Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - The Final Countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
They mean something because in this case there is nothing to actually suggest Benning didn't believe what he was saying. It hasn't simply been a it's what teams say at the beginning of the year.

If in the slim chance he didn't actually mean them, then there is no need to really say it. Times have changed and teams have begun to be forthright with the fan base where the team is.
When you talk out of both sides of your mouth long enough, people stop listening.

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
NEVER - I am more of a battleship that runs on solar power, tanks are not good for the environment.

By the way I was all tank last year but not anymore - they have enough to go forward. The only thing I would like is a another defender prospect, not big on Julio.

Good for you. There are other threads for non-tank people.

I want to see the Canucks as Cup contenders, not as possible playoff contenders (if everything goes right) despite being capped out and mortgaging the future. The Canucks are in a sad sad state until Benning is fired.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
NEVER - I am more of a battleship that runs on solar power, tanks are not good for the environment.

By the way I was all tank last year but not anymore - they have enough to go forward. The only thing I would like is a another defender prospect, not big on Julio.
That's the crux of the debate right there. I don't think they "have enough to go forward" as a legitimate contender. Sure they've got enough to sell tickets and jerseys, but that shouldn't be the goal.

I don't understand the thinking behind them having enough of everything but a single defensive prospect, like sure, maybe they'd have enough if all their 1st rounders were hits, like Winnipeg's or something like that, but Jake and OJ, is not Connor and Morrissey.

They still need an army (RIP). That's why people still think it's beneficial to miss the playoffs this season. Having an opportunity to have balls in the lottery for guys like Lafrenierre, Byfield, Drysdale, Raymond, Holtz etc would be massive. And that still isn't "enough" to go forward IMO, but it's certainly better than what they have.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
giphy.gif

Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads!

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I take comfort in the fact that, despite the first month going as well as even the most rabid pro-playoff fan could have reasonably hoped for, the Canucks are only in a playoff spot by a pretty slim margin.

Soft schedule, no injuries to key players, progression from young guns, no noticeable regression from key vets....

It wouldn't take much for this team to drop down to third worst in the conference. If they do drop that far prior to the Xmas break, that would be a huge boost to team tank.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I take comfort in the fact that, despite the first month going as well as even the most rabid pro-playoff fan could have reasonably hoped for, the Canucks are only in a playoff spot by a pretty slim margin.

Soft schedule, no injuries to key players, progression from young guns, no noticeable regression from key vets....

It wouldn't take much for this team to drop down to third worst in the conference. If they do drop that far prior to the Xmas break, that would be a huge boost to team tank.
Christmas is going to come early this year!

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Wait, I'm confused. You guys are embracing a tank? Van is holding down a division playoff spot a quarter of the way through the season. I don't understand.

Anyhow, should be an exciting one tonight. Makar vs Hughes will be a treat.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Wait, I'm confused. You guys are embracing a tank? Van is holding down a division playoff spot a quarter of the way through the season. I don't understand.

You still don't get it, do you?

The purpose of tank support is to get Benning's ass fired, he's shown to be a very incompetent GM who should've been booted years ago.

Holding a division playoff spot 1/4 into the season? R~~~~ight, because playoff starts now, not next April. Were you aware of how many games they won since November thus far? How about how "well" they played in October on a butter soft schedule against mid-low tier teams? And the fact that the team is repeating the EXACT same pattern for the last half decade?

October showed us what happens when absolutely nothing goes wrong; November showed us how fast this team collapses if someone so much as giving the team a harsh stare.

Reactions: xtr3m and Pavel96

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
This is gonna be a hard one with Bibeau in net for the Avs. I hope our anemic offense doesn't generate anything today cause thats the only I can see us winning

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Hopefully the first blowout loss this season. Hasn't happened yet which is surprising.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

I don't blame you for thinking this way but trust me... there's a reason we are better off without Benning in the long run.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
6 losses in 7 games.
2 wins in their last 9 games.

This team is bloody garbage even with a healthy roster. The injuries are coming...and I can legit say we have a shot at bottom 5.

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
How can our owner, even remotely conceive the Canucks are a playoff contender? He does watch hockey, and not just blueberry pickers I would hope.

Firing Benning would be a step in the right direction. Damn that would be awesome.

But replacing him with another yes man would change nothing. Hiring a real GM would mean this team could build a future.

Trading our first rounder this or next year, was idiocy in the same vein as not drafting Tkachuk realm of foolishness.

I hate seeing our team rick rolled endlessly. At least I can cheer for the team to lose this year. Next year its just all around lose, lose, and lose.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Clean loss would be better but take the OTL given the opposition was without 2/3rds of the top line and playing a AHL backup with 91 minutes of total play this year (AHL and NHL). And they needed a break from the ref, When you think about it is a laughably bad performance by the Canucks on the heels of an equally bad one last game. Bodes well for the trip.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad