isn’t really an “advantage” to it, and it keeps the draft moving in the late rounds so people don’t stall.

At the same time, I don’t anticipate there being many if any changes (I think I’m good with my team).

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We’ve said in the past we can change a player prior to the first game being played. There isn’t really an “advantage” to it, and it keeps the draft moving in the late rounds so people don’t stall.

At the same time, I don’t anticipate there being many if any changes (I think I’m good with my team).

So we can switch up picks now if we like even if no injury? If so I may consider it up...never knew that either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad