2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 12: Still Too Many Defensemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Ok, so I've seen Hertl's name thrown around rather subtly both here and in the twitter-verse. Is there any validity, rumors, etc, or is this all just pipe dream?

Because he is someone I would move A LOT to acquire.
He's a former fan favorite trade target until the Sharks started doing too well to consider selling anything. His contract is similar to Ristolainens if you can make a good deal centered around those two.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ok, so I've seen Hertl's name thrown around rather subtly both here and in the twitter-verse. Is there any validity, rumors, etc, or is this all just pipe dream?

Because he is someone I would move A LOT to acquire.

There was some Twitter daydreaming yesterday where his name came up.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Mittelstadt for Zacha is some crazy impatience. That's not moving any needle.

If you can manage something like McCabe and a pick or Risto + Rodrigues for Zacha + Wood, you've got something to work with.
Where did you see Mitts for Zacha? I just saw yesterday a comment from a Toronto fan who offers Mitts for Zacha. Yesterday we conspired with a New Jersey fan that McCabe + Rodrigues + 2nd for Zacha and Wood.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Where did you see Mitts for Zacha? I just saw yesterday a comment from a Toronto fan who offers Mitts for Zacha. Yesterday we conspired with a New Jersey fan that McCabe + Rodrigues + 2nd for Zacha and Wood.
I'm trying to read between the lines of previous comments as I can't freaking read half of them, but wasn't it also proposed on the trade boards?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm trying to read between the lines of previous comments as I can't freaking read half of them, but wasn't it also proposed on the trade boards?
I only saw this offer from a Toronto fan-troll, it can hardly be taken seriously.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Boy.....that 2nd feels too high in that deal. A 3rd seems better, but yeah. Maybe a 2021 2nd in the hopes that we're better next year and don't need it as much?
Well, we did not discuss the year of the draft, so probably 2021 is possible.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
There was some Twitter daydreaming yesterday where his name came up.

Yeah, I saw that. if SJS decides to do something drastic (they won't), Hertl and Meier are two of the guys I would move Reinhart for. Every other idea for moving Sam makes me all kinds of angry (and I have been a harsh critic of his this year).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I saw that. if SJS decides to do something drastic (they won't), Hertl and Meier are two of the guys I would move Reinhart for. Every other idea for moving Sam makes me all kinds of angry (and I have been a harsh critic of his this year).

Meier's QO bomb terrifies me. It's $10MM. If he accepts the QO, it takes him straight to UFA. If he doesn't, you're still paying him at least $10MM per year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I imagine we go 11/7 again. I hope. Pilut better not be scratched.

No idea. I would think the Bogosian-Ristolainen pair is going to be tasked with some sort of "power" (RK's words, not mine) matchup. Granted, that seems like a great way to get hemmed into their own zone for extended periods of play.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Reinhart is frustrating and plays like a puss alot , avoiding contact. In the last three i havent seen that.. So..
We should not want to send talent out the door until . We give our Team at least another line to take pressure off of the actual people who can shoot amd pass and know the game.. Add a legit top seven player and then we will see if teams have two groups of as**oles to blow up two lines. Him and risto are two that i hesitate to deal as there are intangibles that many seem to undervalue to their game..

That said . it looks like ralph lit a fire under his and shearys a** after Tampa .. Maybe w just such a bad scenario you mention...

Keep our talent use picks and prospects protected that won't hit for two year w a cap dump or two and replicate the reverse blues deal...
Hey.. Reverse Blues.. End the suffering and then whoever doesnt step up , and is soft...

Tradesszz tradecszzz and more selling . if not..great.. We didnt give a key player away... I want to kick him (sammy boy) and my wife hates him but... No.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Boy.....that 2nd feels too high in that deal. A 3rd seems better, but yeah. Maybe a 2021 2nd in the hopes that we're better next year and don't need it as much?
You're really underrating Zacha, dude has been on their 3rd-4th line for the majority of his career. if we give him a chance he can make for a nice 3c or middle six winger

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Reinhart is frustrating and plays like a puss alot , avoiding contact. In the last three i havent seen that.. So..
We should not want to send talent out the door until . We give our Team at least another line to take pressure off of the actual people who can shoot amd pass and know the game.. Add a legit top seven player and then we will see if teams have two groups of as**oles to blow up two lines. Him and risto are two that i hesitate to deal as there are intangibles that many seem to undervalue to their game..

That said . it looks like ralph lit a fire under his and shearys a** after Tampa .. Maybe w just such a bad scenario you mention...

Keep our talent use picks and prospects protected that won't hit for two year w a cap dump or two and replicate the reverse blues deal...
Hey.. Reverse Blues.. End the suffering and then whoever doesnt step up , and is soft...

Tradesszz tradecszzz and more selling . if not..great.. We didnt give a key player away... I want to kick him (sammy boy) and my wife hates him but... No.

What are you talking about ? reinhart constantly takes hits to make plays

Reactions: Chainshot

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
What are you talking about ? reinhart constantly takes hits to make plays
It's hilarious how another one of our skilled guys is taking the brunt of the blame as to why the roster as a whole is soft. While Sam can be much more engaged in the play than he's shown so far this season, so can pretty much everyone else outside the LOG line not paid $9nil+ a season. Give him time away from Eichel and see how much his play automatically adapts to the situation. Jack has been a force, so Sam's known deference towards him has probably been amplified more than at any other time.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Fair...

I don't think a pick in the teens in this draft is that big of a risk to trade. Maybe add a top 10 protection clause to the trade...

I dont think Monahan is available.

I highly doubt Monahan is available. But he's the type of player I'd target if we're making some type of blockbuster trade. And there was some (likely bogus) talk that Calgary were looking to clear house.

I doubt Johansen is available either fwiw... These type of trades just don't get done during the season.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yeah Hynes will probably have the opportunity to 'fix' the Preds before they do anything crazy. Their center spine has underwhelmed, but can't see them shaking it up without getting a center back.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like the Pens would rather move Galchenyuk's salary in full to be able to get cap flexibility. I don't think Buffalo can swing a deal straight over without moving Bogosian, so if they are still looking at this, there will have to be at least three teams involved (the patsy taking Bogosian, the patsy taking Galchenyuk, errr Buffalo and the Penguins who seem to be sniffing around local boy Brandon Saad).

20 Penguins Thoughts: Shopping season likely not over for Jim Rutherford

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is Botterill still chasing Galchenyuk? :) Maybe some kind of trilateral deal by Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is Botterill still chasing Galchenyuk? :) Maybe some kind of trilateral deal by Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Chicago.

In a very Regier-ian way, we have heard of him being interested in certain players and then eventually those trades happen. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't... just passing along the info that it isn't going to be a straight bad cap for bad cap deal (not that it seemed likely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad