2019-20 Utica Comets

Status
Not open for further replies.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
End of first. Shots are 9-8 Utica and the score a pleasing 3-0. The most dangerous lead in hockey! Liking Rafferty so far. Baertschi starting to look comfortable. Dipietro, whom I am not a huge fan of, has looked solid. Might have to reevaluate my expectations of him. Really liking the early look Comets!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Goldy has elite level vision.....I really wish the Canucks would just turn him loose and live with his mistakes....but I guess they'd rather employ plumbers like Schaller, Motte, Beagle and Sutter. But if they'd just roll the dice and stick Goldy on that line with Pettersson and Boeser, then they could move Miller to prop up scoring on another line. But not likely to ever happen I guess.

And if this keeps up, I'd love to someday see a fourth line in VanCity with MacEwen and Bailey on the wings...big, fast and truculent.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Goldy has elite level vision.....I really wish the Canucks would just turn him loose and live with his mistakes....but I guess they'd rather employ plumbers like Schaller, Motte, Beagle and Sutter. But if they'd just roll the dice and stick Goldy on that line with Pettersson and Boeser, then they could move Miller to prop up scoring on another line. But not likely to ever happen I guess.

And if this keeps up, I'd love to someday see a fourth line in VanCity with MacEwen and Bailey on the wings...big, fast and truculent.

Or try Goldy with Horvat and Pearson.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

The Goldy experience has been going on for almost two seasons, here’s the problem. He can dangle his away into the offensive zone no problem, but 9/10 he will turn the puck over after the zone entry because he panics once there are more than one player marking him.

I get that he looks amazing in the ahl due to more space and time to make decision, but it’s the same thing with Boucher, no matter how great they look in the minor, their weakness get badly exploit in the nhl.

Some players are just career AHL/KHL stars not because they don’t have the hands for NHL, but because their brains doesn’t respond fast enough for the NHL

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour

People calling for Goldy and i agree he has plenty of skill however even if he is given a shot do u really think he is the type of player that is going to excel (or even exist adequately) in the playoffs? From what I've seen so far of him I reallllly realllly doubt it.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Charlotte controlled the period overall but Utica capitalizes for the shorty. 4-0 Utica at the end of 2. The Checkers will be starting the 3rd with a full PP. Big kill to stifle any momentum Charlotte may gain from it. Just don't sit back and let the play come. I do not agree with letting ones foot of the pedal. The Utica D is moving the puck well. The biggest improvement over last year?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
How's OJ looking? Is his game starting to round into shape? Is he being a bit more dynamic with his skating yet? (sounds as if reading comments his explosiveness is lacking a bit atm most likely from his injuries).
It's been a recent (two games) development but he is soldifying defensively which is the most important, and for me at least the most unlikely element of his game that needed urgent development. I'm talking defending the attack two on three, one on one, in the corners, net front etc. It's just very encouraging.

But no, the skating is about the same, just okay.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
How's OJ looking? Is his game starting to round into shape? Is he being a bit more dynamic with his skating yet? (sounds as if reading comments his explosiveness is lacking a bit atm most likely from his injuries).

He has made some really nice defensive plays so far. Still looking for that extra foot speed which I think is effecting his offense the most. Seem to recall him having a nice hit in the corner in tonites game. Slowly getting more physically involved. His passes have always been crisp and that continues. I suspect it will be closer to mid season before we see what OJ has. Back to back serious injuries and loss development is not an easy hill to climb back from. I imagine he is playing with an extra dose of caution. Confidence will be his battle. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad