Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season Suspended

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
IF they end up playing again and there's a 24 team playoff then they will need to change the lottery and everything else. But, as it stands:

-Vancouver makes it, we get their pick
-Arizona makes it, their pick is top-10 and won't be a lottery pick
-Only 7 teams in the lottery, including us

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If a team hasn’t been eliminated from the playoffs then they should qualify for the expanded playoffs chances are they will get smoked in the 1 game playoff anyway and the league will go back to “normal”. It would be interesting though to determine the draft positions. Imagine a team like Tampa getting knocked out in the first play in game does that mean they are drafting say 8th? With a stacked roster already and a 8 pick that’s pretty sweet

problem also is that not all teams played the same amount of games. Which again is why they should just do a 30 team playoff Detroit congrats you get first pick

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I really thought we’d go big on our next hire if Shero was still here and that it would be one of those big names. I didn’t think odds were high that Shero would go for another Hynes with no head coaching experience in the league.

I still think it could be one of them if the owners really want us to be competing sooner than later.

I just hope it isn’t the Babcockosaurus. I think we have good odds to land one of Boudreau or Laviolette. Gallant will probably be in Detroit if Cooper survives in Tampa.

I still think the Rangers could be in on Cooper if he were canned, but logic would say they don’t want to get rid of Quinn and I don’t think they will unless it’s for the biggest name possible. They almost made the playoffs when they weren’t supposed to, so Quinn shouldn’t be in any danger, you would think. But then again, JD didn’t hire Quinn. That was when Sather was still running the show, even though Gorton made that hire and is still the GM there.
Cooper won't be let go unless they get knocked out early again, though maybe there's no playoffs anyway.

Gallant might be the best choice for us, with all the young players this team will consist of.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
IF they end up playing again and there's a 24 team playoff then they will need to change the lottery and everything else. But, as it stands:

-Vancouver makes it, we get their pick
-Arizona makes it, their pick is top-10 and won't be a lottery pick
-Only 7 teams in the lottery, including us

And people told me I was wrong to start Blackwood more often down the stretch :sarcasm:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'm sorry but it would be extremely funny if they did that to Buffalo. :laugh:

That would work out about as best as it possibly could have for us. Our odds of picking top 3 would presumably go up, and it would be pretty unlikely that we'd pick worse than 6th, with a guarantee of picking no worse than 7th. Hell, our freaking Vancouver pick would be 13th or 14th, earlier than it could have possibly been if not for the changes (I have a feeling that it would go to arbitration for that reason).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad