Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Pro-Team Tank Thread - The Final Countdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
What are you 16 years old? That was freaking ancient history and at the time he was considered to be a coach that has a lot of success, the Canucks also sucked big time so they had nothing to lose. The problem was that he tried to treat the NHL vets like he did in the juniors. In hindsight he should of did his time as an assistant or worked in the AHL.

You keep dodging the question. I don't believe you support the team's hiring Bill LaForge. Sadly, not even you are a true fan.

So welcome to the tank thread. You are one of us.

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
You keep dodging the question. I don't believe you support the team's hiring Bill LaForge. Sadly, not even you are a true fan.

So welcome to the tank thread. You are one of us.

NEVER - I am more of a battleship that runs on solar power, tanks are not good for the environment.

By the way I was all tank last year but not anymore - they have enough to go forward. The only thing I would like is a another defender prospect, not big on Julio.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
NEVER - I am more of a battleship that runs on solar power, tanks are not good for the environment.

By the way I was all tank last year but not anymore - they have enough to go forward. The only thing I would like is a another defender prospect, not big on Julio.

Tank or no tank, no ones really gives a f***. You can do whatever you feel like is right, or whatever that gets your the best enjoyment out of the game or out of life in general.

Just because you support the team unconditionally does not make you some kind of genetically mutated omega level supreme being.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
ED4vudn.gif

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The season is playing out pretty much the way I thought it would. The team is better than last years (not that it's saying much), but at best is a bubble playoff team. They'll probably finish a few games above .500

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The season is playing out pretty much the way I thought it would. The team is better than last years (not that it's saying much), but at best is a bubble playoff team. They'll probably finish a few games above .500

I think most of us predicted that. This team makes the playoffs if everything goes their way which likely doesn’t happen. I don’t think the defense will hold up. Tanev is a good bet to miss a few games. Hughes will likely have a worse second half because he’s not used to playing the amount of minutes he has been and the games.

What sucks is a bubble playoff team results in the current management group staying.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If this team misses the playoffs by more than a couple points they have no other option except to clean house.

Benning:
“We believe this is a playoff team..”
“We have quality depth with NHL players that can come up and play in case of injuries.”

Reactions: Jack Burton

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
If this team misses the playoffs by more than a couple points they have no other option except to clean house.

Benning:
“We have quality depth with NHL players that can come up and play in case of injuries.”

Need that evergreen Lindenning twitter post that has a set of the quotes from every October and every April which is literally "we have the depth, our team is good" to "we didnt have the depth, we had more injuries than anticipated". And when they say that year after year, they are essentially showing their own asses that they are blatantly incompetent.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Man compared to two weeks or so ago the Canucks playoff optics are sure going south in a hurry. Team is cooling off while Edmonton and Arizona (barely) remain hovering above, Calgary/Vegas/Nashville are just below us, and Dallas/San Jose/Chicago are starting to heat up. Really the only positive note is Anaheim is dropping out of the picture.

See how things look at end of November but the way things are shaping up Canucks are probably looking at 11/12 in the conference. We're only now starting to get some injuries and still haven't been tested with a depleted blue line, 20 games in and only a single game lost there. Only 11 games lost at forward I believe, with Ferland taking 8 of them.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Man compared to two weeks or so ago the Canucks playoff optics are sure going south in a hurry. Team is cooling off while Edmonton and Arizona (barely) remain hovering above, Calgary/Vegas/Nashville are just below us, and Dallas/San Jose/Chicago are starting to heat up. Really the only positive note is Anaheim is dropping out of the picture.

See how things look at end of November but the way things are shaping up Canucks are probably looking at 11/12 in the conference. We're only now starting to get some injuries and still haven't been tested with a depleted blue line, 20 games in and only a single game lost there. Only 11 games lost at forward I believe, with Ferland taking 8 of them.

Roussel?

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com

Benning:
Can't stand these quotes, they don't mean a thing. He has said it for every year hes been here. Except for one, when he was selling that "meaningful games in march" message.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Can't stand these quotes, they don't mean a thing. He has said it for every year hes been here. Except for one, when he was selling that "meaningful games in march" message.

They mean something because in this case there is nothing to actually suggest Benning didn't believe what he was saying. It hasn't simply been a it's what teams say at the beginning of the year.

If in the slim chance he didn't actually mean them, then there is no need to really say it. Times have changed and teams have begun to be forthright with the fan base where the team is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad