Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - To Infinity and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
We have 4 forwards on Pace for 70 points, a Top 5 PP, Hughes on Pace for rookie Dmen scoring records and we're still only a few losses away from the bottom of the Conference. This is all with no injuries.

This year's draft is apparently much deeper than next year's class. Not a scout or prospect follower but it's supposedly one of the deepest drafts in years. I'd much rather keep this years pick if that's the case

Yep. This year is deep.

Reactions: canuckking1

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Some say it's 2003-deep. #thisiswhywetank

Keep in mind the canucks pick they gave up in the Miller trade may be lottery protected this year (i.e. if they miss the playoffs) but it isn't the canucks choice to defer. They can sneak into a wildcard spot and receive the 16th overall pick and have to surrender it to Tampa. And you know that if management thinks they are at all close more of those 2020 picks could go out the door on deadline day.

Deepest draft in years and I wouldn't be shocked to see the canucks first pick being in the third or fourth round.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
it’s a benefit of tanking. We tank to have benning fired

Honestly, just getting Benning fired is enough for me at this point. I would gladly trade a 1st rounder right now to get his ass out of office, no hesitation.

Today is a big day, brothers.

A big loss tonight at home would be the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Honestly, just getting Benning fired is enough for me at this point. I would gladly trade a 1st rounder right now to get his ass out of office, no hesitation.

Today is a big day, brothers.

A big loss tonight at home would be the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for

I prefer a major collapse, something like entering 3rd period with 5-0 lead then lose 9-5.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
I prefer a major collapse, something like entering 3rd period with 5-0 lead then lose 9-5.

Nothing would be bring joy quite like Loui scoring on our own net when we are already down 4-0 or something ridiculous.

Santa, if you're listening, give daddy Hyzer a nice juicy L for my Christmas stocking this year! I will also take Green, Benning, Weisbrod resignation as well, that is also acceptable.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Keep in mind the canucks pick they gave up in the Miller trade may be lottery protected this year (i.e. if they miss the playoffs) but it isn't the canucks choice to defer. They can sneak into a wildcard spot and receive the 16th overall pick and have to surrender it to Tampa. And you know that if management thinks they are at all close more of those 2020 picks could go out the door on deadline day.

Deepest draft in years and I wouldn't be shocked to see the canucks first pick being in the third or fourth round.
I hear Jim is a draft guru!

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just like that we are not even in the wild card. I know it’s early, this is all on you canucks. No excuses.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Lol talking about the draft. There is almost zero chance we're keeping our 1st round pick this season. It's either going to TB or Jim's going to trade the top-15 pick because he absolutely has to make the playoffs next season, no matter how far away this team is. There's really no argument here.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford

Is this true? I thought it was our choice all this time.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
hate upper management to a point where it's concerning for my health.

but like Bo's captaincy game, tonight is about the dragon slayer. go nucks - tonight.. and only tonight.

Reactions: mathonwy

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

This is the scariest thing with Benning in my books. This guy, who has proven time and time again that he doesn’t give two sh*ts about the future of the franchise he runs, will probably mortgage the future just to make the playoffs this year.

As much damage as he's done since he's been here, he has the ability to completely cripple this team for years to come with just a single stroke of a pen.

The casuals think he's done a decent job and will carry on building but the reality of the situation is that this is the most dangerous time of Jim Benning being our GM.

Reactions: vanuck and mathonwy

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Is this true? I thought it was our choice all this time.

From what I’ve read the protection is solely based on whether the Canucks make the playoffs. The trade was announced as a 2020 first round pick unless the Canucks miss the playoffs and then it reverts to a 2021 pick.

my fear is very much this management team deals more picks and youth just to get that 8th spot. If they do succeed then they lose a good pick in a deep draft. If they fail they will have blown other resources but hey at least they’d have that pick I guess. A pick I think they very much need moving forward.

Anyways...Vegas win. Yotes win. Wild win. Preds tied in the third. Pretty good tank night thus far.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Don't worry, if we can just keep playing the bulk of our schedule against teams like the Ottawa Senators we might just be in a good situation to maybe get the last seed in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad