2019-20 Roster Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The first part was cheveldayoff

Both Cheveldayoff & Doug Wilson have said there’s more GM discussions right now then they’ve ever seen.

Thanks. It was Wilson. Obviously Chevy has been busy as well. With this many players available, RFAs and UFAs as well as a desirable draft, things are so nuts. It’s a real chance to improve your team. Def a buyers market with all the asset supply.

Ehlers interests me but the price has to be too high.

I’d like him, but they would want Ghost and I don’t want to do that. They want a rhd as well so you’ll be selling ghost at more of a discount. Plus Ehlers coming would block Frost or farabee.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks. It was Wilson. Obviously Chevy has been busy as well. With this many players available, RFAs and UFAs as well as a desirable draft, things are so nuts. It’s a real chance to improve your team. Def a buyers market with all the asset supply.

I’d like him, but they would want Ghost and I don’t want to do that. They want a rhd as well so you’ll be selling ghost at more of a discount. Plus Ehlers coming would block Frost or farabee.
I don’t think you disregard inquiring about a young 30 goal 60 pt winger because you’re afraid of blocking young players who may never be that good, let alone right now.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Still a lot of options available but the field will narrow down soon.

Chuck needs to focus on getting first things done first... Niskanen helps improving the defense. Now need to get Hayes signed or find a similar middle-6 center before spending money on a luxury like another winger. Another tweak to optimize the D would be nice but not a priority in my books.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You really don't want to make too many changes before AV gets a chance to coach the team.
Fletcher may need to see AV in action to get a better feel for who fits, for one thing.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Still holding out hope for Kasperi on draft night
Draft night could be when some things break. When the time comes for the #11 selection some team (Winnipeg or Toronto?) might see that the player that they want is there and are willing to move a quality piece from there roster to get that pick.
Sometime the Leafs have to wake up and deal out some players to fix their cap mess. Marner is going to get his payday in the $11M per range; there's no way around it. I can't see the Leafs allowing Marner to get an OS and I can't see them affording to lose him. That means that Kapanen, Johnsson, Nylander and Kadri could be on the move over the weekend.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Draft night could be when some things break. When the time comes for the #11 selection some team (Winnipeg or Toronto?) might see that the player that they want is there and are willing to move a quality piece from there roster to get that pick.
Sometime the Leafs have to wake up and deal out some players to fix their cap mess. Marner is going to get his payday in the $11M per range; there's no way around it. I can't see the Leafs allowing Marner to get an OS and I can't see them affording to lose him. That means that Kapanen, Johnsson, Nylander and Kadri could be on the move over the weekend.

And I'm hoping we get another Kapanen in the orange and black draft night.

Not sure I'd give up #11 for him though when I think we could OS him. Tough decision.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That’s more if we traded Frost for ehlers. This is ghost plus Frost for ehlers in a way.
No it’s not. If Frost stays in the organization, & ends up as good as Ehlers, he’ll force a spot for himself. But he’s probably starting in the AHL anyway & isn’t likely to be a 60 pt NHLer for a few seasons, if at all. You don’t just ignore the possibility of acquiring a proven young 60 pt scorer because you have players in the system who *might* eventually be as good (or very well may not). Just MHO.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Ehlers has a big contract attached to him. The Jets need defensemen which makes Ghost for Ehlers a sensible move. They get a d-man and some cap space. Ehlers becomes a young wing for the Flyers but with G, JVR, Jake, Lindblom, he becomes an expensive third liner and losing Ghost creates a hole in the defense. Unless Fletcher is able to make a trade for another good defenseman by moving Jake or JVR, I don't see a Ghost for Ehlers trade in the mix. In no way should it be Ghost and Frost for Ehlers. That's a gross overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad