2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014

I really don't get this, he had no trade protection.

At worst a team could look at him as a one year rental, you would think that he would be worth more than what they got even if a team was assuming he wouldn't be signing with them past the one year. Especially with the report that the NYR weren't allowed to talk to him prior to the trade anyway. NHL GM's are confusing.

Reactions: Chainshot

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
I really don't get this, he had no trade protection.

At worst a team could look at him as a one year rental, you would think that he would be worth more than what they got even if a team was assuming he wouldn't be signing with them past the one year. Especially with the report that the NYR weren't allowed to talk to him prior to the trade anyway. NHL GM's are confusing.

Except it wouldn't be the GMs in this case leaking that Trouba wouldn't sign anywhere other then 1-2 places. It would be his agent.

Reactions: Chainshot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Hayes getting paid

Giroux (8.275), Voracek (8.25), Hayes (6.5), JVR (7.0) is a lot of money for tied up for diving production. Giroux still has some tread on the tire, but JVR and Voracek's numbers seem to be declining. If Giroux's numbers start to drop before the end of the contract, that could be 30M in anchors just as that young defense starts to come into their prime.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You think they were only offering Domi for ROR, straight up? I guess that’s possible, in which case you’d be correct. But I find it hard to believe Arizona wasn’t willing to throw a first in there to match STL’s offer.

What I find hard to believe is numerous people (both here on HF, and out in post cup media land) who believe there were only a few teams interested in ROR....

What I know is that Domi was on the block, and Chayka talked to Botts about ROR.... and we don't have Domi, so Botts is a clown ;)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Giroux (8.275), Voracek (8.25), Hayes (6.5), JVR (7.0) is a lot of money for tied up for diving production. Giroux still has some tread on the tire, but JVR and Voracek's numbers seem to be declining. If Giroux's numbers start to drop before the end of the contract, that could be 30M in anchors just as that young defense starts to come into their prime.

At the same time they have guys like Couturier and Gostishbere on contracts that pay them half of what they are worth in their prime...

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Except it wouldn't be the GMs in this case leaking that Trouba wouldn't sign anywhere other then 1-2 places. It would be his agent.

Yes, but he's still a RFA for this year, he'd get his QO and I assume with arbitration rights at worst you're looking at 1 year at a decent amount, maybe 5 million? I doubt he'd be willing to sit out the year.

I would think that if you valued the player, and the acquisition cost was a late first & a iffy 5/6 Dman, that would be worth it for a team that is trying to win this season and gives them a year to talk with Trouba. Unless there's some news that he knows where his fiancee is getting a residency already.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Is there a thread on this site / main board, or external link where the various confirmed signings and confirmed trades since the end of the regular season are cataloged / listed without poster commentary?

I simply seek a list. Does NHL.com have a "transactions tracker"?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

What makes sense here? I truly don’t know what’s realistic off of Vancouvers system.

I mean, I think it logically starts with Virtanen and you start adding. Petterson/Horvat/Boeser are all off limits, as well as their 2019 1st. Sutter is a shell of his former shelf.

I'd say:

Virtanaen + 2019 2nd + another decent piece.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Is there a thread on this site / main board, or external link where the various confirmed signings and confirmed trades since the end of the regular season are cataloged / listed without poster commentary?

I simply seek a list. Does NHL.com have a "transactions tracker"?
I think it does but there may be a posting delay to it.

fingerpainter

Dec 20, 2018
Pls just not another Sobotka/Berglund acquisition. In theory picking up some experienced players for our kids is cool, and getting depth is necessary - but pls don't give up 1 really good player for a few depth pieces again

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Don't trade Risto to that team unless you're getting Horvat

A deal of Vancouver lesser pieces has a ceiling of the ROR return and Risto likely has less trade value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad