2019-20 Roster Speculation Part 12: Still Too Many Defensemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
At the right price, any interest in Nick Foligno? plays a very aggressive leadership style and has one year left on his contact after this. His age doesn't fit but could fill a 2/3C spot till Cozens is ready. Columbus has to tear it down and we know the Foligno roots.

Then go get Marcus back!

Reactions: DapperCam

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
My SSSS told me that the Sabres are trying to trade a defenseman to another NHL team for a player who could help the team get into the playoffs.

Reactions: Chainshot

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
What would People be willing to give for Pageau and Duclair from Ottawa?

Skinner Pageau Duclair would be a nice 2nd line.

Some combination of Mitts, Bogo, Sheary, Ryan Johnson, 2nd round pick, Marcus Davidson

If Pageau could be reupped then I wouldn’t mind losing Mitts. Duclair is finally putting it together and has tremendous wheels and finishing ability.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
What would People be willing to give for Pageau and Duclair from Ottawa?

Skinner Pageau Duclair would be a nice 2nd line.

Some combination of Mitts, Bogo, Sheary, Ryan Johnson, 2nd round pick, Marcus Davidson

If Pageau could be reupped then I wouldn’t mind losing Mitts. Duclair is finally putting it together and has tremendous wheels and finishing ability.
We'd probably have to give away a couple 2nd round picks and a couple defensive prospects to pick up both and dump some cap on them with the likes of Bogosian.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
Botts coming from Pitt and Buffalo needing wingers it would seem like Galchenyuk would be a natural fit. Got to think Botts decided against it.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Assuming he's available. If the 'Yotes are really the leaders for Hall, gotta think Fischer is part of the package......or part of the future.

Maybe, but I don't think Fischer is going to be a big part of any Hall move. What's holding it up is probably the salary. For it to work for Arizona, they'd almost need New Jersey to take back Hossa. If the Devils are trading Hall and taking on Hossa, that's players like Soderstrom, not Fischer, going to New Jersey.

Something like Hall to Arizona for Hossa, Soderstrom, Faranacci, and Arizona's 1st, plus a 2021 second which can be a 1st if Hall re-signs. Even with that, Arizona would need to put Demers or Hjalmarsson on LTIR to make it all work.

Complicated. I worked some of it out on CapFriendly.

FloridaSabresFan

Nov 5, 2019
Huh? Pittsburgh isn't healthy yet. Per the rumors, Rutherford will likely wait until they're healthy before pulling the trigger on a Galchenyuk deal.
I mean they could send Erod or Sheary back to fill that roster spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Then go get Marcus back!
ouuu that would be nasty.

Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Skinner-Mojo-Mitts/Vesey
M Foglino-N Foglino/Asplund
Girgs-Larson-okposo

That bottom six would cause some problems. they would be very hard to play against

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Botts coming from Pitt and Buffalo needing wingers it would seem like Galchenyuk would be a natural fit. Got to think Botts decided against it.

Pens are still missing Crosby, Hornqvist & Bjugstad - they literally CANT deal Galchenyuk until at least one of their 3 missing top-9 guys comes back...

Chucky for Bogo/Scandella makes way too much sense for both sides not to be seriously considered...

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
At the right price, any interest in Nick Foligno? plays a very aggressive leadership style and has one year left on his contact after this. His age doesn't fit but could fill a 2/3C spot till Cozens is ready. Columbus has to tear it down and we know the Foligno roots.

Love Nick Foligno, but if he's playing mid-6, he needs to be considered primarily a winger at this point - his draw % are nowhere near good enough to be considered an actual upgrade at 2C.. He's in exactly the same neighborhood as Mojo & Sam - Now if you can figure out how to get me a F/O man like Pageau/Tierney or Bonino to take the draws w/ Nick Foligno on the right wing I'm all in!!!

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Leadership, goal scoring ability, and toughness ?? Ya, you can sign me up for that one

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Whatever the Sabres do they have got to make fixing the faceoff circle one of the primary priorities. We are near last in the league and that is giving up to much puck position time and lost opportunities. Everyone wants a second line center. Me too if we can find one.....but when I look at the roster there is a hole at third line center too. It may be easier right now to get a good third line center that can win faceoffs and provide third line stability. We have so many wingers that "can also play center" and need more true centers.

I have not seen enough of Aspland yet to have an opinion on whether he will make it as a center or winger at the NHL level, and Casey obviously is atrocious at faceoffs and need to go to the AHL to work on everything.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
FO%
Bonino - 55,3 %
Tierney - 54,7 %
Trocheck - 54,3%
Eller - 54,3%
Pageau - 53,0%
Jenner - 52,0%
R. Strome - 49,4%
Faksa - 49,4%

Probably any of these guys would strengthen us in center and on the face-off.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
FO%
Bonino - 55,3 %
Tierney - 54,7 %
Trocheck - 54,3%
Eller - 54,3%
Pageau - 53,0%
Jenner - 52,0%
R. Strome - 49,4%
Faksa - 49,4%

Probably any of these guys would strengthen us in center and on the face-off.

I think Tierney would be a good guy to target from that list. Likely available and probably not overpriced the way Pageau's gonna be with the career year he's having.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
JG Pageau's got a stupidly high shooting percentage at 20.8% right now and that is not sustainable at all. Ottawa would ask way more than he's worth based on his goal total. I have no interest in overpaying for someone who's going to regress to the mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad