2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Judging from the trade board there's really no appetite around the league to trade wingers for defenders. Should they get into a bidding war over Toffoli with Carolina and Boston?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I wouldn’t mind crazy Bogo dressing from time to time with how soft this team is. But we are a long way from that happening.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Botterill taking a lie detector:
"We need to improve our team." (ding)
"We're actively trying to acquire a top-line forward." (buzzer)
...Top 6 forward (buzzer)
...Top 9 forward (buzzer)
...Forward with good underlying statistics (buzzer)
...NHL forward (buzzer)
...NHL defenseman (buzzer)
...*sighs* AHL defenseman (ding ding ding)

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Botterill taking a lie detector:
"We need to improve our team." (ding)
"We're actively trying to acquire a top-line forward." (buzzer)
...Top 6 forward (buzzer)
...Top 9 forward (buzzer)
...Forward with good underlying statistics (buzzer)
...NHL forward (buzzer)
...NHL defenseman (buzzer)
...*sighs* AHL defenseman (ding ding ding)

reference:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Hey they called up Lazar what more do you want ? :DD

I keep thinking of McDermott's too many irresponsible moves in the past recent quip and can help with thinking the same thing is going to apply to the Sabres making any kind of deal it just is not going to happen especially after gettong cleaned on O'Reilly but I hope I'm wrong.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Do Tierney and JG Pageu help this team if we found a way to dump Scandella, Bogogian, 1st + other picks, and Erod to OTT? How much of an add is the other picks? Another 1st? Lottery protection? Our Forward core is so lackluster.

Sens have like 5 Mil in space and both players carry 5.1M cap coming back.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
So if Johansson is out... is it FINALLY time to put Reinhart at center with a capable winger (Skinner)?

I think that ship has sailed. The player has been on a development path for too long. It was the wrong one, yes, but here we are.

How far back would you have to go before his time at center outweighed his time on the wing? Early puberty? At this point, he's probably forgotten whatever made him a top center prospect at 18.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Do Tierney and JG Pageu help this team if we found a way to dump Scandella, Bogogian, 1st + other picks, and Erod to OTT? How much of an add is the other picks? Another 1st? Lottery protection? Our Forward core is so lackluster.

They'd certainly help. Pageu is a rental, and Tierney won't be super easy to sign. A 1st+ is a lot to pay to secure a first round playoff exit.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think that ship has sailed. The player has been on a development path for too long. It was the wrong one, yes, but here we are.

How far back would you have to go before his time at center outweighed his time on the wing? Early puberty? At this point, he's probably forgotten whatever made him a top center prospect at 18.

Marcus Johansson is playing center effectively for the first time since his rookie season. Let’s not think smart players sudden lose the ability to do this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I am a big fan of Pageau, Tierney less so since I’m a role not sheltered by dominant Shark forwards he has struggled to be effective at both ends of the rink.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I know we don't number lines but with MOJO out you have to think we now possess the worst #2-4 centers in the league...

Also someone a while back had asked me about trying Mitra on the wing instead of center... I say sure why not... Can't hurt.. Maybe that's where he'd be better off

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

he’s probably one season behind in terms of when to start him at center. It’s not too late.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

I won’t give up a 1st, it’s not on the table.

I do like Pageu though if they are shopping him at a reasonable price.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
...And we get a 2nd, plus they take Sobotka or Vesey and their $2.2-$3M to make the cap work.

Imagine having our centre depth fixed in one move? For a surplus d-man a pick & a guy who's top end appears to be in the Pageau range if we're lucky...?

Mittelstadt is NEVER going to be a #1C, possibly not even a solid #2, and Cozens being in the fold now creates a redundancy at the #2/3C position as early as next year. I have absolutely no issue dealing Casey at this point for immediately improved play up the middle.

Can’t express in words how f***ing awful that trade proposal is...

Especially when you consider how loaded this 2020 draft is.

I wouldn’t trade a 10th overall in 2020 for Tierney + Pageau

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
If nothing is done by Thanksgiving I'm moving Bott's to the incompetent category with Murray and asking for a head of hockey operations. Yes, Mr. Krueger would be fine.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Have patience, my friends. It's frustrating now, but I gotta think Botts is lining up something significant- everyone knows we need to make a trade. The only reasons for not doing so are a) Botts is really friggin dumb or b) he's looking to make the best deal for the best player. I find B a lot more likely- outside of the trade the must not be named he's made some solid moves, I gotta think he's looking to get a 2nd line player for one of our lesser defenseman+. Like, Sheary+McCabe+pick for Kreider or somethin. Probably not Kreider, feel like NY needs him, but somethin like that.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Marcus Johansson is playing center effectively for the first time since his rookie season. Let’s not think smart players sudden lose the ability to do this.
Yeah sire, interesthang to see also and actually does y'all think MaJo is playing tomorrow already? It's not like we've been hearing like his got a huge injury or bruise or anythang like that there sire. I'm like sensing he'll be flying out there tomorrow again mayne. Like treally killing it. Also on the uh, nother note: I told y'all Victor Oloffson finna bank that thang up and score-a-lot records. Mayne he surely has. Will do his tomorrow again like y'all already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad