2019-20 Roster Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That simply doesn't add up.
If you presume the two UFA years would cost $9M, then we're talking $58M for 8 or 7.25M a year.
So he must have his numbers confused.

Or they wanted more in exchange for hitting UFA at 30 instead of 28. If you think you're what most of the fanbase thinks he is, I'd understand that ask completely.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or they wanted more in exchange for hitting UFA at 30 instead of 28. If you think you're what most of the fanbase thinks he is, I'd understand that ask completely.

Nah, still doesn't make sense, if UFA years are worth $9M 5 years out, two more years can't be worth $12+M each.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Hayes-Lindblom
Farabee-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Stewart
Piclick

Provy-Niskanen
Sanheim-Braun
Ghost-Myers
Morin
Hagg

Hart
Elliott

Thats my final prediction for the roster. I think Stewart is going to at least start with the team. Theyll carry 8 D bc they wont have the balls to cut Hagg. Frost will impress but not enough for them. Him n rubby will be up at some point.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
AE56094A-4306-4F40-A960-F4A8C3AC6612.jpeg

Lindblom looks scared

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Flyers now have 12.9M for next year's cap (if it doesn't go up). If Hagg is not around, we would have to pay for Patrick, Lindblom and Myers. I could see Niskanen and/or Ghost traded to make some more room.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Flyers now have 12.9M for next year's cap (if it doesn't go up). If Hagg is not around, we would have to pay for Patrick, Lindblom and Myers. I could see Niskanen and/or Ghost traded to make some more room.
STOP WITH THIS FOR GOD SAKE!

But I'm glad that Ghost will have bounce-back season and stays for sure.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I highly highly doubt Patrick, Lindblom, AND Myers will be more than that.

They’d all have to have breakout seasons to require more than 3million.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It will go up minimum $1.5 - 3 million.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
It will go up minimum $1.5 - 3 million.
I was playing NHL 19 (this must’ve been a glitch), but the cap shot up like 10-12 million one year.

Wish that was real life. I also had like 4 franchise players that needed to be resigned too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was playing NHL 19 (this must’ve been a glitch), but the cap shot up like 10-12 million one year.

Wish that was real life. I also had like 4 franchise players that needed to be resigned too.

That might be real life in 2 years depending on new TV deal.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
So somewhere around 15-17 million isn’t enough to sign those 3 players plus 2 elc contracts and sandstrom ?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If we have to play Stewart , can he please play on Patrick’s right wing? Can Patrick constantly pass the puck to him as well? I want to hear Patrick Stewart as many times as possible if he has to be in the lineup.

The problem would be stewart actually receiving a bass without mucking it up.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Obviously, the first exhibition game is somewhat less than definitive, but it certain gave you a sense of why Fletcher made some additions:

Braun - boy did he take flak this offseason, then goes out and shows he's exactly what Fletcher said he was, a smart, disciplined veteran defenseman who still has legs. He's not going to make many flashy plays, but he's going to be a big upgrade over most of the defensemen we've seen since 2011. How many good defensive defensemen have the Flyers had since Kimmo broke down? Gudas is a solid 3rd D-man, but he can't move like Braun and he doesn't have great defensive instincts.

Hayes - he's exactly as advertised, again, not flashy, but sorta mini-Couts, big, smart, disciplined, solid on the PK, can control the puck in the O-zone, a decent but not great skater, big forward who doesn't maul people but uses his reach on defense, and his size to protect the puck on offense.

Throw in Niskanen and this off-season makes perfect sense.
Flyers were a bad defensive team last year, both the defense and the forwards.
Hayes will help stabilize the forward core, with Couts and Lindblom and Farabee when he's ready, balancing the offense first guys like JVR, Voracek and TK.
Braun and Niskanen will be veteran anchors for a talented but inexperienced defensive group.

It's nice when players actually look like the guys described in the post-deal hype.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Obviously, the first exhibition game is somewhat less than definitive, but it certain gave you a sense of why Fletcher made some additions:

Braun - boy did he take flak this offseason, then goes out and shows he's exactly what Fletcher said he was, a smart, disciplined veteran defenseman who still has legs. He's not going to make many flashy plays, but he's going to be a big upgrade over most of the defensemen we've seen since 2011. How many good defensive defensemen have the Flyers had since Kimmo broke down? Gudas is a solid 3rd D-man, but he can't move like Braun and he doesn't have great defensive instincts.

Hayes - he's exactly as advertised, again, not flashy, but sorta mini-Couts, big, smart, disciplined, solid on the PK, can control the puck in the O-zone, a decent but not great skater, big forward who doesn't maul people but uses his reach on defense, and his size to protect the puck on offense.

Throw in Niskanen and this off-season makes perfect sense.
Flyers were a bad defensive team last year, both the defense and the forwards.
Hayes will help stabilize the forward core, with Couts and Lindblom and Farabee when he's ready, balancing the offense first guys like JVR, Voracek and TK.
Braun and Niskanen will be veteran anchors for a talented but inexperienced defensive group.

It's nice when players actually look like the guys described in the post-deal hype.
HAHAHAHAHA sucks being right all the time hey but lets play the kids who haved showed nothing so far.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
HAHAHAHAHA sucks being right all the time hey but lets play the kids who haved showed nothing so far.
I mean if we’re gonna crown ourselves after a 3-1 loss in the first game of preseason...

They are a better team than last year, how much better is going to be determined by the progression of our young guys though. Everyone can go back and forth on how much better Braun and niskanen are than gudas and hagg/Macdonald, but they are known quantities. Same with Hayes. But we are still largely dependent on the progression of provorov, sanheim, Myers, Patrick and Hart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad