Speculation: 2019-20 Roster, Cap, Trade Discussion (MOD WARNING POST #542)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kase has no value right now

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
What would it take for Colorado to get Getzlaf at 50% retained?
Instead of any trolling answer I'll just say that Getz has a full no trade clause. Getzlaf has been on record as saying he wishes to stay in Anaheim his entire career and no one is going to try and force him to wave it at any cost. He will likely retire a Duck.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Instead of any trolling answer I'll just say that Getz has a full no trade clause. Getzlaf has been on record as saying he wishes to stay in Anaheim his entire career and no one is going to try and force him to wave it at any cost. He will likely retire a Duck.

Thank you for the informative answer, figured there was a chance he could be moved given that you guys have some good players on the roster and he could still fetch some decent assets.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Thank you for the informative answer, figured there was a chance he could be moved given that you guys have some good players on the roster and he could still fetch some decent assets.

I only really see two realistic reasons he is moved.

The first is by request. His request. He has a Stanley Cup, so it’s not like he needs to win one before his career is over, but there is always the possibility that he might want to go somewhere else. I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s possible. If that happens, I wish him the best of luck, and hope Murray can send him someplace favorable while also securing some good assets. He could even return after, and retire a Duck. I’d call that a win-win scenario, but still an unlikely one.

The second is next season, when he’s eligible for a new contract. It’s possible he may price himself out of Anaheim and be a bit unreasonable in his contract expectations. He’s still a very good player, but he shouldn’t expect a big pay contract in the twilight of his career if he wants to stay. If that happens, I don’t think Murray will feel obligated to re-sign him, nor should he. Loyalty works both ways.

Maybe someone else can come up with another legit reason, but other than that you’d probably be looking at Murray becoming public enemy number 1 in Anaheim. He could try to force the issue and really push for Getzlaf to waive to get something for him, but I think it’s felt that he should retire a Duck and he’s earned that. He’s going to finish with over 1,000 points as a Duck, and his number will be retired.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are the Ducks having a fire sale? Must have missed something. What’s up with these new trade threads and posts? Again will say it, this team is better than their record indicates. They need to tweak and let the kids grow not blow it up.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Are the Ducks having a fire sale? Must have missed something. What’s up with these new trade threads and posts? Again will say it, this team is better than their record indicates. They need to tweak and let the kids grow not blow it up.
Typical HF standings watchers that pay no attention to the actual direction of other teams. They aren't in cap trouble. They aren't old and declining.

"Ducks should rebuild by sending out their most productive players for spare parts and mid-round picks" does not even deserve a response.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Typical HF standings watchers that pay no attention to the actual direction of other teams. They aren't in cap trouble. They aren't old and declining.

"Ducks should rebuild by sending out their most productive players for spare parts and mid-round picks" does not even deserve a response.

Lindholm + our 1st

for a top 5 pick! HOW COULD THIS GO BAD?!

Lafrienere will lead us to the promise land.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I only really see two realistic reasons he is moved.

The first is by request. His request. He has a Stanley Cup, so it’s not like he needs to win one before his career is over, but there is always the possibility that he might want to go somewhere else. I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s possible. If that happens, I wish him the best of luck, and hope Murray can send him someplace favorable while also securing some good assets. He could even return after, and retire a Duck. I’d call that a win-win scenario, but still an unlikely one.

The second is next season, when he’s eligible for a new contract. It’s possible he may price himself out of Anaheim and be a bit unreasonable in his contract expectations. He’s still a very good player, but he shouldn’t expect a big pay contract in the twilight of his career if he wants to stay. If that happens, I don’t think Murray will feel obligated to re-sign him, nor should he. Loyalty works both ways.

Maybe someone else can come up with another legit reason, but other than that you’d probably be looking at Murray becoming public enemy number 1 in Anaheim. He could try to force the issue and really push for Getzlaf to waive to get something for him, but I think it’s felt that he should retire a Duck and he’s earned that. He’s going to finish with over 1,000 points as a Duck, and his number will be retired.
Pretty much this... Only way getzlaf is leaving realistically is if he wants too.

I also don't think Getz has ever had a bad relationship with the front office/city/team.... he seems to love it here, even when were not competitive.

I think Perry and BM didn't exactly get along, I also kinda feel like BM prob asked getzlaf for permission before getting rid of perry(but that is just a guess)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He def could fetch a decent package/assets... but I just don't see him wanting to leave, and like sojourn said, he already won a cup so chasing a cup isn't really something he might be interested in.

Reactions: Perratrooper

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I don’t know what’s worse. Fans of other teams looking to be vultures? Or anyone on the MB thinking that ridiculous 405 guy represents Duck fans?

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Great article on athletic about sprong

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He was a pouty baby and was hoping someone would claim him. Doesn't understand how he scored so much in half a season and he's down there. Now he's just saying the right things and hoping something happens sounds like he's still checked out to me hoping he gets moved. Has a lease in Anaheim, didn't want to have 2 leases so been staying at a hotel.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
He was a pouty baby and was hoping someone would claim him. Doesn't understand how he scored so much in half a season and he's down there. Now he's just saying the right things and hoping something happens sounds like he's still checked out to me hoping he gets moved. Has a lease in Anaheim, didn't want to have 2 leases so been staying at a hotel.
this feels like a really pessimistic way to look at how Sprong talked. I can understand his frustration and confusion, because I agree him. His skillset is something we just don't have, and to not even get a look after a good showing the season before is still confusing. He's definitely saying the right stuff right now, but I don't think he's saying it to just say it. He think he deserves another shot at the NHL (I agree) and he'll take it with whatever team gives him that chance; which is completely fair. And the hotel thing makes sense, plus it's not like he's the only one staying at the hotel.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think these idiots on twitter understand how scouting works. Scouts are paid to scout. Not to sit around all day surfing internet like us. Every game, every night has scouts from all different teams.
I think if you see the same scout on a nightly basis, they have a heavy interest in someone.

Boston continues to scout Anaheim.

My guess is Kase… but they prob also really love Silf(don't think hed be moved tho)

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Boston is 100% in the market for a top 6 RW. Anyone that thinks they're moving Krug or Mcavoy to get one should probably get their head checked though and I've seen quite a few on Twitter.

If we move Kase to Boston it will be a futures package.

Reactions: Getz2noone

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
If Terrys injury is long term, (anything over 4 weeks) I think Sprong will get his shot now. I would predict some pieces off the roster will be moved prior to the deadline, so now is the time to see what Sprong has learned in the AHL.

Oct 18, 2011
4 wins in the last 19 games

Bob needs to try and get off that Henrique contract and if someone will overpay for Rakell I'm listening, by the time we're decent again he's going to be a UFA. We don't have very many valuable players that we would potentially move

Reactions: AngelDuck
Oct 18, 2011
we can't score goals so naturally we don't call up a goal scorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad