Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Use the ignore function instead of having dumb arguments in every thread.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
what's the cost to take david backes off our hands?

It would have to be a first or perhaps an equivalent prospect such as Studnicka. The Ducks have a large amount of dead money on the books already with the Perry buyout and uninsured portion of Kesler's deal. There's just no way I can see Murray being able to sell ownership on taking more unless he can convince them that the return is well worth it.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
It would have to be a first or perhaps an equivalent prospect such as Studnicka. The Ducks have a large amount of dead money on the books already with the Perry buyout and uninsured portion of Kesler's deal. There's just no way I can see Murray being able to sell ownership on taking more unless he can convince them that the return is well worth it.

i doubt sweeney would move studnicka. anyone else could probably be had. good thing about
backes from a $ standpoint is it's mostly a cap hit versus actual money. his salary is only $1M
this year, and $4M next year ($3M + 1M bonus on july 1). probably a lost cause, i assume they are
just gonna ride this out til the deal ends. sweeney hates giving up assets.

Reactions: Getz2noone

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
i doubt sweeney would move studnicka. anyone else could probably be had. good thing about
backes from a $ standpoint is it's mostly a cap hit versus actual money. his salary is only $1M
this year, and $4M next year ($3M + 1M bonus on july 1). probably a lost cause, i assume they are

Perhaps the trade could be made into more of a hockey trade, with the Bruins "overpaying" for one (or more) of the Ducks rentals, in order to also shed Backes. I think both Grant and Deslauriers could help beef up your bottom six for example.

Or maybe the Bruins decide they are willing to go far beyond other offers for someone like Kase or Rakell if it means they can also shed Backes.

Either way, I'd say a 1st seems like fair value heading the Ducks way for the inclusion of Backes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think it makes sense... and if kase was available....maybe something around... i dont think were really openly shopping him tho.

Kase
For
Backes
1st
Prospect or 2 depending on quality

Kinda fixs 2 of bostons needs, get rid of backes and add an offensive punch.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Perhaps the trade could be made into more of a hockey trade, with the Bruins "overpaying" for one (or more) of the Ducks rentals, in order to also shed Backes. I think both Grant and Deslauriers could help beef up your bottom six for example.

Or maybe the Bruins decide they are willing to go far beyond other offers for someone like Kase or Rakell if it means they can also shed Backes.

Either way, I'd say a 1st seems like fair value heading the Ducks way for the inclusion of Backes.

I think it makes sense... and if kase was available....maybe something around... i dont think were really openly shopping him tho.

Kase
For
Backes
1st

i was thinking the same, it makes sense for b's to overpay to get rid of backes if they
are getting something of need in return. we usually don't see that type of creativity
in actual trades though, so probably unlikely. but love the way you guys are thinking.
personally i'd do it in a heartbeat - the b's won't have many more kicks at the can
with the aging core. i'd even take eaves and any other contracts that we could LTIR
or bury in the minors.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019

Kase
For
Backes
1st

Seems to me that if we're sending Kase back there, we need a roster player in return, like Clifton. It should cost them a 1st just to unload Backes; that would mean you're trading Kase for a prospect or 2? No thanks.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Seems to me that if we're sending Kase back there, we need a roster player in return, like Clifton. It should cost them a 1st just to unload Backes; that would mean you're trading Kase for a prospect or 2? No thanks.
I mean it could be a roster player or a 2nd, or whatever. And really it depends on the prospects bruins have a few prospects that would be dressed for us.

Idk that kase is on the table.... so i didnt get too in depth.

Kases value to me right now is prob a 2nd + prospect(b range).... but i think we could try and play it out and see if his value can rise.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I mean it could be a roster player or a 2nd, or whatever. And really it depends on the prospects bruins have a few prospects that would be dressed for us.

Kases value to me right now is prob a 2nd + prospect(b range).... but i think we could try and play it out and see if his value can rise.
Personally, I think Sweeney is gambling that Backes will retire. He doesn’t want to pay what other GMs will want to take on the contract; so send him down to Providence. If he doesn’t report, he can terminate the contract; if he goes, then he gets about $1M of cap relief he can fill with someone on an ELC. And if he retires, then Sweeney gets it all. Still some time to see what Backes decides to do.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Moving kase only makes sense if we can upgrade the d-core. As a thrown in on anything else for picks or whatever would be a waste.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hello, me again (a Pens fan). I don't think this would be "tank" discussion, but if it is please move it to that thread.

Pens GM Jim Rutherford made it sound like he's will to trade their 1st rounder this season to get a top 6 forward. I believe I previously asked about the availability of Rakell and the answer was "it depends". Would either of Silfverberg or Kase (in addition to Rakell) be available for the Penguins 1st rounder in addition to, say, Calen Addison (RHD prospect), and extras?

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Hello, me again (a Pens fan). I don't think this would be "tank" discussion, but if it is please move it to that thread.

Pens GM Jim Rutherford made it sound like he's will to trade their 1st rounder this season to get a top 6 forward. I believe I previously asked about the availability of Rakell and the answer was "it depends". Would either of Silfverberg or Kase (in addition to Rakell) be available for the Penguins 1st rounder in addition to, say, Calen Addison (RHD prospect), and extras?

Silfverberg most likely won't be moved. Management really likes him and he has a modified NTC.

Kase was previously rumored in a trade to Carolina for Faulk, so I could see him being moved, but probably in more of a "hockey deal" instead of for prospects/picks. That said, I would imagine the Ducks would be very interested in Addison and a Penguins 1st rounder. Just not sure both would be enough for Rakell and Kase.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

The price you've suggested (Addison +1st + "extras") might be in the right ballpark for Rakell, but are you asking if we'd include Silfverberg or Kase with Rakell? That would be an extremely wishful proposal.

Other than Getzlaf with his NMC, and the top ELC guys, Silfverberg has to be the least likely forward to be moved. It's imperative to keep some veteran insulation at the top of the lineup, regardless of the direction we're taking. With so many young pieces we need guys who can play against other teams top lines.

It's hard to exactly pinpoint Kase's value, everyone knows he has the upside to be much better than he's shown this season. It may not make sense to move him right now unless the trade brings back a piece that fills a need. B prospects and depth pieces are from being more interesting than what Kase can bring moving forward.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks both of you.

To clarify, I meant only one of Rakell, Silfverberg, or Kase being traded to the Pens.
Id say as far as availability goes

Kase >> Rakell > Silf
but there is prob a pretty decent size cap between kase and rakell, in terms of availability.

I do think Kase will have a lot of calls from teams like the penguins, bruins, oilers, islanders and avalanche

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Id say as far as availability goes

Kase >> Rakell > Silf
but there is prob a pretty decent size cap between kase and rakell, in terms of availability.

I do think Kase will have a lot of calls from teams like the penguins, bruins, oilers, islanders and avalanche

Of course Kase has to be more "available" than the other two, but the demand for him is less since he's injury prone. I do think we should trade silf before rakell due to age.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Of course Kase has to be more "available" than the other two, but the demand for him is less since he's injury prone. I do think we should trade silf before rakell due to age.
Id somewhat disagree … I think their will be a lot of people asking about kase… but they may be trying to buy a bit lower than wed like, due to the injuries.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Id somewhat disagree … I think their will be a lot of people asking about kase… but they may be trying to buy a bit lower than wed like, due to the injuries.

I agree with this. I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of an “argument” that an opposing GM would make. I can’t imagine Kase holds enough value to make any trade worth of for the Ducks.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Moving Rakell would be idiotic imho. Great contract, proven scorer, maybe the best hands on the team, close to our secret captain and quite young.

And that is worth just a low 1st and a solid but not great prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad