2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Have patience, my friends. It's frustrating now, but I gotta think Botts is lining up something significant- everyone knows we need to make a trade. The only reasons for not doing so are a) Botts is really friggin dumb or b) he's looking to make the best deal for the best player. I find B a lot more likely- outside of the trade the must not be named he's made some solid moves, I gotta think he's looking to get a 2nd line player for one of our lesser defenseman+. Like, Sheary+McCabe+pick for Kreider or somethin. Probably not Kreider, feel like NY needs him, but somethin like that.

Patience is most certainly advisable, but I'm not certain it will be rewarded. We are nearing the 1/4 mark of the schedule and the Sabres are far from being the only team in the league that has holes to fill and assets to move. Yet, there has not been a single meaningful trade in the league since the start of the year. That it will be Botterill who somehow manages to make such a meaningful move seems unlikely.

Though it might not be popular, moving one of our right handed d-men for a bottom 6 RFA and futures might be the best we can hope for. Montour to Vegas for Eakin and a pick/prospect combo similar to what we gave up to get Montour would result in a modest upgrade to our forward/centre ranks and would give us additional assets to move closer to the deadline should we find ourselves in buy v. sell mode. I'm not sure we could expect much more given the trade climate in the league.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Have patience, my friends. It's frustrating now, but I gotta think Botts is lining up something significant- everyone knows we need to make a trade. The only reasons for not doing so are a) Botts is really friggin dumb or b) he's looking to make the best deal for the best player. I find B a lot more likely- outside of the trade the must not be named he's made some solid moves, I gotta think he's looking to get a 2nd line player for one of our lesser defenseman+. Like, Sheary+McCabe+pick for Kreider or somethin. Probably not Kreider, feel like NY needs him, but somethin like that.

be prepared to be disappointed. They're going to get crushed by Carolina and then lose to Ottawa for good measure, but no meaningful trade will be forthcoming because the Sabres shitty players have no value, and what few good players they have aren't getting traded.

or, maybe Botterill does have something big up his sleeve, like trading Reinhart for 2 bad players, a bad prospect, and a conditional pick ffs we really should just give up

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Can’t express in words how ****ing awful that trade proposal is...

Especially when you consider how loaded this 2020 draft is.

I wouldn’t trade a 10th overall in 2020 for Tierney + Pageau

Whatever bud . Pageau alone is going to net a 1st at the deadline or before - he's on fire...

The point of trading for a guy like Pageau & other roster improvements is to finish higher than 21st for a change - bolster the current roster so we get to pick 25th-31st every year instead of top-10. Squad Goals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad