2019-20 Roster Thread XVI: The season is a marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Anyone see this quote? Interesting choice of words. I wonder if it means anything.

“Hopefully this UBI will leave”

“Leave”? Like maybe a virus?

Could just be nothing though, although I’d expect the word “heal” or something like that if it was a bone or muscle.

I’m really hoping that it’s not concussion related, but that’s sure what it sounds like.

You’re not usually listed week to week with the flu.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I would think his #1 priority in his 1st season as Flyers coach, with all of the pressure to get off to a fast start, will be assembling the best possible lineup. Not at all worried about it.

If they’re winning it won’t matter. It wouldn’t be surprising if this scenario takes place though is all

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Anyone see this quote? Interesting choice of words. I wonder if it means anything.

Could just be nothing though, although I’d expect the word “heal” or something like that if it was a bone or muscle.

Could be another massive zit. Hopefully that's it.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
He never had a shot at the opening night roster. He needs to just go and dominate in the AHL and take advantage of any chance he gets when called up. Maybe if the Patrick injury does linger into the season, the window could open.
It's always good to have a somewhat talented players to call up in case of an injuries. He will get his chances.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
He wouldn’t have been skating for weeks already if it was PCS.

Could be a rib or shoulder injury where any type of contact could upset the healing process.

Broken Rib would make sense as contact would be a no go, and you never really know how long it takes to heal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He wouldn’t have been skating for weeks already if it was PCS.

Could be a rib or shoulder injury where any type of contact could upset the healing process.

My suspicion is a weight lifting injury, maybe a strained shoulder or pec.
Though if he's stick handling and shooting, that makes a shoulder injury unlikely.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

It could also be just his Frenchness shining through.

One of my best friends is a native French speaker with fluent English and every now and again she uses a very strange word contextually!

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The one thing I don’t get would be concussion issues.

It’s unlikely he took a hit this summer so you’ve got lingering effects from last season? Why was he allowed to play then? It’s unlikely that he went without symptoms in March/April and they surfaced in June.

I know the organization is very tight lipped about this stuff but it’s weird to not give any info. Meltzer stated someone from the media asked the Flyers and the team didn’t give an answer.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It could also be just his Frenchness shining through.

One of my best friends is a native French speaker with fluent English and every now and again she uses a very strange word contextually!
Yeah could be.

I just thought it was an odd choice of words and could possibly be a slip of the tongue. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I told you it’s Mono.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
My suspicion is a weight lifting injury, maybe a strained shoulder or pec.
Though if he's stick handling and shooting, that makes a shoulder injury unlikely.

Weight lifting injury would make sense. I hate how vague they have to be. At least when Giroux hurt his hand golfing we knew what to expect.

ETA: Saying the UBI will "leave" does make it sound more like mono or some kind of sickness.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Hate to sound like the grumpy 70 year old fan from south jersey here, but TK hasnt done nearly enough to hold out making big demands going into the regular season. He didnt produce like Nylander did going into his holdout. I can't imagine Chuck hasnt offered something fair based on what Sanheim and Provy got.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Who said he's making big demands?

I love how this is getting blamed on him by people who can't possibly know what's happening between his agent and Fletcher. Don't know what each side wants or what's the point of contention.

Also, people realize TK isn't negotiating himself, right?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Who said he's making big demands?

I love how this is getting blamed on him by people who can't possibly know what's happening between his agent and Fletcher. Don't know what each side wants or what's the point of contention.

Also, people realize TK isn't negotiating himself, right?

All you have said is Fletch over pays everyone, but now it’s TK want 5 mill and Fletch not given it to him ?

Boeser apparently turned down 7, Connor wants 7 +, But you think TK isn’t asking for over 6 on a long term ?

TK hired this agent, at some point these fwds need to move the process along imo.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hate to sound like the grumpy 70 year old fan from south jersey here, but TK hasnt done nearly enough to hold out making big demands going into the regular season. He didnt produce like Nylander did going into his holdout. I can't imagine Chuck hasnt offered something fair based on what Sanheim and Provy got.
Young player is beloved by whole fanbase, enters contract negotiations and fans start to vilify him. Contract gets hashed out and everyone goes back to liking him.

Reactions: DaphneLion

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I will always love TK, but IF he’s asking for over 6 and misses time, our old school coaches will hold it him against him, Just like what happened to Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad