Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread Part II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Since we're playing the sports celebrity game, I met Spain's goalkeeper Iker Casillas at a market in Beijing in 2011. He didn't seem too amused that his wife was buying up all the handbags :laugh:

I've also played 18 holes of golf with Robert Karlsson once too, when at the time he was top 5-10 in the world. That really put in perspective for me just how much of a difference there is between pro's and amateurs. He went -8 par effortlesssly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We need a thread titled "Guess UncleRisto's bust"

32B.

Next category...

OJH1.gif

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’ve really liked what I’ve seen of Dach against the Oilers, it really makes me wonder how different things could have been if he were there at 4. He’s almost the perfect second line center behind MacK, but ultimately I think we got the best defenseman and a forward that will move ahead of some of the other forwards drafted ahead of him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I’ve really liked what I’ve seen of Dach against the Oilers, it really makes me wonder how different things could have been if he were there at 4. He’s almost the perfect second line center behind MacK, but ultimately I think we got the best defenseman and a forward that will move ahead of some of the other forwards drafted ahead of him.
I was skeptical of Dach last year, but he certainly has been developing well there. I think he's still a pretty raw product, but he's trending in the right direction to be very good in a couple years.

Speaking of good near misses from 2019, I liked Harley tonight too. Byram+Newhook is an amazing haul out of that first round, but I think Turcotte+Harley would have been really close in terms of value.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

I was skeptical of Dach last year, but he certainly has been developing well there. I think he's still a pretty raw product, but he's trending in the right direction to be very good in a couple years.

Speaking of good near misses from 2019, I liked Harley tonight too. Byram+Newhook is an amazing haul out of that first round, but I think Turcotte+Harley would have been really close in terms of value.

Dach and Harley was my preferred duo going into the draft.

I still think Dach would have been a great fit in our top6 and Harley could've been a quick study for the top4, but Byram and Newhook have done nothing this year to suggest they won't be the better pair of picks so overall I'm happy with the outcome. That being said, watching Dach find his feet and look not out of place in essentially the NHL playoffs makes me wonder what could've been.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Dach and Harley was my preferred duo going into the draft.

I still think Dach would have been a great fit in our top6 and Harley could've been a quick study for the top4, but Byram and Newhook have done nothing this year to suggest they won't be the better pair of picks so overall I'm happy with the outcome. That being said, watching Dach find his feet and look not out of place in essentially the NHL playoffs makes me wonder what could've been.
Had we picked Dach I don't think he'd have been rushed into the NHL like Chicago have done. But it would have been interesting to see how our 3rd line would look with Dach at 3C during the playoffs if we had done so.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, not believing a four game sample size of Dach yet, he still has his issues.

Also, a lot of NHL teams and I mean A LOT are loaning their European players back to Europe for next season (Seider was one of the more recent ones). I don't know if they're confirmed transfers or have an out-clause for the AHL, but that's what I keep seeing on EP. Do not be surprised if Avs do the same with Kaut.

Also we're about a week away from our NCAA players losing their rights with the Avs. Surprised that not even Clark has gotten any info about what Avs plans are. FTR, Kroenke with Arsenal are rumoured to be cutting 55 jobs due to Covid...so I wonder if that will trickle to his NA sports clubs as well?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Meh, not believing a four game sample size of Dach yet, he still has his issues.

Also, a lot of NHL teams and I mean A LOT are loaning their European players back to Europe for next season (Seider was one of the more recent ones). I don't know if they're confirmed transfers or have an out-clause for the AHL, but that's what I keep seeing on EP. Do not be surprised if Avs do the same with Kaut.

Also we're about a week away from our NCAA players losing their rights with the Avs. Surprised that not even Clark has gotten any info about what Avs plans are. FTR, Kroenke with Arsenal are rumoured to be cutting 55 jobs due to Covid...so I wonder if that will trickle to his NA sports clubs as well?

Seider has an out for whenever the NHL starts back up. There are some players that don't have an out that will stick in Europe for the whole year. I think Kaut will have an out and try to come back to the states in Nov... but Ranta could be an interesting one that leaves college and stays in Finland.

I'm with you on Dach... with Dach, his problem has never been showing up for stretches, it is being consistent. There are other issues in his game, but the half effort, invisible nights are going to drive coaches crazy... especially when he plays to his ability some of the time.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Seider has an out for whenever the NHL starts back up. There are some players that don't have an out that will stick in Europe for the whole year. I think Kaut will have an out and try to come back to the states in Nov... but Ranta could be an interesting one that leaves college and stays in Finland.

I'm with you on Dach... with Dach, his problem has never been showing up for stretches, it is being consistent. There are other issues in his game, but the half effort, invisible nights are going to drive coaches crazy... especially when he plays to his ability some of the time.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have issues, but he’s also 19 and not many 18-19 year olds don’t have troubles with consistency And bringing 100% every day. Heck I could make the same argument at the start of year for Byram and that’s not even in the show.

Dach has not looked out of place in the series against the Oilers. In fact he was one of the more noticeable players last night and he brings it all imo. He’s like a Getzlaf that shoots and I think he’ll consistently be a playoff performer in terms of effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad