2019-20 USNTDP U17 Team

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah, sure, it’s just that everything I’ve read has Raty, Guenther, and Roy as the cream of the forward crop right now, which is why I was interested that the one fellow believed that Lucius would go first overall.

Even with your list of Roy, Raty and Geunther. There's kids like Otthman, Stankoven, Lucius, Hughes, Macdonald, Wong, Reynolds, Sillinger, Myklukha, Stringer, Whynot, Lambos, Duke, Power, Chayka, Pustajov, Wallstedt. Plus who knows who comes out of Russia at this point. This class has a tonne of talent from all over the place but no one has truly separated themselves from the pack yet.

Raty will get Finnish hype because Finnish kids always do around here. Guenther's hype is heavily tied to Savoie. Roy is getting a lot of hype from Quebec.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
One player that made the team to possibly keep an eye on, to see if he does actually play for team is - Colby Saganiuk.

He was drafted by Erie in todays OHL Draft - it would keep him local, as he now plays in Pittsburgh. He's been long thought of as a possible OHL player....

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
One player that made the team to possibly keep an eye on, to see if he does actually play for team is - Colby Saganiuk.

He was drafted by Erie in todays OHL Draft - it would keep him local, as he now plays in Pittsburgh. He's been long thought of as a possible OHL player....

It's probably more of a destination post-NTDP, which is what Erie is thinking:

Saganiuk is tiny - 5'5 and 151 - so the NTDP is a great place to focus on physical development (beyond the hopes of growth spurt) while keeping all his future options open.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Just curious what position is the strongest on this team? Seems like a very deep team.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Are there any hyped Americans that are going to be coming up through the program that could potentially challenge for 1st overall in the 2020,2021 and 2022 drafts?

Luke mittelstadt although it doesn't appear he is going the NTDP route now! he will likely be playing his draft year at University of Minnesota if he can get there with the schooling, although Minnesota isn't the most strict in this regard compared to other BigTen Schools.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Yeah, sure, it’s just that everything I’ve read has Raty, Guenther, and Roy as the cream of the forward crop right now, which is why I was interested that the one fellow believed that Lucius would go first overall.
I said that it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he went first overall. I don't even know if Minnesota has a past comparison for him at the youth level and he's done things in the local Bantam Elite League and also this winter that are unprecedented. There's a chance that he is just a early bloomer and will fizzle out, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad