Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Playoff Watch Thread

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Canucks will win the Stanley Cup?

It might be worth a +1600 bet. That said, I think it's either Tampa or Boston out of the East, and they have been cleaning up the Pacific division.

I think the '4% chance road to the cup' has a better chance to happen if we have another year where the wild cards upset the division leaders, except the Canucks. Also, the Avalanche and Blues need to go before the 3rd round. Ideally, the WC team (Coyotes?) makes a run through the Central. On the eastern side, you just hope you don't face the Bruins, Capitals, Penguins or Lightning in the finals.

I think absolute best case though we go through the two Alberta teams, then bow out quickly in the 3rd round. That's my high water mark goal for this post-season.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
It might be worth a +1600 bet. That said, I think it's either Tampa or Boston out of the East, and they have been cleaning up the Pacific division.

I think the '4% chance road to the cup' has a better chance to happen if we have another year where the wild cards upset the division leaders, except the Canucks. Also, the Avalanche and Blues need to go before the 3rd round. Ideally, the WC team (Coyotes?) makes a run through the Central. On the eastern side, you just hope you don't face the Bruins, Capitals, Penguins or Lightning in the finals.

I think absolute best case though we go through the two Alberta teams, then bow out quickly in the 3rd round. That's my high water mark goal for this post-season.

giphy.gif

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Then the trade become 28th overall pick and a 3rd round pick for Miller. Great trade

Reactions: Hammer79

Sneezy

Oct 25, 2019
Sometimes it just doesn’t seem like there is any light. Like no matter what Benning does, nothing ever sticks to him. No accountability.

I feel like an American.

I guess playoffs and having a fantastic draft record does that

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Edmonton has now passed the Canucks.
And the fall begins. What’s the team’s position after another 10 games? I hear a lot of playoff talk, but IMO we are not getting in. We have terrible possession and give up way too many shots.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Lol chill, there’s still a 6 pts cushion and teams currently outside now are too weak to catch up

4 point cushion if Nashville and/or Winnipeg wins tonight. The Canucks have had an unreal stretch of games since late December that their analytics suggest is unsustainable. It’s not out of the question that they will miss.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad