Prospect Info: 2019-20 Syracuse Crunch & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Otto Somppi, who had 3 points in the 1st Crunch preseason game, already has a goal and an assist in the 1st period of the 2nd game.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bubble soccer is physical in NA, but I saw a video of it played in like Cardiff and they carefully set up plays, where you can clearly see the soccer influence in how they interpret the game.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Generally speaking, the longer a song is on a record, the more confident an artist/label is that the song is a banger.

C'mon N' Ride It (The Train) is 7:31 long.

and it slaps.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
+ Marcus Vela and Jake Jackson to Orlando via SJ.

Bears camp is going to be a bloodbath. They're at 32 of 23 players without TB/SYR sending any skaters down. 3 skaters are try-outs, and they normally don't make it

Last edited:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
+ Marcus Vela and Jake Jackson to Orlando via SJ.

Bears camp is going to be a bloodbath. They're at 32 of 23 players without TB/SYR sending any skaters down. 3 skaters are try-outs, and they normally don't make it

If Schenn is sent down and passes waivers like it was rumored ... we are looking at:

Masin - Schenn
Gaunce - Foote
Valleau - Thomas

So Crunch are likely to send one or two of Sosunov - Spencer - Snuggerud down to the Bears.

The Forward situation is a bit trickier but looks like a very deep Syracuse squad.

Martel - Mueller - Conacher is an excellent first line down in the AHL.
Volkov - Stephens - Barre-Boulet
Katchouk - Colton - Raddysh

Yan makes the starting lineup ... then pick from this crew:

Ryan Lohin, Abbandonato, Somppi, Lipanov, Shalagin, Huntington ... and Walcott still on the squad I think. Just injured if I'm not mistaken. So maybe Bears getting a few of these guys as well.

Condon and Domingue is an extremely strong duo in the net.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If Schenn is sent down and passes waivers like it was rumored ... we are looking at:

Masin - Schenn
Gaunce - Foote
Valleau - Thomas

So Crunch are likely to send one or two of Sosunov - Spencer - Snuggerud down to the Bears.

The Forward situation is a bit trickier but looks like a very deep Syracuse squad.

Ryan Lohin, Abbandonato, Somppi, Lipanov, Shalagin, Huntington ... and Walcott still on the squad I think. Just injured if I'm not mistaken. So maybe Bears getting a few of these guys as well.

Last year TB didn't send down skaters until like November because of organizational injuries, IIRC.

I'd exclude Abbandonato and Walcott completely from being sent to Orlando unless it's a conditioning-type stint for Walcott. Somppi really seems like he's an AHLer right now.

Lohin and Lipanov probably made the least impression on me through the games I've seen. Huntington and Shalagin are in the tier above. Shalagin has slid a bit.

Spencer, Sosunov, Snuggerud, in order, are the most likely to be assigned, IMO.

It's an unusual camp for Orlando in that it's the first time Drake has had a bunch of returning players, so I don't know how much to factor that in. There needs to be some seperation that takes place over time, and if a few of the new guys can't find the rink, that'll probably be fine too.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Masin - Schenn
Gaunce - Foote
Valleau - Thomas

Switch Schenn and Foote. Foote and Masin isn't a good match, Schenn would allow Guance to be an offensive beast. I also don't like your forward lines, would spread out that top line and have Martel on the 4th.

Volkov - Colton - Raddysh
Barré-Boulet - Mueller - Stephens
Katchouk - Sommpi - Conacher
Martel - Lohin - Yan

Katchouk and Sommpi need to be in the top 9 over Martel. They still have a potential future for Tampa, Martel is going to be in Conacher territory with being not good enough anymore. If Smith gets sent down it's probably so Volkov can come up so switch those two. Colton and Raddysh showed a ton in preseason and should get a chance to be the top line. Having Mueller and ABB will be a dangerous 2nd line with Stephens being the defensive responsible one who can keep up offensively. The 4th line is going to be extremely tight for spots with Orlando getting a good player or two.

And Wedgewood should be the starter.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In a positional breakdown, it becomes clearer where the Orlando cuts happen. I did not include the try-out players.

goalies 4/2
forwards 18/12
defensemen 7/8

There's also an extra spot for a skater for the first 30-days of the season. I included it in neither category.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Pre
Switch Schenn and Foote. Foote and Masin isn't a good match, Schenn would allow Guance to be an offensive beast. I also don't like your forward lines, would spread out that top line and have Martel on the 4th.

Volkov - Colton - Raddysh
Barré-Boulet - Mueller - Stephens
Katchouk - Sommpi - Conacher
Martel - Lohin - Yan

Katchouk and Sommpi need to be in the top 9 over Martel. They still have a potential future for Tampa, Martel is going to be in Conacher territory with being not good enough anymore. If Smith gets sent down it's probably so Volkov can come up so switch those two. Colton and Raddysh showed a ton in preseason and should get a chance to be the top line. Having Mueller and ABB will be a dangerous 2nd line with Stephens being the defensive responsible one who can keep up offensively. The 4th line is going to be extremely tight for spots with Orlando getting a good player or two.

And Wedgewood should be the starter.

I'm mostly going off last game's preseason lineup. Nothing scientific about the lines.

Gaunce - Foote
Masin - Snuggerud
Sonsunov - Spencer

Insert Valleau (L) and Thomas (R) as third pairing. Insert Schenn for Snuggerud.

Insert Martel - Mueller - Conacher as one line since none of them played yesterday.
Yan - Stephens - ABB (Insert Volkov instead of Yan)
Katchouk - Colton - Raddysh - was the second line last game
Yan - X - X (Yan comes down to Fourth line).

For what it's worth ... Groulx had this as the fourth line: Somppi - Lohin - Abbandonato

Play with the lines as you wish ...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

AHLtv and hockeytv.com have a shared login, so don't get confused if you sign up for an account, but your e-mail is already used. Don't make this deadly mistake.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Lohin really. Such a waste to have him leave college early just to go to the ECHL. Brian Hart was a much worse player and they at least have him a season in the AHL first.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lohin really. Such a waste to have him leave college early just to go to the ECHL. Brian Hart was a much worse player and they at least have him a season in the AHL first.
Hart split his rookie year between Syracuse and the ECHL (Greenville).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Well he started in the AHL but sucked so bad. I know the depth is much better now which surprises my why have him leave early with this depth?
It was likely a player-driven decision.

I see a lot of USports guys in particular turn down years of CHL scholarship money to play minor league hockey by leaving early.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Damn, Hart is until this day one of the worst drafted players I’ve seen attend Lightning rookie camp. None worse, however, than Salminen. Lohin didnt look bad during preseason ... i think maybe just temporary to get some PT.

This Syracuse Crunch team seems considerably stronger than last year. I’m excited to watch what this team can do.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Damn, Hart is until this day one of the worst drafted players I’ve seen attend Lightning rookie camp. None worse, however, than Salminen. Lohin didnt look bad during preseason ... i think maybe just temporary to get some PT.

This Syracuse Crunch team seems considerably stronger than last year. I’m excited to watch what this team can do.

Come on, the guy was almost PPG in third tier of Germany last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad