OT: 2019-20 World Junior Championships Draft

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I thought that as well. I never heard of it before.
I might be misremembering from past years - can anyone else recall? I don’t see the harm in allowing re-picks post draft - you’re picking a guy who everyone else passed on and ditching a guy you used a pick to draft.

Thoughts? I can’t imagine many people would want to do this outside of many a few 9th round picks.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I might be misremembering from past years - can anyone else recall? I don’t see the harm in allowing re-picks post draft - you’re picking a guy who everyone else passed on and ditching a guy you used a pick to draft.

Thoughts? I can’t imagine many people would want to do this outside of many a few 9th round picks.

You picked your guy so you should stick with him. Things can happen of course, a guy gets bumped down to the 3rd or 4th line meaning less minutes and same goes for defence pairings. Vice-versa as well.

Goalies of course is the big one as a goalie you pick can change due to thier play as well.

It should be a team only makes a replacement pick if an injury occurs or he gets cut from the team.

Otherwise it is a big free for all at the end of the draft which of course is not fair if a team switches up a bad selection to try to improve their team. As they never looked deep enough into their selections. It should be you go with the guys you go with and be content on your selections.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

As I stated==I thought it was only due to injuries or a player being cut--not buyers remorse that allowed adds or drops

in my case it looks like I drafted the third stringer for team Canada--but I am stuck with him--if he was injured and out--then we I could drop him and grab someone else

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I might decide to change my Shane Pinto pick since he was the last forward taken... Heh. I still have a Lundell pick to make a substitution for.

IIRC, nobody has made a replacement pick for a player that wasn't cut.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I might decide to change my Shane Pinto pick since he was the last forward taken... Heh. I still have a Lundell pick to make a substitution for.

IIRC, nobody has made a replacement pick for a player that wasn't cut.

Pinto made the team though?

:dunno:

Unless that is sarcasm?

:confused:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He was the last forward pick... So like... kinda sorta... still on the clock!

I do not understand?

I thought I made the final pick of the draft so the draft is complete minus the players who are cut or injured ...which I think is only Anton Lundell at the moment??

So I made the last defenceman pick so I can change him now too?? Why not let the second last person who picked a forward change him also? or everyone change their last forward pick if they want.

Why not everyone do a re draft then? :laugh:

Although Pinto is a good pick I do not care if you change him only because he is a good pick....although I fail to comprehend.

Next time Soli be prepared, study up on the tournament and players so you are all content with your team. :laugh:

Anyway tell us all who you want to switch the pick to then?

Although you still need to change your Lundell pick yes.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I do not understand?

I thought I made the final pick of the draft so the draft is complete minus the players who are cut or injured ...which I think is only Anton Lundell at the moment??

So I made the last defenceman pick so I can change him now too?? Why not let the second last person who picked a forward change him also? or everyone change their last forward pick if they want.

Why not everyone do a re draft then? :laugh:

Although Pinto is a good pick I do not care if you change him only because he is a good pick....although I fail to comprehend.

Next time Soli be prepared, study up on the tournament and players so you are all content with your team. :laugh:

Anyway tell us all who you want to switch the pick to then?

Although you still need to change your Lundell pick yes.

I'm just coming off of a fantasy football championship victory, I've been on full tilt since Friday. This lil tourney of ours is my fix now. I'm going to scrutinize every draft choice I make until I complete the three-peat. :D

Reactions: lakai17

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Also... seeing everyones tables makes me sad.

I immediately knew I had copy/pasted it wrong, and I feel shame.

Also, to answer the changing picks question - I've looked at only the last five drafts and there was one change that wasn't an injury or cut replacement - Cerebral had the 2nd last pick of the draft and asked to change out Greenway for Rasanen and we said yes to it in 2016-17. However, in that case, Cerebral was the last person in the draft who needed a forward and made the change pre Team Leftovers.

Based on that precedent though, Soli did take the last forward of the draft (Pinto) and Cerebral did take the last goalie of the draft (Hane).

Last edited:
Reactions: Soli

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I'm just coming off of a fantasy football championship victory, I've been on full tilt since Friday. This lil tourney of ours is my fix now. I'm going to scrutinize every draft choice I make until I complete the three-peat. :D

That is great you are on full tilt.

Even though some of us do not help ourselves with bad selections we can not have you doing a three-peat, that makes you look good and us look pathetic. :laugh:

I do not care about Pinto but if it was a worse player I would haha. Only because he does take you over the top.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I forgot to post this regarding brink;

"Much like a chess player manipulates his pieces to set-up traps for his opponent; Brink does the same with his deception" Hockeyprospect.com 2019

Like....what is this?

Who wrote this?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
When I put the proper flag in I lose a line

Touch very little.

Replace the "**" with a player name.

Replace the "-" with a number for goals/assists

Replace only two letters in front of ".png" in the

ww.sic-info.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/de.png

ca
us
if
se
de
etc.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
se.png
kz.png
fi.png
sk.png
us.png
ca.png
ru.png
de.png
cz.png
ch.png

13th Annual HFOil WJHC Draft | 2020
»»-¤- Leftover Spoiling -¤-««

PositionPlayer NameNationalityGoalsAssistsPoints
F**
cz.png
---
F**
cz.png
---
F**
cz.png
---
F**
cz.png
---
F**
cz.png
---
D**
cz.png
---
D**
cz.png
---
D**
cz.png
---
Goalie NameNationalityWinsShutoutsOT/SOLPoints
cz.png
----
Grand Total:--
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'll draft my team once the rosters have been finalized.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We still waiting for Russia to make cuts or what? Let's settle it up boys.

What we waiting for? Christmas? :laugh:

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
When I won my only time I selected at #8. That is a feat alone.

Hoping we have a tight race to the finish line boys!

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
When I won my only time I selected at #8. That is a feat alone.

Hoping we have a tight race to the finish line boys!

I find the later drafted teams tended to have a better balanced team overall. Sure the first overalls can get 1 player that can take over the entire tournament (closes I can was when I drafted first with Tarasenko in 2011 iirc), but he was the majority of my points. You are basically stuck waiting for the 3rd round before you get to pick again. Where the 8th pick gets a couple of players that could have gone in the first round.

Reactions: lakai17

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I find the later drafted teams tended to have a better balanced team overall. Sure the first overalls can get 1 player that can take over the entire tournament (closes I can was when I drafted first with Tarasenko in 2011 iirc), but he was the majority of my points. You are basically stuck waiting for the 3rd round before you get to pick again. Where the 8th pick gets a couple of players that could have gone in the first round.

Why I also like having a leftovers team here, nice to see leftovers finish with more points than any team if possible.

I hope to see your team leftovers finish better than last place. :cheers:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Why I also like having a leftovers team here, nice to see leftovers finish with more points than any team if possible.

I hope to see your team leftovers finish better than last place. :cheers:

I beat a couple last year iirc, but that was because of Philip Kurashev. I enjoyed being the leftovers last year. Gave me a reason to watch the games I might have normally ignored like Switzerland vs Denmark.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Team Soli retains Shane Pinto, releases Anton Lundell, and selects forward Lenni Killinen (FIN).

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Team Soli retains Shane Pinto, releases Anton Lundell, and selects forward Lenni Killinen (FIN).
And with that, THC should be good to select Team Leftovers. Good luck tomorrow morning all! Ghostbuster hasn't posted in the Scoring thread yet - is it possible to create a post for him so we can start using that thread?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
And with that, THC should be good to select Team Leftovers. Good luck tomorrow morning all! Ghostbuster hasn't posted in the Scoring thread yet - is it possible to create a post for him so we can start using that thread?

I'll give something a try here in a second, but I need to finalize my roster....this is giving me sooooo much anxiety :laugh:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Lemme try and dupe a GB post.

EDIT: nevermind, THC got to it. Cerebral I'm gonna dupe a post of yours a timestamp earlier so that you retain OP status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad