Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The two biggest surprises from the showcase were Foote and Fortier. Foote showed improvement last season, scoring 36 goals and 63 points for Kelowna, and his six points led Canada at the showcase. Fortier had three points himself and showcased his blistering wrist shot, even if he wasn’t rewarded for it often. He has the potential to be a surprise scoring threat for Canada. He’s a natural goal-scorer that adds offensive depth to Canada’s roster.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
1. C. Foote
2. N. Foote
3. Katchouk
4. Volkov
5. Raddysh
6. Stephens
7. Fortier
8. Walker
9. Barre-Boulet
10. Cajkovic

THN yearbook top ten

Switching Barre-Boulet and Katchouk would fix a lot about that list. Then just move Walker up a few spots and it’s about right.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
1. C. Foote
2. N. Foote
3. Katchouk
4. Volkov
5. Raddysh
6. Stephens
7. Fortier
8. Walker
9. Barre-Boulet
10. Cajkovic

THN yearbook top ten

Honestly, still a pretty solid prospect group all things considered. Not a lot of sexy high-end names but a lot of guys who should eventually get a cup of coffee, and a lot of potential late-bloomers.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Groulx mentions at the end he's most looking forward to seeing improvement from last seasons rookie group of Foote, Raddysh, Katchouk, and Barre-Boulet.

On Cal Foote: "I think Footer had a good first year, but our expectations for him are huge. We know how good he is, how good he can be."

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hugo Alnefelt made his 2nd start of the preseason on the 23rd and came away with his first win. HV71 wins 3-2 against Czech league team Sparta Prague

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Nah.

I like how the numbers look in person, but it's a big nope from me.

It's got the Lightning logo on the shoulder, which I hate, but intellectually understand.

90's retro is in. I don't get why they didn't keep the teal.

My preferred way of doing sweater unveils is not to hype an unveil. Just keep putting polls up online, have fans do advisory votes on designs, give comments, etc., and then do an in-person event to show the finished product off. (only advisory votes since things can become memes and those have to be overruled sometimes)

The fans will collectively always be smarter than management (and they're the ones buying the replicas). There's not nearly enough upside to the 'surprise' to be worth it, IMO.

edit:

the response online seems largely negative (the correct answer)

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Nah.

I like how the numbers look in person, but it's a big nope from me.

It's got the Lightning logo on the shoulder, which I hate, but intellectually understand.

90's retro is in. I don't get why they didn't keep the teal.

My preferred way of doing sweater unveils is not to hype an unveil. Just keep putting polls up online, have fans do advisory votes on designs, give comments, etc., and then do an in-person event to show the finished product off. (only advisory votes since things can become memes and those have to be overruled sometimes)

The fans will collectively always be smarter than management (and they're the ones buying the replicas). There's not nearly enough upside to the 'surprise' to be worth it, IMO.

edit:

the response online seems largely negative (the correct answer)

I agree it's pretty terrible. Not only did they get rid of the teal they have no black either which were the original colors. Not sure why they decided orange should be the secondary color, they look like the Pheonix Suns on ice.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I agree it's pretty terrible. Not only did they get rid of the teal they have no black either which were the original colors. Not sure why they decided orange should be the secondary color, they look like the Pheonix Suns on ice.
Orange wasn't in the original sweater (which is what it is), it was wisely included coming out of hibernation into the ECHL. It's a perfect complimentary color with both purple and teal (and was in the sun of the original logo so it's not even a stretch, it also fit Orlando, Orange County, Florida).

Black is whatever. It's a functional color like white. The second ECHL uni changed the pants from black to purple. I'd have kept them black, but it's not the biggest deal.

It feels like the team has fought against acknowledging teal (or even wearing purple or their main sweaters) at every turn, so while I'm disappointed, I can't say I'm surprised.

edit: Season 8 of the ECHL Solar Bears:: Season 8 of Game of Thrones

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Something all these prospects/minor league rankings don't take into account is the Solar Bears factor. They usually don't follow the ECHL too close, but having the Solar Bears affiliated automatically put the Lightning into the top 5, maybe even top 3 of all rankings.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

New Crunch general manager Stacy Roest said the first group of players will be assigned to Syracuse on Sept. 22. Because of a professional bull riders event that is swinging through the War Memorial, ice making in that building will be delayed until Sept. 24.

The first few Crunch practices will be held at the Tennity Ice Pavilion at Syracuse University and at Cicero’s Twin Rinks. Syracuse’s first skate at the War Memorial is scheduled for Oct. 2.

Syracuse has two preseason games, both on the road. The Crunch will travel to face the Rochester Americans at the Gene Polisseni Center on the Rochester Institute of Technology campus at 7 p.m. on Sept. 26.
The Crunch will begin its 2019-20 season with a four-game road trip. Syracuse opens at the Rochester Americans on Friday, Oct. 4...

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA

Ice is down at the Onondaga Nation Arena. Ice there is amazing compared to the War Memorial. When Cunneyworth coached the Amerks, he used to practice there from time to time and rant about how good the ice was. Used to say if the seating was on both sides he would love to see them get a semi pro team. Have heard similar comments from members of other organizations about how good the ice is. Crunch do practice there from time to time and several local high school teams play there.
Having ice available is not the issue; having to pay the cost of hosting a home preseason game is and has been for the Crunch organization for several years.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Bears new sweater set is still gross, but hopefully money talks. I'll admit I'm a little less enthused to put myself out there as a Bears fan with these sweaters.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The Bears new sweater set is still gross, but hopefully money talks. I'll admit I'm a little less enthused to put myself out there as a Bears fan with these sweaters.
All solar bear jerseys should come with a large pair of shades

Dn5BrEQUwAA5XXj.jpg

Reactions: Hoek

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
1. C. Foote
2. N. Foote
3. Katchouk
4. Volkov
5. Raddysh
6. Stephens
7. Fortier
8. Walker
9. Barre-Boulet
10. Cajkovic

THN yearbook top ten
I think Raddysh and Katchouk should swap places. Raddysh has a better ceiling in my opinion.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hi all - I'm currently compiling lists of each team board's top prospect rankings. I can't find any kind of poll being done on your board, though. Could someone provide me with some info as to whether it was done and I'm simply missing it, or if it isn't going to be done at all?

Thanks!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Reactions: LatvianTwist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad