2019-20 UEFA Europa League

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
One of Inters worst stretches of the game has been this period of time added on

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I, for one, see great pressing, playing high and 0 shot conceded. To each their own.

Anyway, happy for Ever Banega.
Clearly both were going on. They were playing well to contain the game, but they were also hitting the pitch every chance they got and wasting time.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I, for one, see great pressing, playing high and 0 shot conceded. To each their own.

Anyway, happy for Ever Banega.

I'm not saying they didn't play well and didn't deserve the win. I'm talking about how every time an Inter player gets within a foot of them they drop like they're shot by a sniper and then roll around on the ground for 30 seconds to waste time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wasting time is a staple this is a final after grueling match. What do people expect?

Anyway respect to this team. Respect to their coach who got written of after his Madrid stint. Kings of this tournament.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Thank God English clubs never dive or waste time.

Anyway, yet another win for Sevilla. They really are the kings of the Europa League. Personnel changes and they keep on winning it. On top of that they had a pretty tough road to the final relative to the competition. Curious to see what happens with Kounde', Carlos or Ocampos. I could even see somebody coming in for Lopetegui.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Conte masterpiece, I don't recall any team going down in the last 20 minutes and doing absolutely SHIT until the final has ended. It takes real skills to give your team zero spark.
Inter back to square one, if I say I didn't expect it, I'd be a liar.

Reactions: maclean

member 305909

I have not really figured out what is the relative worth of this competition. It is obviously inferior to the CL but at which point of the CL does winning the EL compare?

Like, is getting knocked out in the CL quarter-finals the equivalent of winning the EL?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Having just come home and watched the highlights, have to say couldn't have scripted it better - starting off with the Carlos foul on Lukaku and ending it with Carlos putting it in off Lukaku, just :thumbu:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some great story lines on this Sevilla team. Happy for them!

There are. Banega's last match for the club. Navas coming back and now winning it still at 34 years old.

What's really crazy though is Monchi has been there for it all. Every Europa League win, and like I said earlier this after many a change. I can't believe clubs aren't throwing money at Sevilla to get him.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have not really figured out what is the relative worth of this competition. It is obviously inferior to the CL but at which point of the CL does winning the EL compare?

Like, is getting knocked out in the CL quarter-finals the equivalent of winning the EL?

I'd say it depends on the Europa League as silverware vs the CL knockout stages as revenue and it's a personal decision. As a supporter whose club has generally made the QFs or better for years in the CL it's hard to say I'd rather have a Europa League because when you get there your chances are pretty good. However if I didn't expect my team would make it out of the first round of the CL knockout stage I'd probably prefer they were in the Europa League then. Apart from parachuting down to the Europa League though if you're perennially in that competition you're probably not doing that well considering the way the CL is structured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad