2019-20 Roster Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I was expecting NAK to be traded if he didn't make the team. Hopefully he will clear waivers and be a big part of the Phantoms this season.

His trade value is probably nil because he has no NHL track record. If only there had been some way to get him in the roster last year to inflate his value. Alas with the powerhouse bottom 6 we had last year there just wasn't any room.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
His trade value is probably nil because he has no NHL track record. If only there had been some way to get him in the roster last year to inflate his value. Alas with the powerhouse bottom 6 we had last year there just wasn't any room.
NAK could have been called up anytime in the last 2 years tbh, he has earned a shot.

I wonder why two different regimes now have passed over him, maybe there is something we don't know about that is holding him back in the eyes of management?

Who am I kidding, he doesn't have tough guy presence™ so the team just doesn't care about him.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i'm very 'meh' on NAK. he's nothing special. with all the prospects in the system now there just isn't the fit for him with this team. kid should hopefully get a better chance elsewhere.

as for Stewart. he better not make the team. even with injuries he was one of our worst players every game he played. he's a useless plug.

i'm sad Ruby got cut. all eyes on Farabee now. he's gonna need a big game if he's gonna have a shot.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
perhaps management thought if they cut him sooner the chances of him being claimed would be lesser.. That's all i got for making sense of this dumb move.
Agreed and keeping Stewart really has ZERO to do with any other players (at this point until/if he signs) chance of making the team. So why the rush to waive AK? Only thing plausible is what you are saying. If you cut him later other teams rosters would be defined and they would know if they need him. If they pick him up now they must add him to the 23. Can't claim him and then send him down I believe?

Reactions: PhlthyRich

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Basically for 5 years the Flyers have generally had ~3 or so replacement level players in Fwd line-up most of the time... it will be less this year but it SHOULD be none.

Raffl/Laughton should probably be the ~worst fwd. And that is relative, as both are "good" 4th liners/low end 3rd liners.

I remember when they were in the Finals. The Flyers had legit 3rd and 4th line players that did well. We haven't had that since because we keep filling them with trash that shouldn't be in the NHL.

G-Couts-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Twar/Bunny Man

Now that is a really damn good 3rd and 4th line.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
i'm very 'meh' on NAK. he's nothing special. with all the prospects in the system now there just isn't the fit for him with this team. kid should hopefully get a better chance elsewhere.

as for Stewart. he better not make the team. even with injuries he was one of our worst players every game he played. he's a useless plug.

i'm sad Ruby got cut. all eyes on Farabee now. he's gonna need a big game if he's gonna have a shot.
Have you watched the Flyers bottom 6? To say there isn't a fit for a player who plays good defense, transitions well, and can forecheck/skate while carrying a >0 amount of offensive skill is a bit ridiculous. If the logic for not keeping him is that his "role" is filled by Raffl, or that he isn't grindy enough for the 4th line, then the logic is flawed. NAK has outplayed Twarnyski at all times except the past two training camps/preseasons. Putting him on waivers isn't a decision that will make or break this season, it is just unnecessary and another part of the pattern.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

i dont think stewart will make it. god i hope not. Since we have 3 spots open (assuming patrick and pitlick wont be here come opening night), I think twarynski, bunnaman, and one of forst/farabee will make it.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Have you watched the Flyers bottom 6? To say there isn't a fit for a player who plays good defense, transitions well, and can forecheck/skate while carrying a >0 amount of offensive skill is a bit ridiculous. If the logic for not keeping him is that his "role" is filled by Raffl, or that he isn't grindy enough for the 4th line, then the logic is flawed. NAK has outplayed Twarnyski at all times except the past two training camps/preseasons. Putting him on waivers isn't a decision that will make or break this season, it is just unnecessary and another part of the pattern.

Raffl/Laughton/Pitlick should be our 4th line. NAK is ok, but lets not overrate the guy. he's a 4th liner. and for the record, i'm not saying he can't play there, just that there are better options.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It won't surprise me to see them keep all 8 defenseman to start. Friedman drastically outplayed the other two "bench" players -- unless Myers is a platoon player for Hagg, which I'm not even discounting now -- but this was clearly a waivers move if evaluating had any part. It won't surprise me if they try to waive Morin either given the forward situation. I think his game last night was a product of Friedman, but it's shit or get off the pot time for him on this team.

But if they keep 8 defensemen, we have 13 forward spots for the overseas trip. That doesn't seem great. So, I don't know. This is a plausible lineup, if Frost isn't playing center.....but then we are still missing a starter and a bench player (maybe the guy you just waived?):

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Hayes-Voracek
JVR-Laughton-Pitlick
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twarynski
Stewart

They know better than us where Pitlick stands. But they will roster him, if he's good to go. I'd be a little surprised to see Farabee stick given his ELC slide status, and they won't sit him. Frost they can still take, if he's healthy. Patrick could go on IR or something. It's entirely possible they do plan to sign Stewart and slot him in as the 13th, if they want Bunnaman and Twarynski (Bunnaman is the only healthy center left). Then waive Stewart at a later point. What a mess. Why was NAK not just kept as the 13th? Reasons.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Basically for 5 years the Flyers have generally had ~3 or so replacement level players in Fwd line-up most of the time... it will be less this year but it SHOULD be none.

Raffl/Laughton should probably be the ~worst fwd. And that is relative, as both are "good" 4th liners/low end 3rd liners.
Definitely seemed like it based off the eye test.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
just a stop gap until patrick is back. Easier for a wing to come in than to throw frost in 3c rn is my guess.

i'd rather see Frost as Patrick's 3C replacement, but with his injury that doesn't look likely at this point.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Frost either makes it at center or not at all. If they wanted him at rw, they would've played him at least one game. So the two rw is up for farabee, twars, bunn man. Other center option is for frost or bunn man? October cant come sooner lol

Reactions: AnimalFear

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
i'd rather see Frost as Patrick's 3C replacement, but with his injury that doesn't look likely at this point.
ya i think he would've gotten it but that injury might set him back. Hopefully he can come back quick. They still need to carry an extra forward too. Last year seidenberg was carried with islanders on a try out and didn't sign with them until february..he never played with them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad