Ratcliffe-Frost-Farabee

Morin-Welinski
Zamula-Myers

Orange lines
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Sushko-Vorobyev-Criscuolo

Ghost-Braun
Millman-Bigras

Interesting they put Lindblom on what would be a 4th line combo, and trying Voracek with JVR and Hayes.
Think they need to look at different combos, when (if) TK reports, they have 10 "top 9" forwards if Farabee sticks, including Laughton.
G - Couts - TK/Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Voracek/Lindblom
Lindblom/Laughton - Patrick - Farabee
Lindblom/Raffl - Laughton/Rubtsov - Raffl/NAK/Stewart/Andreoff

And they'll want a feel where the top AHL prospects would be good fits if they're called up due to injuries (or blowing the AHL away).
I don't think we'll get a feel for the lineup until next weekend.
But right now:
G - Couts
JVR - Hayes
seem set as pairs anchoring the top two lines.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Today's practice:
Bill Meltzer (@billmeltzer) | Twitter

Black lines
Lindblom-Rubtsov-Stewart
Ratcliffe-Frost-Farabee

Morin-Welinski
Zamula-Myers

Orange lines
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Sushko-Vorobyev-Criscuolo

Ghost-Braun
Millman-Bigras

Interesting they put Lindblom on what would be a 4th line combo, and trying Voracek with JVR and Hayes.
Think they need to look at different combos, when (if) TK reports, they have 10 "top 9" forwards if Farabee sticks, including Laughton.
G - Couts - TK/Farabee
JVR - Hayes - Voracek/Lindblom
Lindblom/Laughton - Patrick - Farabee
Lindblom/Raffl - Laughton/Rubtsov - Raffl/NAK/Stewart/Andreoff

And they'll want a feel where the top AHL prospects would be good fits if they're called up due to injuries (or blowing the AHL away).
I don't think we'll get a feel for the lineup until next weekend.
But right now:
G - Couts
JVR - Hayes
seem set as pairs anchoring the top two lines.
It’s way too early in camp to get worked up about line combos

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
i can't wait to meet you and fight y0u so we can further our bond
Lmao. Same, bud. I like you a lot. Even if sometimes we disagree, it never gets personal. If we met in person, we'd most likely get on right off the bat. Some others here, differently, but I'd still buy almost everyone a drink.

Reactions: Jtown and hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lmao. Same, bud. I like you a lot. Even if sometimes we disagree, it never gets personal. If we met in person, we'd most likely get on right off the bat. Some others here, differently, but I'd still buy almost everyone a drink.
Everyone is good cats on here and it would be great for all of us to get together in Philly for a homestand worth the games.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Any way I look at that roster I can't help but think our defense got worse. Hopefully Morin bumps Braun to pressbox.
We got rid of two of the worse D men in the whole league and added player who has been playing top pair minutes in contender + good 4/5 and swapped Gudas to Myers. I just can't see how we got worse?

Reactions: Rebels57

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Vorobyev is screwed. That's 3 straight practices on that line. Also, his likely line for Monday's game. Vorobyev's linemates in last years preseason home opener were 93 and 25. :(

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Vorobyev is screwed. That's 3 straight practices on that line. Also, his likely line for Monday's game. Vorobyev's line in last years preseason home opener was with 93 and 25. :(

He never had a shot at the opening night roster. He needs to just go and dominate in the AHL and take advantage of any chance he gets when called up. Maybe if the Patrick injury does linger into the season, the window could open.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Haven't seen much about Rubtsov, there any indication of how he's doing? Seems like he'd be an ideal 4C although maybe better for his development in the AHL.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Haven't seen much about Rubtsov, there any indication of how he's doing? Seems like he'd be an ideal 4C although maybe better for his development in the AHL.

He looked great in the rookie game but haven't heard anything from camp yet. Doesn't mean he's not holding his own.

Reactions: blinds

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

I really don't want to see this fester. He has a habit of not letting these things go.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in the bottom 6 for awhile (after he gets signed). AV can be vindictive

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

I really don't want to see this fester. He has a habit of not letting these things go.

dog-house-gif.gif

poor TK. and it's only September.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in the bottom 6 for awhile (after he gets signed). AV can be vindictive

He picked on Hayes, and Hayes signed here, Hayes has admitted he needed a good kick to become a two way player.
I think AV won't be "vindictive," but he's seen the film, knows TK needs a lot of work, and is frustrated because he's not in camp.

Even if TK had signed, AV would still be riding him hard to rid him of the bad habits he developed in juniors and hasn't shed in the NHL.

And I think one reason Fletcher doesn't want to give a long-term deal (unless it's team friendly) is that he wants to see how TK responds to AV's coaching.

Reactions: hatcher

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bunny has size and can score, improve his skating and his defense and he has a shot down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad