2019-20 Roster Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Give Joey Pavs #8. Because f*** Recchi. Hell, give him an A on his jersey too.

I get your point from the Flyer's perspective through rose-colored glasses but for a 35 year old on his last legs joining any of 16 teams making the playoffs may be more appealing than banking on good will and upside.

Honestly, I don't think he's really slowing down all that much. He's been fantastic the last two seasons and I don't see why he couldn't keep that up. I know he'll be older, but that doesn't mean he won't be good. You make it sound like we'll be paying 8M for 3 years for someone who can't get more than 40 or 50 points. If he stayed healthy this year, he could of had more points than the previous season.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I am torn between adding a vet winger who can pk and keeping a spot open for 1 of the kids to try and earn (frost/farabee).it wouldn't be the worse thing if frost/farabee were the first call up due to an injury

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost/Farabee would be C/LW.
Flyers could use a RW, but I want speed and two way play.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Give Joey Pavs #8. Because **** Recchi. Hell, give him an A on his jersey too.

Honestly, I don't think he's really slowing down all that much. He's been fantastic the last two seasons and I don't see why he couldn't keep that up. I know he'll be older, but that doesn't mean he won't be good. You make it sound like we'll be paying 8M for 3 years for someone who can't get more than 40 or 50 points. If he stayed healthy this year, he could of had more points than the previous season.
I can see Pavelski falling off a cliff.

He’s taken a beating in the last few playoffs. He’ll be 35. He’s had the benefit of world class line mates on a loaded team. He’s small & plays a lot of wing. I have concerns about him carrying a 2nd line at center. Wheels could completely fall off at any point now. Saw it happen with Roenick at 35 & many others. I prefer Hayes at age 27.

Reactions: hatcher

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I forget the GM, but someone with a lot of tenure said this was the busiest month of an offseason they have ever seen in terms of all the talk...

Short term time to admit Rangers will be better than Flyers for next year. Long term Fletch ty for not panicking and renting a player for a year and wasting a 1+.

There’s no chance. They are still rebuilding. They will likely still be trading some pieces. They have no high end NHL players next year. They are not a playoff team.

If we really Flyers are good enough to make at least a round 2 playoff run, then you can make the case based on Trouba trade, that Spurgeon is very getable. Say pick 11 and Hagg for Spurgeon and Minne 2nd. Someone please prove to be that Flyers that good to make this move.

That’s too much based off Trouba.

In review u think a new coach, a nice 2c and a older d-man off the worst year of his life is going to make us a 100 point team? I don't see it. In order for this team to be a 100 point team Hart has to play 60 games as well as last year with no sophomore jinx, Ghost and Provorov must play like 16-17, Patrick makes big jump, Frost contributes, Myers plays like top 4 d man. Maybe we are charmed and everything works out.

This team was not what they showed up for. No team ever is going to lose their head coach and GM mid season and do well. It’s why it doesn’t happen. The team as is next year would be a playoff team. When you add the pieces and coaching they are in line with a top 3 metro spot.

Reactions: Adtar02

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I forget the GM, but someone with a lot of tenure said this was the busiest month of an offseason they have ever seen in terms of all the talk...

There’s no chance. They are still rebuilding. They will likely still be trading some pieces. They have no high end NHL players next year. They are not a playoff team.

That’s too much based off Trouba.

This team was not what they showed up for. No team ever is going to lose their head coach and GM mid season and do well. It’s why it doesn’t happen. The team as is next year would be a playoff team. When you add the pieces and coaching they are in line with a top 3 metro spot.

The first part was cheveldayoff

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad